It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - a video from the future.. beware

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hi there.

I was sent this video from 2012 to give you all a taste of what is coming..

www.moviefone.com...

Serious..

Ok well not really, but this is the trailer for Roland Emmerich's (of Independence Day Fame) new movie about 2012 and the end times..

All you Apocalypticos will like this..

Is this how you imagine it?

Ret

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I’m unable to watch it for some reason.

Well, I’m just glad this thread isn’t about another hoax...

[edit on 13-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think you need quicktime for the first link

Here is another...

www.firstshowing.net...

Ret

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Crappy trailer. All is says is "What would the governments of the world do to prepare 6 billion people for the end of the world". Then long pause, and says "It wouldn't". Then it says "google 2012 and find out the truth".

I have no interest in seeing it.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hmm

I thought the waves crashing over the Himalayas was interesting..

you seem to have missed that part? lol

Ret

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Okay, that trailer was really boring. Hope the full length one or a longer teaser trailer is better.

Google 2012?

Well at least this movie might bring more people to ATS who will be googling 2012.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Is this a real movie I hope so love to see a movie about 2012!
great post!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by retzius
Hmm

I thought the waves crashing over the Himalayas was interesting..

you seem to have missed that part? lol

Ret

Nope, I seen it. CGI of the earth being destroyed by a giant wave isn't a big selling point for me. See that kind of CGI all the time. I'd be more interested in concepts and things of that nature than some computer generated wave.

A better trailer would have been showing a spiral building as a line, and then following it as it gets tighter and tighter, then fading in a picture of the mayan pyramid steps, and outlining the crossing point of each step. As you follow the spiral, you can have events which just keep popping up, inventions and advances in certain things, where the events that happen are pretty slow on the wide parts of the spiral, and then as you get tighter in the spiral, the inventions and such start increasing in rate.

Showing sacred geometry, the Fibonacci sequence(in reverse) or something that makes you go hmm.

Something along those lines that would show concepts and things being explained or shown, rather than just some doom and gloom cgi wave killing some monks.

All I seen was - woohoo we made a movie about destroying the world, and threw the 2012 date on it for good hype. Not interested in that really.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i'm watching it know on watch-movies.net good so far if you like this ind of stuff. nothing like good old japanese bootleg versions. peace

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Good effects. I just read the spoiler. It sounds like a good conspiracy movie.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Flooding...
HMMMM...
I think the world was already destroyed by a flood. Yep...it already happened!
But, Jesus promised that He would never destroy the earth by water again.
There are still floods that happen, but Jesus only promised that He would not destroy the earth by water.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
There must be a few trailers out for that movie or different movies.

This trailer looks more interesting, to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

The YouTube description says that is a fan trailer for the movie, made of different clips from other films I guess. Wow, looks like the fan made a waaay better trailer, funny.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by crawgator406
i'm watching it know on watch-movies.net good so far if you like this ind of stuff. nothing like good old japanese bootleg versions. peace

Is it mostly showing the world getting destroyed and stuff, or does it actually get into the philosophical meanings behind it?

I would enjoy a good matrix type movie around it, where philosophical ideas and such are being presented with the action, but the idea of "Day after tommorow 2" doesn't really excite me. Coming from the same people who made that movie, and only showing another big wave just kind of turns me off.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I looked and found a great copy of the whole movie on sidereel.com...
The second link is a great divx copy...(perfect and all in one link)
Thought I would share for those who might want to watch...
Hope it is ok to share this information...

Sorry...I did post 2012 Doomsday...wrong movie...
I got excited and want to share...my bad...

[edit on 13-11-2008 by sapphirearaidia]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You do realize there is more than one 2012 movie, right?

And that this one's not supposed to come out until next summer?

And that the link to the trailer for this one is right above the (differently named, out for a while now) link you're talking about?

Is sidereel.com paying you?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I edited and said I posted the wrong movie...
I am sorry...no need to be so rude...(is sidereel paying me?)

I have found movies that have been posted online for many months before they get to the United State before.Like Hostel 2...I watched it many months before it even got to the movies here...

Some people on this site are just so angry...
They always have to put in a extra jab just to humiliate people...

Debate is great...But People have to go that extra mile to insult and humiliate...

Thanks for the early morning poke in the eye...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Oh man that's hilarious. In the first trailer, it's like "HOW WOULD THE GOVERNMENTS OF OUR PLANET HELP 6 MILLION PEOPLE?", I jokingly said to myself, "haha, they wouldn't."
THEN the preview said it too.. hahahahaha

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Not sure I understand why people think 2012 is gonna be big. I think if enough people believe it will be then they will do things to ensure it is. Has nothing to do with the end of the world.

I say the calendar stops where it stops because it was a calendar to cover an age. I'm sure they figured 2012 would cover them from making another one for awhile. HA.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
*yawn*...as if they don't have their own marketing campaign for the movie...

This particular work of fition doesn't interest me as much as I thought it might. I did like Apocalypto, though.

At this point, it seems like media efforts to cash in on popular culture is becoming more and more overt/transparent.

Who knows, though...perhaps the whole 2012 hype is yet another metaphore for our uncertain future.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join