It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ronald Reagan was right!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Some of you will scoff, but if you read the many posts here about the NWO and the take over of our country by special interests...maybe you will take the time to listen to this 1964 speech Reagan made on the very problems we here everyday complain about. The names have changed and the numbers have gotten worse, but this one speech actualy predicts our situation today!

video.google.com...

Zindo

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Zindo, thanks for the great find. Reagan has always been my hero. It's refreshing to listen to his no nonsense. I miss him. R.I.P.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wow....great find Zindo.

Now this is a speech. Pretty moving stuff. I was really too young when reagan was president. But i do remember everyone i know liking him. I remember watching tv when he beat mondale in 84'....was young put i never remember people saying.."Oh that damn Reagan! What did he do this time?" It seems like every president since him has been this way.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

This is great!

many slight things I noted...

1. How did Republicans ever become the party of the anti-intellectuals when they had someone so grand that spoke so eloquently.

2. Ronald Reagan believed in Evolution! He said this was the greatest threat facing man since he climbed out of the swamps to reach for the stars!

3. The concept of Self Government is great! How did the evangelicals with their moral proselytizing ever get mixed up with a group that believes in Self Government!?

4. Although, if you look at that audience... they all look very much alike. It's easy for a community which believes the same things across the board to govern themselves. It's very difficult when a community is filled with people who believe different things. Because of this, the GOP has failed by trying to unite on Evangelical values, when in reality they should be trying to Unite on something which exists at a more common level than relgious values, they need to do as Reagan is doing here, and unite on these common values of SELF GOVERNMENT. It's no wonder this Administration has WASTED so much money, because they don't really believe in SELF GOVERNMENT, they believe in a Democracy based on Evangelical values.

5. He makes a compelling statement that Farmers should be listened to about their economics because no one knows it like them. I guess thats a great argument for keeping Oil Men out of the Government.

I have to continue this at a later time.. but it is amazing! Thanks

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

1. How did Republicans ever become the party of the anti-intellectuals when they had someone so grand that spoke so eloquently.

I am not a republican but I'll stick up for them on this one. No one understands the economy better than true conservatives like Ronald Reagan. Over the years, you can look back and see each parties strong and weak points.

Conservatives are good with the economy but bad with relations, both at home and abroad.

Liberals are good with domestic and foreign relations but suck when it comes to economics issues.

That's why I'm an Independent. I am liberal when it comes to social policy but I am conservative when it comes to fiscal policy.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by bkcrt]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Who would have thunk it? I cant be possible that we still have the same problems today! the government fixed all that stuff back in the sixties!!! Well if that were true i wouldnt be struggling every day just to make ends meet. Makes me SICK! Wonder what the gov'ts favorite color is??? Ill be sure im wearing that color tomorrow when i go to work and bend over!

S&F!!!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Excellent find. Thanks for posting.
That speech made my leg tingle. I have never heard his earlier speeches before. We could use another Reagan again.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If things begin to degenerate in the next four years, I cannot begin to imagine what kind of social conflicts will begin to sprout in our great nation. This is perhaps the most leftist leaning government we have had in history. I am not keen on the cabinet members at all. I really hope nothing happens in the next four years, and that Obama turns out to be a good leader..but I'm certain that will not be case.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Regan was part of the problem. He changed the longer he was in Washington. He alone racked up over 1.5 trillion dollars on the national debt.

www.lafn.org...

That isnt even included the trillions he wiped out of the SS and Medicare funds. I thought I was a Republican till 3 years ago when I realized that the Republicans are really the opposite of what they stand for.

Now with the research Ive done Ive come to the conclusion that Regan was the one who started this Neo Con movement. Great guy I just wish he practiced what he preached on conservatism.

Full Disclosure this is not an anti Republican rant. The Democrats are just as bad when it comes to big government. But at least they make you pay for it with higher taxes instead of hiding the big government by putting it on the charge card.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Yeah ok....

Anyway I miss old shakey face I lived through those years it was great to have him as a President.

Dont let anyone fool you he did a lot for this country history will be the final judge.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by mybigunit

Yeah ok....

Anyway I miss old shakey face I lived through those years it was great to have him as a President.

Dont let anyone fool you he did a lot for this country history will be the final judge.

Yeah ok.....? You dont agree with my assessment? If not what do you disagree with?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was brought up to love Ronnie. I saw the 84 Olympic games and was so disturbed that all he did for the homeless was give them suits. He could have used that money for so much more. He supported Maggie (aka Ms Thatcher aka Ms T.) in Britains part in freeing Europe. He is a hero to me but left one warning, do not leave your poor behind or the Soviets win the argument one point for taste too many.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Regan was part of the problem. He changed the longer he was in Washington. He alone racked up over 1.5 trillion dollars on the national debt.

www.lafn.org...

