It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama recycles Clintonites back into office

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Just as I have been saying for days...All of the Republicans and Democrats who help vote your country right back into the crapper this election..... Please give your self a pat on the back. Once again you have been "jinxed" by your party! There is no change, there has been no change, and there will never be change. Obama is placing Clintonites in office..Just like McCain would have put Bushes recycled crap right back in, shuffled around in different offices.... So every one who wanted "Change" welcome back to the 90's....
Maybe next time you guys will "try" a third party????? Geeee..... how bad can it be I mean you voted us back in time only 10 years instead of 20 this time.....

[edit on 14-11-2008 by tsloan]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Did you really expect anything different? It's still just rich people playing the game called "politics". It's like a hobby for them. A way for them to feel special.

There was a time when it was about a peice of paper called the constitution. But now it's a terrorist act to refer to that peice of paper.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oh...I knew this was going to happen...I called it last year! I now have the floor because I didn't vote Republican or Democrat so I can sit and point my fingers and cast blame cause I haven't voted Republican or Democrat in the primary for the last 4 elections. I'm sick of trying to get people to wake up now I'm just going to call them out for screwing me over cause I didn't vote for these idiots.So now all the people who "wasted" there vote....by voting 3rd party....its time to stand up and start shaming the h-e-double hockey sticks out of the people who have voted everyone into this crappy economic standing!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Can't wait for the chanting **CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE** along with obligatory kneeling on carpets facing East praising Obamesiah!! There is no change, if any it will only be for the worse no matter who is in office.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
So every one who wanted "Change" welcome back to the 90's....

Hey, even if you are right and Obama surrounds himself with Clinton appointees, let me remind you that it would be a GREAT change from the past 8 years! I will take that change! That's the change I wanted! Our country NEEDS some change like that!

Did you expect Obama to hire inexperienced college grads and farmers and professional clowns to aid him in his presidency???? Or does it make more sense to hire a balance of experienced people, some of whom have an association to a SUCCESSFUL administration?

Perhaps you think that hiring people associated with the Clinton administration doesn't say "CHANGE" to you, but buddy, that's the kind of change I can believe in!
Our economy will be thankful!

And WHEN Obama gets in office and starts making some of the changes he campaigned on, I will give myself a pat on the back and you can sit there and point your finger and laugh. But when this country starts getting back in shape, I'll be the one who voted for the man who's behind the wheel and you wasted your vote on someone who never had a chance.

So, you can sit on your high horse and cast blame about how you did the right thing by wasting your vote, but do so in the knowledge that you did nothing to help the direction of this country. When you had a chance, you opted out. If casting blame is what you're after, good luck with that.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Great crikies! There are puppets everywhere! When Obamessiah rolls up to the White House in the Cadi [code named the Beast], Big Bird will be in a black suit with tie talking into his sleeve cuff. Kermit the Frog, wearing a bow tie, will open the door & say "welcome" with a grunted croak.

And the Fraggile Rock Band will be playing rap.........

uuugh...we are all going to hell in a dirty laundry bag...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Did you expect Obama to hire inexperienced college grads and farmers and professional clowns to aid him in his presidency????
[edit on 14-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

Funny that you said that considering ALL the political experience that Barry has.
He won't hire inexperienced people but the American people will.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah, if there were any questions as to who was pulling the strings on the Obama puppet, they're all being answered by his choice of cabinet members. Oh, well. Maybe without Bill Clinton wandering around all agenda-less, like he did before, they'll be able to actually accomplish something this time around.

If not, oh, well.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
And yet there are those who are screaming, 'fear him, fear the change, we're all doomed!" ( Re: Jon Stewart's show last night and clips taken from Fox )

If we didn't all perish during the Clinton years, why would changing back to Clinton era policies something to fear now? He didn't take our guns, enact laws that eat away at our liberties, or ship tons of money out of the country for a questionable war......

There's already been at the very least, one great change......from a playboy/cowboy to a constitutional law professor.... If he does utilize some of the same expertise (people) as Clinton did, he can and probably will put his own spin on their advice and council.

There are good surgeons and then there are even better surgeons .....yet they all use the same scalpels...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Funny that you said that considering ALL the political experience that Barry has.
He won't hire inexperienced people but the American people will.

I won't argue Obama's Experience with you, but it's well known that experience does not guarantee a good president. Dwight Eisenhower, George Washington, Woodrow Wilson, Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin Roosevelt all had less political experience than Obama. So get out of here with that.

The people of the country have determined that any experience Obama lacks, he has the wisdom and good judgment to hire.
It's those qualities and his leadership that will make him a great president.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Did you expect Obama to hire inexperienced college grads and farmers and professional clowns to aid him in his presidency????

Aren't most politicians "professional clowns"? Kinda rockin' an oxymoron there.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
If we didn't all perish during the Clinton years, why would changing back to Clinton era policies something to fear now?

