It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]UFO in Araraquara, Brazil[HOAX]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
A very interesting video of a UFO taken in Araraquar, SP, Brazil:

www.youtube.com...

Greetings

mvmsbr

ADMIN NOTE:
This post says all you need to know about the video in question.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
WOW...looks so REAL........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Awww come on , dude! Are you serious? I never ever say this either.... That video screams CG... I'd have to say you're going to face a rough day on the board....

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Are you kidding me, right?

It's so fake that I don't know why you waste your time posting it.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
EVERY TIME I SEE CRAP LIKE THAT IT GIVES ME INDEGESTION!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
yeah... right...amazing how they were able to get in a logo for "smash.com" before they showed the "ufo".? what are you, 2 years old?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Definately post processed CGI with extremely bad masking of the shapes: the ufo is visible through the building while it's behind it:

NOtice that this screeshot was taken at 7.108 ms, BEFORE the object appears entirely from behinf the building.

Same thing happens here, less obvious, but a shadow is clearly visble on the building while the UFO is still behind it.

This happens when the masking is bad, inaccurate or missing, BAD work anyway.
PS: i guess that he/she used this model, BTW...

Just my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Update
The video has been confirmed to be CGI made with After effects (and its camera-tracking and color corrections tools) by its author, Guilherme Paiva, an advertising man from Brasil: it's part of a Viral Marketing Campaign for a company called Smash Com, based in Araraquara, Brasil.
A screenshopt taken at the start of the video in the OP:

Two video have been released:
Video # 01:

Video # 02:

(the one of the OP)

The case was clarified by Ceticismo Aberto, which staff got in touch with the author, and published an article in portuguese titled
OVNIs digitais invadem Araraquara (Digital ufos invade Araraquara)

Rough translation of the article:

We contacted the author of the video, Guilherme Paiva, who kindly explained to us that "this video is part of a marketing campaign for a new agency that is to open here in the city of Araraquara: the Smash.Com which consists of two phases , will launch first 3 videos on YouTube where he allegedly filmed himself the appearance of UFOs in known locations of the city. The second part will be a more interactive campaign where we will take two actors dressed as aliens to perform a type of print in the commercial center of the city.

William continues: "This kind of marketing activity we're doing is new, better known as Buzz Marketing and / or Viral Marketing and proved ideal for the city of Araraquara by using the Internet and spread quickly and virtually without cost. The video you saw quickly exceeded our expectations, this because in 1 week reached more than 700 people, which meant he was quoted in two radio programs of the city. Something that never expect to happen. As I said before this video is the first of the series, the second went on YouTube today and can be seen below.

"Certainly you are interested in how that was done / created that video right! Well ... It was shot with an amateur camera and even the entire insertion of the UFO was only possible thanks to the software Adobe After Effects, where I could use their resources for Motion Tracker and Color Correction to add the famous UFO (Note: Attached I send making of a fast on the production of the video).

This is interesting because it shows how we can see how today thanks to the computing resources can quickly fake a UFO in a convincing way. "

Credits:
www.ceticismoaberto.com...

Finally, the author released the "how i made it" version of the video:

With that all being said, i guess that we can now put this one to rest

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Good work Internos - hoaxers should be publicly flogged.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Big thanks to internos for taking the time to confirm this as CG.

I'm hoping people would get to know what CGI looks like before posting a video. A clear video showing a craft close up is almost always computer generated. If the movement is funny and the shadows look false, you can be sure that it's viral advertisement or a "social experiment" (which I guess means seeing how many gullible UFO believers take it for the real deal).

Keep your hoax detectors ready, people.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Good work Internos - hoaxers should be publicly flogged.

I agree! Multiple floggings!! They should also be publicly force fed (as in actually made to eat and consume) all of the hoaxed material they created to generate their ilk and tripe! I am almost dancing with glee at the imagery this is creating in my head. But I am quite twisted at times...ahem....I should digress.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Can't stand crap like this. Saw the original and thought it was s**t to begin with, it's this kind of crap that stops all things proper in the UFO field, they have no regard of ufo's, just showing how they did it is a major f*ck you to the people that come here and look for the things that ring true to them.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Here's one other reason to think it is fake (besides Internos' great analysis and confirmation from the Brazilian videographer himself...

...While I don't know for sure what the UFO's flight path was before the video started, it seems to me that it wasn't visible until it appeared from behind the building. If that was the case, then why did the camera operator zoom into the building in the first place? How did he know the UFO was about to appear?

[edit on 10/12/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

join