That isnt even included the trillions he wiped out of the SS and Medicare funds. I thought I was a Republican till 3 years ago when I realized that the Republicans are really the opposite of what they stand for.

Now with the research Ive done Ive come to the conclusion that Regan was the one who started this Neo Con movement. Great guy I just wish he practiced what he preached on conservatism.

Full Disclosure this is not an anti Republican rant. The Democrats are just as bad when it comes to big government. But at least they make you pay for it with higher taxes instead of hiding the big government by putting it on the charge card.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by mybigunit]

Yes Reagan racked up a lot of debt but you have to remember he was fighting and ultimately won the cold war against the USSR. He defeated them without having to drop the bomb. He out spent them on defense. Money well spent. I remember being a kid during the cold war with the constant fear of the Russians dropping the bomb on us. I am glad my child does not have to grow up with that fear thanks to Ronald Reagan.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Yes Reagan racked up a lot of debt but you have to remember he was fighting and ultimately won the cold war against the USSR. He defeated them without having to drop the bomb. He out spent them on defense. Money well spent. I remember being a kid during the cold war with the constant fear of the Russians dropping the bomb on us. I am glad my child does not have to grow up with that fear thanks to Ronald Reagan.

Yup but he started a fad now. That fad is have all the big government you want, lower taxes, and rack up huge debt. He should of made the people pay for that big government so the huge debt wasnt added on. Look at the chart I provided above. This is what is bankrupting our country.

As far as social issues Regan talked a big game but what did he actually do? Did he fix immigration? Did he ban the evil gay marriage? Did he find a way to overturn Roe v Wade? Did he find a way to lower divorces? Premarital sex? Another Republican talking point is the social issues but nothing ever gets done and once again Regan played a part in this game.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticore
Zindo, thanks for the great find. Reagan has always been my hero. It's refreshing to listen to his no nonsense. I miss him. R.I.P.

Oh GAWD. Reagan was the beginning of the END for this country. His policies of deregulation on big business, cuts to social programs and exorbitant military spending and focus on Predominant America laid the foundation for the collapse we are now seeing, as well as the disdain of the rest of the world.

You may miss him, but Im glad he's gone.

By the way, I lived through his years as Governor of CA, and I know first hand what his priorities were and trust me, he didnt care about the little guy. He was single handedly responsible for filling the streets of CA with tens of thousands of mentally ill folks, some were Viet Nam Vets that couldnt cope with normal life (Iraqi vets will be the next generation of vet victims), none of which were capable of self determination, and all of whom eventually became either a burden on the CA taxpayer or died in obscurity in alleyways in cities up and down California.

No, far from deserving adulation, Ronald Reagan should go down in history as the architect of disaster. "Trickle Down" economics was a MYTH. STAR WARS was a joke, and didnt even become a reality until AFTER he termed out of office.

I personally reject this hero-worship mentality for a man so out of touch with his constituents that he could cut social programs all while his wife is busily paying $1000 a place setting for White House China. Ronald Reagan SUCKED and anyone that worships him is a TARD.

[edit on 11/12/08 by irishgrl]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkcrt
That's why I'm an Independent. I am liberal when it comes to social policy but I am conservative when it comes to fiscal policy.

Hmmm, doesn't that essentially make you a Libertarian? The American Independent party is extremely conservative. And if by Independent you mean undeclared, then you stymie your own ability to participate in primaries.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
"I am glad my child does not have to grow up with that fear thanks to Ronald Reagan. "

I hope there was a sarcasm emote in there that I missed.

You have read the recent posture of Russia towards the US yes?

So, he delayed it, awesome, now your kids will get to experience it in their prime, maybe even old enough to go fight them first hand.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Did anyone stop to think that this seeming prognosticator was actually just reiterating the same line of manipulative reasoning that has repressed our clarity for years?

Or do you believe that the Great USA couldn't fixed the same problem that has plagued us for over fifty years?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the script that all of us actors have performed in since the beginning of modern time.

Love the vintage find though.

AAC

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bkcrt

That's not true. Trickle-down economics has proven to be a complete failure.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by bkcrt

That's not true. Trickle-down economics has proven to be a complete failure.

In theory it works but in real life it does not and the reason is the greed factor. Instead of using those savings to give pay raises and create more jobs they use that money to give to themselves. This is why you see execs making 600x their average employee where as in 1980 it was 60x.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join