It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet addiction made an official disorder in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
source

Apparently China is likely to become the first country in the world to officially recognise internet addiction as a clinical disease as it battles with the increasing number of people who spend almost of their time in chatrooms, blogging or playing online games.

I wonder how bad it would be without the censorship

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It could be our monitors that put out radiation which is bombarding the frontal lobe area where addiction is located. Over exciting of the frontal lobe maybe?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
That explains a LOT actually. To be honest I have been noticing that problem in myself. When I'm at work and I don't log on to the web first thing in the morning, I get a helluva lot more done. It's like an alcoholic with that first drink!
I have also been married to a man that was addicted to video games and it was EVERY BIT as destructive to our home life as if he had been in the bathroom slamming heroin all the time.
New technology, new addictions.
To me it seems to be just an obvious symptom of a world in the throes of spiritual disease.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbydol
That explains a LOT actually. To be honest I have been noticing that problem in myself. When I'm at work and I don't log on to the web first thing in the morning, I get a helluva lot more done. It's like an alcoholic with that first drink!
I have also been married to a man that was addicted to video games and it was EVERY BIT as destructive to our home life as if he had been in the bathroom slamming heroin all the time.
New technology, new addictions.
To me it seems to be just an obvious symptom of a world in the throes of spiritual disease.

I guess it’s like the kids getting addicted to Playstations and the like. Umm.. may be its like addiction to ATS!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I think it's just as likely they are trying to scare their public out of using the internet and discovering truth.
They've been the global leaders in censoring what their public have access to.

I think this is just another attempt to control the masses through fear and stigma.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Perhaps we’ll eventually see “Internet Anonymous” classes start up. If it was me I would probably have to say ATS done it – lol. Seriously for me its self limiting as I get RSI in my neck. How about you

new topics

top topics

join