It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pine Gap; Chicken or the egg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Is it a coincidence that Pine Gap is bang in the middle of the UFO belt of Australia? In fact Wycliffe Well, in the Northern Territory (NT) is the 8th busiest place in the world for UFO sighting according to some reports. It happens that, Wycliffe Well is only 200 miles north of Pine Gap that is said to be tracking satellites and there is nothing between, check it on Google Earth..

There have been reports before on ATS and discussions about NT UFO’s. However since then, these sightings are becoming to numerous to mention most are not reported or if they are the newspapers don’t run with it because they have heard it all before. The other impedance to reports being officially mentioned is the remoteness if you actually see something by the time you get somewhere to report it, it’s been over for days.

Anyway back to Wycliffe Well, a clip from the caravan park web page says…
” Wycliffe Well is renowned for its regular UFO activities. Sightings are so common that if you stayed up all night looking you would be considered unlucky not to see anything, rather then lucky to see something.” They go on to say it is the 5th most visited UFO place.

All these happenings have got the attention of one channel the headline reads…..
History Channel Experts to Analyse UFO Sightings in Australia. This may well have gone to air by now I’m not sure but here is the link.

Link

Being so remote Pine Gap would have RF quietness just what you need for sensitive receivers. These installations need to be as far way as possible from urban interference like thousands of microwave ovens, radio/tv station links and many more.

I used to suspect UFO may be there because Pine Gap was there – silly Uh.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Pine Gap isn't that isolated, Alice Springs is less than 18km away.

As you say though, Wycliffe Well is an interesting place.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Pine Gap isn't that isolated, Alice Springs is less than 18km away.

As you say though, Wycliffe Well is an interesting place.

Hi Chadwickus - I guess your right as far as distance goes to Alice Springs but check out that range just south of Alice its around 1km high that would isolate them enough from urban RF. Then to the north from pine gap its 390km to "Wycliffe Well" where all the UFO stuff is - but I know you know that. I wonder what’s happening that 380k’s in between

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Pine Gap is by far the most top secret US Base in the world. Not because nobody knows there there but because what goes on there. That famous STS Shuttle footage where you see the UFO get shot at from a plasma gun came from Pine Gap.. They track UFO's Thousands of miles out.. not just Earth's orbit but even deep space tracking..From what I heard there's Thousands of UFO being tracked right now. Most don't come into our orbit. That's why anytime the US sends a fighter to get close to one (which happens to be under say 35,000 feet) The UFO just just shoots straight up usually going up to 400,000 feet or around 120 miles up. And only the space shuttle can reach that altitude.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

It's something I'd like to find out one day.

If there is anything out there the personnel at Pine Gap most likely knows about it.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Anyone have any ideas – is it a coincidence that pine gap is right where the action is so to speak. I’m not one for coincidences there is usually a reason.

Take a look at this
link

What do you think?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Rather than lookin south of Wycliffe Well, look west... the most user-unfriendly patch of sand in australia - the tanami desert. Some locals seem to think there's some kinda base out there, and it aint 'ours'. Is that a chicken or an egg?

[edit on 15-11-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Rather than lookin south of Wycliffe Well, look west... the most user-unfriendly patch of sand in australia - the tanami desert. Some locals seem to think there's some kinda base out there, and it aint 'ours'. Is that a chicken or an egg?

[edit on 15-11-2008 by Shar_Chi]

Thanks Shar_Chi, Do you have any leads on this. Have you done any google earth searching? Or someone told you somthing?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I've spent many hours google earthing the area and far beyond, but I was also able to stop in Wycliffe Well for half an hour on my way north and ask about 100 rapid fire questions to a few locals.

One of the rationales that there's a base and it isn't 'ours', is that after some of the bigger sightings (and after the press reports die down) the air force shows up and starts combing the area.

Also local aboriginals I spoke to have known about the lights in the sky since god knows when.

It's been on my list of things to do to get back out there asap, but it's bloody hard to get time off

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
I've spent many hours google earthing the area and far beyond, but I was also able to stop in Wycliffe Well for half an hour on my way north and ask about 100 rapid fire questions to a few locals.

One of the rationales that there's a base and it isn't 'ours', is that after some of the bigger sightings (and after the press reports die down) the air force shows up and starts combing the area.

Also local aboriginals I spoke to have known about the lights in the sky since god knows when.

It's been on my list of things to do to get back out there asap, but it's bloody hard to get time off

Yeah mate the locals are used to the "presence".

I love Wycliffe Well, I stayed a night there in July this year, on my way from Alice to Darwin. The campground itself has a few trees around so you'd have to be standing up on the viewing deck to actually have a chance of seeing something. Although there is a lot of clear sky.

I was approaching Wycliffe Well at about 5pm... it was bloody creepy driving on your own through the desert there, the Tanami desert right next door, kinda erie.

Didn't see any UFOs at the campground but all the visitors were out star gazing in the evening.

The day I arrived in Alice I saw what looked like a metallic disc glinting in the sun high up above the hills to the west, that sort of de-materialised as I saw it, from right to left and it was gone. Perfectly clear day too.

Oh well, I'll go there again some day.

And yea Pine Gap is roughly 14ks away from Alice. I went south of it on the way to Ayers Rock and you wouldn't know it was there. It's tucked away in a valley.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by The Dave]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thanks guys – with a bit of luck someone else who has travelled that area will find this thread and give us some input. When you look at Pine Gap on Google Earth it’s clearly in a valley and you wonder why a valley. It actually looks like it’s in between to ranges that have pushed up. I can see the benefit to isolate from Alice Springs RF noise but if they wanted to do that they would be further away. If anyone see’s any reports of new sightings post them here because I think many get missed.

new topics

top topics

join