It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wu-Tang Klan and the 5 percenters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
But is it safe to say that maybe 85% of the world has never even heard of the astral plane?
Not at all. Again, turning to wikipedia, 20% of the world population is Muslim, and there's an Islamic belief in "World of Yetzirah" which seems to be an astral plane equivalent. 13% Hindu and 5% Buddhist. Not counting other, smaller or less organized or recognized religions, right there we've got 38%. Add in various pagan, wiccan and other mystery religions, I'd say 40% would be a safe bet. So at most 60% of the population never heard of it? (And that's not counting D&D players...)

ok go test your theory. spend a day asking random people if they know of or about the Astral Plane. I'm certain you will find it far less then the 60%.
You think any of the highschool girls obsessed with looks and such know of the Astral Plane? Think about how many of them are in this coun try alone.
What about kids? They count as people too and I bet they don't know of it.
You can't just pick numbers that fit your belief and go from there.

Not saying the OP's info is 100% correct. but when it is believe all around the world in solme degrees then it has to have some merit and truth.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
reply to post by JoshNorton

But the idea of 'Five-Percent' being 'bad math' was not what the OP was going for. He was attempting to bring light to the connections of the Wu-Tang Clan and the Five-Percent nation At least that is what I took away from the post.

It was you who brought the '5% being bad math' into the discussion. It seems that you are trying to discredit the validity of the group based on that one 'equation'. You fail to look at it metaphorically at all.

Regardless of the 'math' regarding the population of the world and how that percentage relates to the population of 5%ers, there are thousands of followers of the Five-Percent Nation, including the Wu-Tang Clan and many other Hip Hop groups.

I believe that is what the OP was trying to convey, the 5%er 'secret society' connection to Wu-Tang Clan. I do think that the OP should have done more research into the topic before posting, but the information is still relevant to the ATS membership I believe.

Sorry for being so brash before, I had not had my caffeine.
DocMoreau

exactly ! It's all about the message and not the messanger. If you stick to that , then you can usually find what is of importance in a topic.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Nice thread .

My understanding of 5 percenters is to follow the righteous path , to build and add on (spread positive knowledge ) that empowers us , to unite and take back power from those who hoarde knowledge (the elite ) .

We are all Gods but have been tricked into thinking we are powerless but our power comes from within not an unseen entity .

G. O. D .

GIVE life OR DESTROY it .

The 12 Jewels we live by .

Knowledge Wisdom Understanding Freedom Justice Equality Food Clothing Shelter Love Peace Happiness

5% ers is not a religion its a way of life , a peaceful , positive movement that empowers the people not the elite .

PEACE

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hell Razah ft Killah Priest Smoking Gunnz

www.youtube.com...

INTRO Yea, we don't make no vests, right? No pistols, bullets and shells (Yea, "Renaissance Child") You'kno'whatI'm'sayin'? We don't make grenades (
A.K.A. Hell Razah, Maaaccaaabee - Military) We don't make none of that shi* We just know what to do with it though (All my soldiers stand up)
You'kno'whatI'm'sayin'? ("Smoking Gunnz") Y'all sell that shi* at Wal*Mart Y'all sell that shi* ([Coughs], I smell the "Smoking Gunnz") Ask the NRA where the "Smoking Gunnz" at?

[Hell Razah:] Yo, I'm where projects is crack mansions
It's been this real, since the Black Panthers
We ain't the Beatles makin' music for you Charles Mansons
I make a whole college campus sing the Mac anthem
'Til America fall, I stand stronger than the Berlin Wall
My software is warfare for the poor to install
And download in your Medulla, who's the lion of Judah?
And send a virus through the wires of the beast's computer
They raidin' our cribs, invasion like Bay of the Pigs
For my hood, we reacted like how Castro did
Modern day Eisenhower - sent the planes to the Towers
While the government blamed it on some nuclear powers
A world, traded their weapons for some U.S. dollars
Take notes, of the quotes, when you buildin' with scholars
I sit back, doin the knowledge, who be sniffin' that powder?
It's white collar, criminology versus Jehovah
[Hook: Hell Razah] If you was lookin' for that "Smoking Gunn"
I would ask Dick Cheney where he get it from? (Yea)
I would ask Smith & Wesson how to make me one (Ask them)
You should smell your own hands for the "Smoking Gunn" (Can you smell it?)

