It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are alien ships round?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
all aliens seem to be cruising around in saucer shaped crafts. why is that? its not like they have to worry about friction in space. is it like the cool thing to have? on there planet all the rich kids cruise in round saucers? any thoughts on this?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Because there ain't no square portals-(time and space entrance-exit)...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There might be friction where they come from originally, or as you say, there might not!

1) If Lazar and company are right, wouldn't a circular shape play along with the idea of anti-gravity? By moving around by placing a gravitational field in the direction you are moving wouldn't a sphere or a circle be perfect? ALso bear in mind that circular objects have central points of gravity.

2) Spin, we're talking alien (in more sense than one). Again I'm speculating, perhaps they need to rotate quickly. Perhaps not.

Of course, I prefer to think of aliens as using the 60's cigar craft. Now THAT'S style.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Less drag during flight and likely a better conductor of energy flow. most conductors are cylindrical or round (semi-conductors)...

really I'm just guessing. It sounded pretty good before I typed it LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Anti anti anti..... Anti false gravity, We don't need anti.....

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

You might be correct with your post, Oscitate. Remember the "tests" with the Philadelphia Experiment? Those tests had very bad problems with them. I am sure that there is a somesort of a connection, maybe the materials used for making the Philadelphia Experiment are the same basic type used for UFOs?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
arent there some triangle ones as well? I think Ive even heard of a cube ufo. I dont know, maybe I was day dreaming.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've never thought about this much before. It's a good question. One could also say..."Why is just about everything man makes square? Squared buildings...squared plots of land....squared subdivisions and roadways..etc. It's not all squared but a good portion is.

Maybe circular objects are a sign of higher intelligence? Everything else in the universe becomes semicircular. Look at the sun..planets..moons. All circular. Everything orbits in a semi-circular pattern. OMG there are circles everywhere!!!

haha...what the heck am i saying? Does this make any sense?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
In reply to David (reply is broken)

Yes it does.

It's a good point, much of our architecture derives or is a consequence of our intelligence. The golden rule, fibonacci sequences (including its reoccurence in nature: i.e spirals in galaxies) etc. Perhaps they have found something relevant and stylistic in the choice of a sphere? Who knows!

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Oscitate]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
well if they have atmosphere there then why dont have a pointed nose ship to have less drag i can see a ufo being triangular. hmm what if the circle pods are lust escape pods from a bigger mother ship. and yes cigar shaped ufos do sound cool.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Not as much wasted space with squares.
Easier to deal with as far as measurements?

I lived in a round house for a while. Awful. Furniture doesn't fit.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well if you look at it from a military stand point a round disc shape or even better a sphere craft would be perfect if you could make it stable. With the right propulsion system you would be able to do crazy stuff as far as flight maneuvers. Also you have 360 degree visibility.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I would think because the circle is the most energy efficient shape in the universe... Think about when you blow a bubble, it doesn't turn into a square does it? It turns into a circle or sphere rather...

Yep guessing like the rest of you...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Imagine a ship where every direction is the "front" of the ship. No turning necessary. The same thing could partially work for a triangle craft. There could be other reasons though, maybe multiple true reason. This is just my guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
okay to listen to this guess. the reason it is circular and usually crashes (how many triangular UFOs crashed?) is because they are shot from their home planet. ive been reading too much jules verne.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
For what it's worth, the UFO that I saw was box-shaped. I have a friend who also claims to have seen a box-shaped UFO, and I have relatives who claim to have seen a cigar-shaped one. And what about all the triangle UFO's? That seems to be the current fashion trend among the little green men.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
According to my sources, the company that makes them are sponsored by the Intergalactic Frisbee Corporation.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Forget that. Why are they always lit up for cry'in out loud?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corbin Dalus
Forget that. Why are they always lit up for cry'in out loud?

DMV regulation they have to have red blinking lights.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join