It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the proof that politicians aren't working for the people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I want specific examples. more importantly, I want to know what these elected officials did that went against what the people voted for them wanted. Let's leave Bush jr out of this. I want examples of what Clinton did that should make Clinton supporters turn away from him. I want to know what Reagan did that should make Reagan supporters turn away from him. so on and so forth, and this isn't limited to presidents. You can use any elected official. Just bring actual proof that shows that those who supported these elected officials did not get what they wanted from those elected officials.

People keep voting for the same two parties over and over because they still think their party, their guy(s) will represent them/their belliefs. If we have actual evidence where that clearly isn't the case, then perhaps we can get people to start looking for some alternatives.

I don't know much about this and there's no way I'm doing much/any research about it, so that's why I'm asking here. Just off the top of my head though, a quick subject that comes to mind is abortion. all of these primitive thinking religious voters who keep voting for republicans because they're "pro-life" yet the republicans have had at least 20 years with their guys as president to try and overturn abortion, but they can't. So what is the purpose of having abortion as a main political selling point if there's no way that abortion can ever be overturned, let alone stopped. even if by some chance they did overturn it, women would get them illegally in this country, or go to another country and get them legally there.

I'd prefer examples outside of guns and religion, but any help would be appreciated and I know those are big reasons why some people would vote for or against a politician, even though there are much bigger issues we need to be dealing with.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
FISA. Why should telcom and government be allowed to break the law and be giving retroactive immunity for doing so? Americans don't like people spying on them, especially big government. People were against this bill and yet Congress still passed it.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The federal Reserve and the IRS to start. Almost 100 years of lies. There are no statues/regulations requiring the average citizen to pay "Income Tax". 9/11 is a farce and you don't hear a lot of straight talk from the politicians on that. Every congress person can and sometimes does email or mail a newsletter to their constituents. They can counter anything done by the media and don't. The latest Federal Reserve was passed over the Christmas holiday 1912 and wasn't seriously challenged by the congress when it returned. Why? Louis McFadden tried hard to educate and wake up congress to the Federal Reserve and the distribution of wealth. He died for it.
The list goes on...

Here are some links to play with -
video.google.com... - Theft by Deception
video.google.com... -- freedom to fascism
www.youtube.com... -- Arron Russo - Nick Rockefeller
video.google.com...=%20BILL%20STILL%20money%20masters&hl=en&emb=0 -- Bill Stills

video.google.com... -- Zeigeist Addendum

video.google.com...:en-US
fficial&q=lyndon%20larouche%20history%20video&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab =wv#q=A%20True%20History%20of%20the%20United%20States&hl=en&emb=0

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Start here

www.pogo.org...

then come back and we'll talk

FYI, if you are serious abouth this thread you must be naive.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Interesting, but I don't think those will do. I'll try and look into the federal reserve a bit more, but I think that's too complicated to actually explain to most people. Although with our current events maybe people will be more willing to listen to what's been said about the federal reserve even if they don't fully understand it.

As for FISA and wiretapping, that's a minor inconvenience. Not enough people believe big brother is out to get them, and they don't know when big brother is actually listening in, so they don't care about it enough to do anything.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
They don't give a flying #. They are people who are concerned about the electorate every 4(ish) years. They infiltrate every layer of justice when in power, otherwise our legal community would never have allowed us in Iraq. Judging by Mandelson, they get a dodgy mortgage and suddenly they are qualified to deal in Europe. Remember with the whole 'Osborne' thing, Mandelson was at the behest of the Russian Oligarch, but the European Commission said he was ok. That is ok, but the whole European Commission is under investigation for being corrupt, as it has been corrupt for the last thirty plus years, so their support is cool. Mandelson is as bent as the Italians.
But all is ok. Brown wants a global tax cut, so instead of individual countries going for mad debt, we have a whole global world herd, giving away money, borrowed and absurd.
One day Labour will rightfully lose power, and the architects of our Middle Eastern, Labour blood price, Test, will be gone. And forever.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
you want specific examples of politicians not doing what the people want? thats retarded i want an example of any citizen that is happy with the wat the government has done all of us! maybe you are the one person who enjoys being bent over every day!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

Seems like a nice site. so what are we going to talk about?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Heck, with it being Vets Day and all why don't you find out about Gulf War Syndrom, Agent Orange, exposing servicemen to radiation, attacking WWI vets in the thirties.
Our govt has gone far astray from what it was meant to be. Men like Washington and Jefferson served their country. Todays politician are raised to be such. Some might start with noble goals, but when the special interest money hits their hands they become owned men and women.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well I would say look no further than our $10+ Trillion dollar national debt as all the proof one needs.

Thy stopped caring about the people the minute they realized that it would be profitible for them to do so.

I could go on and on but this sufficiently answers your question.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I don't think it does, because I don't think Americans are going to do anything about it. If it sufficiently answered the questions, Americans should be looking for alternatives. If they're sheep, well you better start baaaing at them, because if they can't understand what's going down we're screwed.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The political parties amount to a pair of sitcoms that fight it out for the prime time slot. They dont set the programming. The network does that. It consists of the state department, big money,big business, special interest, entrenched government agencies and billions in lobby money that are behind the scenes making the choices.
Your vote is just to decide what comedy to watch tonight. The network wins no matter what button you push.
Look beyond Bush/Obama.
What is the "Network" up to?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

That's a good way to put it. Now, where/what are the politicians links to the network. preferably the politicians idolized by their respective parties, the Kramer's and Fonzi's of politics if you will.

I prefer keeping zionism and new world order out of the equation here, even though that could be part of the agenda, sort of weakens the legitimacy of the argument in some people's minds. Let's keep it centered around what they are all about, no matter who "they" are, and we know what they're about is money, power, and control.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah, check this, Bretton Woods for all of it's faults took two years to negotiate. Gordon Brown wants it set in a week. Looks like he doesn't anticipate an opposition, nor understand the merit that one brings. He shut out anyone standing as party leader, hence prime minister. Enter. Dictator. But the world won't listen to him, so that's that and Britain will be humiliated. This goes back to the NWO which Brown follows. The NWO is China, what GB follows is an old 'NWO' and GB does not have the money to talk, the wardrobe is bare, browns wants to dare and his debt losses are growing there.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A politicians link to the network is this, play the game and you get air time. Stick to that doo-gooder take care of the constituents attitude and you get nowhere. The politicians that last a while are mostly very wealthy. It gets that way when you play along with the system. They also know that if they leave then somebody else will come along and get the perks so why buck it? Might as well make some cash.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

The Federal Reserve Board is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated upon the American Citizens..Congress - The House and The White House knows that this fraud is what caused the Great Depression and is semding us towards economic disaster again..they are a privately held Baking monopoly thay prints fiart money that we have supplied for then to print .They then sell it back to us at usery rate interest with NOTHING backing that piece of paper but the ink it uaes to become"dollars"..You and I do that it's called COUNTERFITTING..These foreign backed secret society have raped and piliged us since 1913 folks . Get rid if them and put the dollar back on a precious metals standard and we might survive what's coming

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
How about the bankster bailout? There was an unprecedented uprising against it by the people. The calls hit DC like a tsunami at 1000 to 1 against. What happened? Wall street got 750B of our money to start, with no judicial review possible, and a completely open back end, meaning that Goldman-Sachs-Paulson can up the ante as he wishes/ is instructed. If that doesn’t show who our ’representatives’ really serve, nothing will.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You are right.
Get a profile set up.
Jump in the pool.....the waters fine.

new topics

top topics

join