WU TANG tell it how it is !

Peace
edit on 3-3-2011 by Doomzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yes wu tang is an awesome group. they were into some heavy stuff. ive got a book called illuminati facts and fiction. it speaks on the enlightened ones.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I LOVE the wu tang clan, and especially the rza, he makes amazing beats and writes some really cool lyrics. Hes most definitely not a stupid or ignorant dude. But I don't really dig the 5 percenters at all. Most of the stuff they teach to me seems to be a random mish mash of esoteric/occult and new age type ideas. No thank you, not really for me. I am very much into the "occult" & hermeticism (as above, so below) but a lot the 5percenters ideas don't make sense to me and kind of come off as ignorant in some ways. Also the stuff they teach I wouldn't exaclty call "racist", but they can very easily lead to racism/black supremecy ideas (the black man is god stuff...etc) and even though I am black myself I can't stand any form of racism, bigotry or hate. ALL races are children of god/the universe/whatever you wanna call it, we are ALL equal. I do believe that god is within though and there isnt some all seeing judgmental god up in the sky, but I do believe in a "higher power" if that makes sense. I do think they are good for street/ghetto kids though because they get them thinking about knowledge of self and spirituality and away from ignorant bull # like drug dealing, gangbanging and other things that only lead to pain and misery.The rza says in some book he wrote called the Tao of Wu Tang or something that when he was younger he was heavily into 5percenters but not so much anymore or something like that, although he obviously still does embrace some of their ideas. He says he doesn't really "follow" anything, but imo he seems to be heavily into taoism and buddhism.

Peace
edit on 4-3-2011 by jeasahtheseer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
But is it safe to say that maybe 85% of the world has never even heard of the astral plane?
Not at all. Again, turning to wikipedia, 20% of the world population is Muslim, and there's an Islamic belief in "World of Yetzirah" which seems to be an astral plane equivalent. 13% Hindu and 5% Buddhist. Not counting other, smaller or less organized or recognized religions, right there we've got 38%. Add in various pagan, wiccan and other mystery religions, I'd say 40% would be a safe bet. So at most 60% of the population never heard of it? (And that's not counting D&D players...)

ok go test your theory. spend a day asking random people if they know of or about the Astral Plane. I'm certain you will find it far less then the 60%.
You think any of the highschool girls obsessed with looks and such know of the Astral Plane? Think about how many of them are in this coun try alone.
What about kids? They count as people too and I bet they don't know of it.
You can't just pick numbers that fit your belief and go from there.

Not saying the OP's info is 100% correct. but when it is believe all around the world in solme degrees then it has to have some merit and truth.

What does knowledge of the "Astral Plane" even mean? I am familiar with the concept, and I put it in quotes not to question the validity of it, but to make the statement that who's to say that everyone would perceive/interact with such a thing in a universally describable way. Who's to say someone who gets into some type of groove and puts out some truly enlightened piece of art, philosophy, scientific theory,etc. hasn't connected with your very ideal of the Astral Plane, but hasn't ever even conceived of such a thing. Are they any less capable of seeing the world for what it is? I personally don't think so, asking people if they know what the astral plane is is not a worth while poll.

As far as the 5% being bad math, a) it is most likely not a purely literalistic interpretation, b) because someone sees the truth and acts to either support an oppressive elite or subvert it, doesn't necessarily mean they are one of the elite or subversive radicals, it just means supporting one or the other is where their personal beliefs would lie. Saying that 10% of the entire world populous is truly aware of the situations around them I would say is a skeptical analysis rather than it being overly generous. c) Don't try to base these statistics off of people you have personal affiliations with, that is never a good tactic for finding statistical evidence. The people close to you, there is too much of a chance that the data will be skewed because of personal affiliations either attracting like minds or inhibiting an objective analysis of the true goals/beliefs of the other person.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join