Because times are different. Clinton's administration had it relatively easy when it came to terrorism, natural disasters, the housing market, the stock market, etc. Anybody could have been President during those times and probably the same thing would have happened.

This time around, however, the nation could probably use people who are a little better at pinpointing things that need to be done, setting goals, and then actually accomplishing those goals. There's not much indication those Clinton people are able to do that.

But who knows? Maybe this time, without Clinton, they'll get more accomplished than just a lot of White House grab-ass.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
If we didn't all perish during the Clinton years, why would changing back to Clinton era policies something to fear now? He didn't take our guns, enact laws that eat away at our liberties, or ship tons of money out of the country for a questionable war......

Clinton didn't try to take our guns? Really? Hmmmm...and when did the AWB come into being?

And getting involved in "questionable wars"? How about Bosnia, Kosovo, Somalia......

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Sorry to burst he bubble here but every president for what I can remember and I have seen various presidencies in my time has done the same thing.

They always recycle the old farts from previous administration.

So please stop the look of oh my gosh Obama is doing it because all presidents has done it.

People needs to understand that this is a thing for the elite in this nation to do, that is how they are able to hold their power for generations of politicians

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Shhh you aren't supposed to bring that up. The Clinton years hailed rainbows and butterflies everything was as it should be.

I am not supporting any of Bush's decision and I do not defend him in any manner. The past 8 years have sucked, but if there is one thing he can do before he leaves I hope that he pardons those 2 Border Patrol agents that got 12 years in a maximum security prison for doing their job.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Doom and Gloom]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I voted for Obama, not too happy with chief of staff but oh well, you need an experienced person that has done it before in that position, as far as Hillary I don't know I think she would have done well remaining in the Senate, someone else would serve the role of Secretary of state that might be more experienced in that role, I would love Wesley Clark to have a stake in the administration too, especially with the situation in Eastern Europe, he understands completely the dynamics at play there.

As far as too many more from the Clinton years I think it might be a mistake and also a smack at the whole change motto, it is not change to put the same players back in play from 9 years ago, it is a different world and a different economy than what Clinton and his administration were successful with, there are plenty of able minds in academia and the corporate world that might have more grasp in the areas of expertise needed to fulfill some cabinets seats in the first place, I do expect new faces in the rest of the cabinet, supporting staff and advisors, if not I won't be too happy.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by phinubian]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
OMG. If I wanted four more years of Clinton I would have voted for Hilary. Boo Hoo. This is the change everyone was fainting and crying for. Yes, it is normal for any Pres. elect to cherry pick from the talent pool of the past but I think the count is 30 something out of 40 some odd positions have gone to former Clinton folk. It would be nice to see some fresh faces.

This is what happens when you hire an inexperienced man for President. It kind of reminds me of choosing teams in Phys ed. class. Who will be the last poor sucker to get picked. I would imagine his choices have been heavily influenced by an elite few. Psst. who should I pick next? Oh.. that one... ya sure... alrighty then. Next.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So please stop the look of oh my gosh Obama is doing it because all presidents has done it.

The reason people are so up in arms over this is because Obama has been squawking "Change, Change!" the entire time, and when it comes time to pick his cabinet, he just fills them with old Clinton buddies.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
To no one in particular:

Spin it however you like. Business as usual, no changes, nothing to see here.

Let's just keep going...

I would have thought "change" to be something more than more of the same,
just another time period. Just another dawning day, with more of the same garbage we contend with. Seems like it is time for a change, for a change.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh man, Obama is paving the road for a GOP comeback, if the GOP is smart enough and cares enough to make real changes in its party.

Events like this should really make the GOP sit up and take notice. Something like this should be seen as an opportunity to mobilize NEW conservatives who hold the old GOP values into the GOP party and prepare them for 2012. Put financial experts in the party to track what's happening with finances for the next four years so if things go south as we think they will, we can tell America why. Put people into the party who believe in party unity and an adherence to some traditional GOP values:

* smaller governments
* free markets
* reduced taxes for corporations
* strong national defense and military spending
* more power to the states
* less intervention in businesses

and take a moderate approach to other issues to show an ability to change with the times, such as

* willingness to meet with world leaders before taking aggressive action, but not without preconditions
* willingness to meet in the middle on energy issues such as oil with the understanding that being energy independent is a gradual weening off process that may take a while and not something that can be set to a hard timetable
* willingness to hold corporations who harm the environment accountable and force them to update old equipment that could operate more cleanly and efficiently; scrap the cap and trade idea
* willingness to hold companies who seek government bailouts accountable if they abuse those funds, including individual executives
* Scrap the nationalized health care idea, but completely revamp the current system (need a better idea than credits)
* More allocation of funds for education programs

top topics

<<   2 >>

join