It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS petitioned for writ certiorari in Obama citizenship case, Obama to respond by Dec 1

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hawaii's laws & DOH regs, every one of them, are trumped by national security vetting which one assumes was performed at the highest degree of scrutiny WELL BEFORE Obama was briefed the day after the election. If there is any merit to Berg's position, then a whole lot of embrassment will go around which I doubt will happen.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
"The case goes very deep. SCOTUS will decide based on th evidence or lack of it. nothing more. Take a pile of paper and file folders and print it all out before commenting.

DDAY Is Dec 1st!"

Not exactly.This whole case is in SCOTUS on a petition for Writ of Certoarari. That means Berg is asking the Court if it will please take the case. Everyone here is assuming that something earth shattering is scheduled for Dec. 1. Nope. That's merely the date (30 days after docketing the Petition), as confirmed by the Clerk, not any Justice, that a responsive pleading, if the Respondents decide they want to file one, needs to be filed, with 40 copies. Responses to Petitions for Cert are not mandatory . Writs are actually granted in less than 1% of cases where Petitions are filed, usually in cases where there is disagreement between 2 Circuit Courts of Appeal. If Cert is denied, the case is over. If it is granted, then the review is limited to the record in the lower court. No new evidence is allowed. Even if BO wanted to produce a document to SCOTUS, he couldn't.

Anyway this whole thread is not doing anything to advance the one human right which I steadfastly demand; the right to be smarter tomorrow than I am today. Bye, Bye, now.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The Supreme Court has no jurisdiction to overturn an election. The Supreme Court can rule that Obama is not a natural born citizen. That's it. The separation of powers rule then kicks in. It is up to the Electoral College -- the electors from the various states -- who will then vote on the next President. It will be Obama. First, because he is a natural born citizen and this has been proved in the past. Second, because the electors will cast votes for him.

As for why he's moving so quickly....it's because we're in the greatest crisis since the Great Depression, and it's getting worse by the day. That's why.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

The daily kos isn't exaclty a site I'd accept as verifying anything to do with politics. The man wants to be President, and the constitution rules. Not the DNC or a bunch of people afraid of rioting. We have laws for that, and people to handle it. With your attitude we could end up with 50 cent as pres. just to keep from having difficulites with his suporters. Obama's birth certificate is now the property of the people of thje united states. Get over it.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

First, because he is a natural born citizen

What the hell? Where the HELL is the so called EVIDENCE that OBAMA is a "natural born citizen of AMERICA"? Come'on Anonymous, show the members of ATS the "EVIDENCE"...If YOU can NOT then it does mean Obama is NOT.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingAtTheSky

That fear is totally unsubstantiated in this modern day and age. For whichever candidate is even considered by their party to even run in a primary election will have been a long-time American citizen and patriot, whether or not they were born in the U.S. The great thing about this country is that anyone can adopt it as their own. I respectfully disagree with your assertion that some foreigner will be either out of touch with his citizenry in the office of president or that he would impose values of a kind not accustomed to this country. We no long liver in such fragile times.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

That IS wrong. You_have_to_be 'Born In the United States Of America' to run for President. That IS the rule. I am Australian, and I even KNOW that rule.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

That's true. Now if someone will only prove that claim, then we'll be getting somewhere.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Civil war will occur!! and you can thank yourelf for that!! You dont realize how good the world has it right now with Obama!! we have a promise a gift not to be thrown away. And if Mccain was to step in do you believe the Majority of the US and the world are going to put up with that. I dont think so.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
here are 3 good videos regarding obama's certification of live birth document that he posted on his own site:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

i have a hard time believing this is ever going to come out in the mainstream media. i think those in power will find away to keep it relatively quiet. on the flip side, too many people on the internet know about this controversy to let it go now. i dont really care what happens but i hope something interesting comes from this.

anyone know if the supreme court can simply deny taking berg's case?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
AHEM!

The topic of this thread is Obama v Berg and related issues of presidential eligibility.

The topic is not Obama is the anti-christ, Obama is a Muslim, blaming McCain for having a similar issue, etc.

There will be no further off topic posting and no further hostility between members in this thread.

Consequences for T&C violations in this thread are now being enforced with zero leniency.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
As of yet, Obama has still failed to release the Vaulted Copy of his Birth Certificate, which is the action upon which many questions are raised.

HONOLULU -- The state's Department of Health director on Friday released a statement verifying the legitimacy of Sen. Barack Obama birth certificate.
www.kitv.com...

What else is there to prove? How are you going to spin this to your bias intention?

You would think that the GOPs attempt to attach an 'otherness' or quasi-mccarthyism to Obama would stop with its horribly failed attempt this election season.

Ah well, luckily America is filled with people, just like yourself, that encourage ignorance and spread falsehood and doubt.

kitv website does NOT provide the EVIDENCE! It is just based on a somebody who says something. And that person on the website does NOT show any REAL EVIDENCE for Obama's B'C.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Deleted because I don't think I was on the right track. Will have to figure that out. Sorry, I'm in a hurry and not really paying attention to what I'm doing.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by nunya13]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

As stated on at least 7 dofferant pages by many posters in this thread. What has been shown is the 'Live Birth' Certificate. Not the Vault Certificate that tells us the Dr. in attendence or if there was one. The Hospital, date, time and city. Thats the VBC that needs to be produced. All else are facimiles and can, and have been in the past by others, forged!!!

Zindo

Actually what was shown is a Certification of Live Birth. Which is a legitimate form, it just doesn't contain all the info.

The long form should read Certificate of Live Birth.

At least according to this Hawaiian site:

In order to process your application (for Hawaiian Homeland), DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL.

hawaii.gov...

So it appears that the original is the 'Certificate' of Live Birth but Hawaiian. hospitals typical (or always?) give the print out known as the 'Certification' of Live Birth.

Again the one provided by Obama is the 'Certification' of Live Birth. A legitimate form, but it's the shorter print out version.

Here is what FactCheck says concerning this *also note, the image shows 'Certification' and not 'Certificate'*:

The document is a "certification of birth," also known as a short-form birth certificate. The long form is drawn up by the hospital and includes additional information such as birth weight and parents' hometowns. The short form is printed by the state and draws from a database with fewer details. The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department.

FactCheck.org

You can see most of the information you said it doesn't contain in the image of the 'Certification of Live Birth, on FactCheck...

The certificate has all the elements the State Department requires for proving citizenship to obtain a U.S. passport: "your full name, the full name of your parent(s), date and place of birth, sex, date the birth record was filed, and the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records." The names, date and place of birth, and filing date are all evident on the scanned version, and you can see the seal above.

We can assure readers that the certificate does bear a raised seal, and that it's stamped on the back by Hawaii state registrar Alvin T. Onaka

The document we looked at did have a certificate number; it is 151 1961 - 010641. Does this correspond to a specific hospital?

FactCheck

So in a nutshell, it appears Obama's Certification of Live Birth is a completely legitimate and acceptable form of Birth Certificate. However, it appears it is not the long form, Certificate of Live Birth.

So the real question is whether the short form i.e "Certification" contains the adequate info. Apparently it did for FactCheck, and for the Director of Health in Hawaii.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

You can quote all the things you want to arguing long forms and short forms, but it doesn't explain why Obama's grandmother says he was born in Kenya or where the vault copy is.

Those are two questions you cannot answer with your long-winded explanations. I hope the SCOTUS has the sense to actually question him on the evidence, if the evidence presented by Berg is found to be legitimate, of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join