It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treated like a dog,used as a punchbag:The life and death of a baby boy called 'Smiley'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Treated like a dog,used as a punchbag:The life and death of a baby boy called 'Smiley'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Baby P's happy smile masked months of pain and terror inflicted by his mother and stepfather....In return,he was used as a punchbag ....On Baby P's final day alive,August 2, police told his mother that they would take no further action over suspicions she had assaulted him.He was found dead in his blood-spattered cot the next morning....eight of his ribs were broken and his spine snapped,injuries apparently missed by a hospital doctor two days before his death.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 12-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yet again the incompetence of social services,police and doctors allow for the torture and neglect of an infant to continue,and again the end result is murder.

But not one person involved with inflicting these injuries has been convicted of murder or manslaughter.The rife injustice in the UK continues.

....the 32-year-old boyfriend of the boy's mother being convicted of causing or allowing his death.
Also convicted of the same offence was the couple's lodger, Jason Owen. The boyfriend was cleared of murder. Baby P's 27-year-old mother had pleaded guilty to causing or allowing his death, which carries a maximum jail term of 14 years.
The mother and Owen, 36, of Bromley, Kent, were cleared of murder earlier....

The only thing more disgusting than that is the fact that not a single social worker or doctor will lose their job over this horrific crime.

Eight years ago the same council,Haringey in North London,was blamed for the death of eight-year-old Victoria Climbie.Her appalling death led to demands that such catastrophic mistakes should never happen again.

Obviously no on cared enough to make sure that action was taken.I wonder how many more children have to suffer and die until decisive action is taken against those who commit these crimes and the highly trained people who's incompetence allows it to continue.

I will post any new or relevant information when i can.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It makes me physically ill to read this...

I am not a very religious person, but I am saying a prayer that this little boy is in a better place now, that he is loved and protected.

I leave it up to Satan to deal with his killers and those who looked the other way.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That is just unbelievable.

I just finished the book "Trance Formation of America" (the Cathy O'Brien story). So reading this article about such severe abuse that is so readily over-looked is suspicious to me. It seems that these people are either all completely stupid, or they are part of some unthinkable organization.

That poor baby. I am glad his suffering came to an end. I am glad that it is out there for other's to know how his torture was shrugged off.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
and they,l say ,our staff did nothng wrong laike they did last time , and that lesson have been learned etc etc, when victoria died , all the bosses there tranfered to better jobs elsewhere. the social worker who handled that case was ,nt even experienced and she could,nt get support from here superiers either, one of which was a lady or african oringin who believed in witch craft can you believe............
i hate so called professionals , bunch or no nothing, could care less empty suits who either do nothing or just get it wrong..................
you,l see their replies in the press shortly , itl be just like i said.
today i heard the top cop in the jersey child abuse case has been suspended today in uk news...................................

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ya know, I hear more and more of about the level of violence in general in the UK.

I know we have our issues here at home as well.. it just seems like a pressure cooker over there in the UK right now though.

Am I mis reading the situation or is that about the size of it?

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Animals, dont have this problem...

In a pack of wolves, if one is recognised as mad, or attacks others within the group, the rest kill him..thus ending the problem...

And we call them dumb animals..we call them savage animals...

Maybe we should learn a thing or two from mother nature...

I hope that there is a place where the children that suffer and die are in peace.

I hope equally there is a place where sub humans such as these suffer eternally..

[edit on 12-11-2008 by andy1972]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
It makes me physically ill to read this...

You are not alone in this story having that effect....

As far the doc's, nurses, etc.. Agreed from me that job loss is the least of what they should face..

As for the mom and her boyfriend - I'll admit, it might be "right" but this story is about as good an argument for capital punishment as I've ever read.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Soory . . . that is all I can come up with without being banned

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is absolutely sickening. You hear stories of babies in trash cans here in the states, quite frequently, but I I have NEVER heard anything as disgusting as this.

I don't even know how to react. Its mind boggling.

This really makes me want to cry. Truly. Few things do, but this is just too much to handle. If I weren't here in California, I would do everything I could either myself, or by helping somebody teach the "man" a lesson, vigilante style.

[edit on 11/12/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This stuff is happening too much. It seems that there are whole families and their friends who participate in this kind of thing.

