It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else notice Obama's tone today @ 1st Press Conference?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Can someone post a video of him for those that have missed it ?
Thanks , very interested to see .

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jheysoda
I agree. I mean how many of you would look so hot after going through this campaign? Not only that he's coming down from the election and being forced right back up with the presidency. Give the man sometime to recover...he'll be great!reply to post by Frankidealist35

thats a sorry excuse man.. McCain is almost translucent and he still carried on. Old man is close to half his age. He'll be great when he starts making some real change - like not picking the same old banksters and CFR comrades.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Here you go, he apparently got in much trouble and had to apologize for the seance joke about Regan and Nancy.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If you go to the bottom of the utube link you can find the other parts of the Video coverage, sorry I did not notice that the first link I put up was only 1 minute or so...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

Originally posted by whitewave

He's not the fall guy, it's just if he "fails" than other people of color will also fail along with him. The burden is heavy with him. This is what's most of european descents never considered.

How absurd. When "the white guy" failed in this election I didn't fail along with him. How is it that "people of color" will fail if the semi "colored" guy fails?

I thought that since the election was over we could finally get off this ridiculous pointing out of race.

Coming from a long line of fence jumpers myself and living in the cultural and racial melting pot of the world, I couldn't care less what color the man almost is. With 1 white parent and 1 black parent he's just as much white as he is black, no? So, following your logic, both blacks and white will have an excuse to fail if Obama fails?

We'll see how it goes in the first 100 days. One would expect him to be tired right now. Let him get his second wind, get inagurated, appoint his cabinet and we'll see how it goes.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I would say that he's just tired and worn out after all the campaigning... doesn't look like he's getting much sleep these days.

He did handle himself well with the conference,, I would like to know what he was briefed about and by whom?

If it was a national security briefing, then he certainly heard some shaky stuff.. remember, UFO's are classified due to "national security".

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
He is prolly just tired from the National Security Briefing that he was to receieve and since it was the first one-Im sure it was quite long. Remember he had it with the current president. I am sure his standing on the Homeland Security Cmt, security clearance was reasonable-but maybe not high enough for all the other briefings that the NSA, CIA, DIA and there is another one I cant think of the name right now. Plus all the usual agencies and their briefs.

He has a long road between now and when he takes the the Oath. So, I hope he is ready.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'll say none of the above.

By the second day in office or by the second briefing (yes there are weeks of CLASSES, mainly in etiquette.) they tend to know who their real bosses are. Half the information is probably revealed and the elect is given time to digest it.

Obama will be WHITE haired by his second year.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Sorry whitewave, that's not how things really work in real life.
Obama is the first african american president. Why is there a first for african american president? Because he's not (completely) white, it's more apparent than ever that he represents the entire melting pot of america rather than the typical white christian america (that McCain represent).

It'll be much different if he's the 100th african american president, I won't raise this issue at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Thoughts?

I think you should have posted a link to the press conference you're referring to in order to create an informative thread. At least someone else managed to do it for you a few hours later....

I don't know what they told him but something freaked him out. If people don't think he's already had to give speeches tired after months of being on the campaign, well - keep making excuses for the golden child, he's going to need all the excuses he can get.

I'm deeply concerned about his cabinet of pro war extremists most of whom want war with Russia. We're going to need some sort of provocation / terror attack first, however. They're already laying the groundwork and pushing the hints. Those of you 17 to 30 better start preparing for your new military careers.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I think he did great. I may have noticed a slight difference in tone, however, that is to be expected. I agree with many posters on this thread that he has definitely received new intelligence that has concerns him. I would say that this new intelligence/information concerns the state of our economy, the state of Iran's nuclear program, possible terror plots, and his personal security. All of these issues are quite important and probably worse than he previously thought. This being said, I think people should give him time to adjust to the new weight on his shoulders. Once he has gotten used to this new weight, IMO he will be an absolutely excellent president, perhaps one of the best we have seen in several decades.

By the way, here is a link to the entire speech.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
John Paul I threw a five hundred page document out the vatican window. He lived ten more days. 86 percent of Italians still believe he got whacked.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
He probably realised for the first time that he is just a big puppet, and takes his orders from on high. He is just there for public consumption. Leaders in other countries have more power over there repective countries, than obama has over his.

The word is continuity.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hi There,

Just watched the press conference, and as far as I can discern, Obama was simply sober and serious (with a little humour thrown in). Of course, he is privy now to greater intelligence detail, and domestic socio-economic issues. He stated that he is well aware of how bad the situation is, and on this issue, I believe he feels frustrated at not being able to implement his economic plans right away...he has to wait until January 20th, 2009. Remember, he said he wanted to hit the economic problems 'head on', and this declares an eagerness, along with a belief (attending that eagerness) that he can start 'fixing' things for the American people.

However, he will need the aid and co-operation of the American people to achieve the goals he has set for the American economic reform. He will have to make implementations that try to balance short-term and long-term goals, so some decisions may not be popular. Bush has allowed the American fiscal economy to run aground, along with other world leaders in their own respective economies; now and for the foreseeable future, will not be a time for selfish partizanship or self-interest.

He already disagrees with the chaotic, self-agendized failed policies of Bush, who believes that emancipation from poverty should implement itself from the tables of the rich and wealthy as scraps thrown over the head from the plate, and that those trapped in poverty should fight amongst themselves for such scraps...a most abhorrent and pernicious ideology! Any economy built with its strength from the bottom up, rather than from the top down, is the one that provides a more longer-lasting and stable social infrastructure. I believe you are going to see a lot of the Bush policies over-turned, each one in accordance to the fixing of the state, in its appropriate time and measure.

Bush represented disenfranchisement, and a stealing of one's own self-empowering opportunities; Obama will return self-empowerment opportunities, and bring one back to communal franchisement. Yet, let us not forget that there are many out there that do not accept communal co-operation, their mindset is one of self-interest and seek only to 'fat' themselves by promoting the 'dog-eat-dog' world, and they will use every trick in the book to persuade you that Obama's plans are wrong for America...they are not! There is no room at all for a 'f**k you, Jack, I'm alright!' attitude in a country that needs co-operative endeavour to fulfil the repairs to its economy. Such self-interest is the bane and ruin of any society, as the last eight years have shown.

Obama did good, and he will do good, but no doubt, they'll be plenty of argument and debate along the way.

Best wishes

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I watched this and thought he looked tired, very depressed, but he seemed to pick up during.

Of course he would have been made aware of certain things, and that would weigh on his mind. But he must have been expecting this.

And the comments about teleprompters, have you seen Bush, or McCain?
Obama did a fantastic job of answering questions.
So many people can't even write properly, and yet they're so quick to criticize a well educated, talented orator!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
He seemed really upset. Almost to disbelief. He was extremely out of character today from all his other appearances. I know its probable for him to be mourning his grandmother, but is it also too far to think that he heard maybe for the first time- the true nature of the US government and things to come?

Thoughts?...

well...he did go to his first CIA "briefing" on thursday the 6th, coincidence??? hhmmm.... i think not....reality was handed to him in a big bag loaded with OH SH*T information

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for posting the link .

I too noticed the uneasiness in his tone , I also noticed the blond girl behind him in the shot that looked like a nervous wreck .
He was told something that sobered him up thats for sure .

This is not something new however , just have a look at any before and after picture of any president elect and compare it to a picture of them taken after they have been in office for a few months .

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by antar

Thanks for posting the link .

I too noticed the uneasiness in his tone , I also noticed the blond girl behind him in the shot that looked like a nervous wreck .
He was told something that sobered him up thats for sure .

This is not something new however , just have a look at any before and after picture of any president elect and compare it to a picture of them taken after they have been in office for a few months .

hey max...did you see bush when he was talking to his people that worked for him in the white house the other day?...his speech was really slurred and he seemed a bit slow, plus that weird lower jaw side snap was at full throttle. he either had been drinking, or drugged, or had a stroke and nobody knows.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
He seemed really upset. Almost to disbelief. .

Yep. His briefing was probably a wake up call.
He probably strolled in thinking he was king of the world.
Then he got a reality check - that 'THEY' really run things.
He got the first hint of realization that he's just a tool for them.

wonder what the pillow talk with Michelle was that night.
Sorry honey, you aren't queen of the world.
You are just Mrs. Tool de bildeberger.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
his speech was really slurred and he seemed a bit slow, plus that weird lower jaw side snap was at full throttle. he either had been drinking, or drugged, or had a stroke and nobody knows.

It is my belief that he's been drugged. For years. After 9/11 he was getting all emotional all the time. Tears everywhere. Cheney probably has had him drugged for a long time. It's easier to keep him under control that way.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join