This is the sort of behavior that rats and other animals resort to in situations of extreme stress (overcrowding, torture, etc). I think we may be exceptionally cruel about it though. I'm not an animal behaviorist so don't quote me. I would do some research about it but honestly, it makes me sick that it even happens. I have three children; two young adults and one teenager. I don't think I could even imagine anything that horrible happening to them, let alone do it myself. My memories of their days as infants are some of my most cherished memories. I can't imagine how horrible these parents' lives must be to allow them to do such things.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Maybe they should rip out her womb, she can get out of prison in under 14 years! And have another baby!?

Where is the love? Poor baby....

[edit on 12-11-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Originally posted by ziggystar60

As for the mom and her boyfriend - I'll admit, it might be "right" but this story is about as good an argument for capital punishment as I've ever read.

AMEN.....Who cares about the rights of sub humans such as these.
When they commit crimes such as this they waive ALL rights they have to be treated as a normal person..DO AS TO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD BE DONE BY...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I read this story early this morning, and I'll admit to being on the verge of tears with it. It's staggering that anyone could to this to a baby. It's beyond my comprehension how the people who did it actually thought this was acceptable or okay in some way. I know that crying babies and children can 'hard work', but really, what's the worse a baby can do other than make noise and keep you awake occasionally?

One of the aspects I found the most disturbing about this is the way they trained the child to respond to a click of the fingers, so he'd bow down and put his forehead to the floor. That alone suggests that none of this was due to explosive rage but rather pre-meditated and calculated. There can never be any excuse for that.

Also, it strikes me as a very cowardly thing, I mean, how impotent and pathetic must someone be to do control and beat a baby like this? Apparently, one of the perpetrators (a big bloke at 6ft 4) was bullied as a child and became a bully as he got older and claimed he was beating the child to 'toughen him up'. It seems to me that this needle-dicked bastard never really got over being bullied and had to resort to taking his own issues out on a baby.

That this was Haringey council is shocking, or perhaps not. I think the social services do a difficult job; everyone remembers these kinds of stories but not the good stuff that the services often provide. There are some good people working for the social services but like a lot of fields, it's rife with cronyism and people entering the job purely with an eye on management positions and have no love or affinity for the job they do: it's all about the next rung on that ladder until they get that big management position.

That these managers - and the people on the ground actually involved in the case - will not be sacked is farcical. If they won't resign either, like they've stated, I really hope that a few persuasive words in the middle of the night might make them rethink those statements.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What kind of sick person can do this? You try to have faith that your fellow men/woman are kind, decent people, and when you read stuff like this it makes your stomach turn.

It's no excuse, but the social services are understaffed and carry a huge caseload. As long as the kid has a roof over their heads, food to eat, and a bed to sleep in, too much crap is overlooked. I say this because I grew up in the system and saw far to many things.

Sometimes people make me want to vomit.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I can't even comment on this..., it's too visceral, too tragic.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What in the heck might I say?
A baby being murdered. Nothing more aggregious in my opinion. NOTHING. As most of you know I am a proponent of the death penalty. The murderous vermin who killed this innocent child deserve a date with the needle in my opinion. No excuses, no leniency. I don't apologize for my strong beliefs. Did you see the pictures? Did you read the story? NO EXCUSES. NONE. An innocent baby beaten to death by adults. I can say no more.
I pray that this child sits in heaven in pure peace.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by lombozo]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You can only hope that the mother and boyfriend will suffer for the rest of their lives. Another reason to promote eye for an eye punishment for crimes committed against children and the otherwise helpless.

I worked with abused kids while I was in college and one case in particular infuriated me. It was the case of a 6 year old boy with Cerebral Palsy. The boy had been removed from his home, placed in foster care and was later adopted by a caring family. The boy was barely able to walk with the aid of crutches or a walker. He was removed from his home because his parents, mainly the father, beat him on a regular basis. Both parents served jail time and the father as I understood it had it particularly rough in jail. Apparently, his fellow inmates did not approve of his crimes. He got what he deserved.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Looks like the value of human life in "civilized" society has finally sunken to it's lowest level. But what are we to expect from a system designed to reward those with the lowest levels of personal and societal ethics? Getting a monthly reward simply for having an illegitimate child is a prime example. And the more illegitimate children you have, the more monthly reward you get. Does this make sense? I guess to a lot of you it does, seeing as this is the way a lot of the world's governments are going.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join