It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else notice Obama's tone today @ 1st Press Conference?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
He seemed really upset. Almost to disbelief. He was extremely out of character today from all his other appearances. I know its probable for him to be mourning his grandmother, but is it also too far to think that he heard maybe for the first time- the true nature of the US government and things to come?

Thoughts?...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I thought the same thing. It looked as though he no sleep last night. I guess that security briefing was very sobering.

I think he is up to the task.

If I were him, I'd ask for a few days in the Bahamas first.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I agree, he didn't look as 'smooth' as he did before. He stumbled on a number of occasions. Said 'umm' more than ever before and looked tired or distraught. Maybe he's not so hot when the teleprompter is off... or maybe it's all sinking in?

edit for spelling

[edit on 7-11-2008 by MetatronCubensis]

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well when reality hit him about the true state of our nations economy and all the lies that have been told to suppress that truth anybody will be out of words.

Sorry to say this but Obama is starting to find out how truly things are run in Washington, I guess the sooner he realized that he is not the real power behind the presidential seat the better he will be able to just sit back and enjoy the presidential right.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't think it's about his grandma. I think it's about the economy, especially the high unemployment issue. There might be some problem with his election promise to raise tax for the wealthy and also some dire news from the intelligence briefing.

Oh yeah, he said he doesn't get enough good sleep.

America is definitely in deep deep trouble.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
He did look shaken. They started his top secret security briefs so maybe he heard more than he was ready for. Aliens? Planet X? Loose Nukes? Terrorist threats? Asteroid/Comet impact date? 2012?

Of course it maybe because he is no longer staying at a holiday inn express and sleeping at home instead

Something stressful was on his mind that was not previously.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Xeven]

link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry to say this but Obama is starting to find out how truly things are run in Washington, I guess the sooner he realized that he is not the real power behind the presidential seat the better he will be able to just sit back and enjoy the presidential right.

I actually think he knows exactly who's the real power, the same power that makes him the president. I think he's just a little bit disillusioned, seeing how daunting the task really is, and how he has to help and cooperate with the people he disdains.

link   
reply to post by marg6043

Right. This is probably the most time he's ever spent in Washington, hahahaha

the guy's a ticking time bomb

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
He probably found out his phony birth certificate was rejected.

Obama can't fool all of the people all of the time, but ,in this case, 52% will suffice.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
That or he finally realized that he was put in power to be the fall guy.

Bush brought us to the brink of economic collapse but it will completely fall on Obama's watch. Who will be left holding the bag?

The constitution was ridiculed as "just a g..d..... piece of paper" by Bush but when the NAU goes into place and the constitution is set on fire on the white house lawn, who will be the face on television to explain it all?

I don't think this guy had any clue what he sold his soul for. I wonder if he just got the memo today?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
OBAMA's COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS:
Obama holds assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs; and Veterans' Affairs, and he is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

He was on the Homeland Security Committee. Does anyone know what level of security he would have been privvy too?

It looked like he had ton of bricks on his shoulders.

Maybe the secret service scared him about the real possible threats here.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think that comment he made about not wanting to discuss if he had gotten some sort of sobering information from his security briefing says it all. But, then again, maybe he found out he is not the real "chosen one". Oh, now that's sobering, eh?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

He is also a member of the Trilateral Commission and is tight with Brzezinski. He knew what he was getting into and wouldn't be shocked by the state of the world when he already knew everything.

check out this site- Obambi.wordpress.com

edit for spelling

[edit on 7-11-2008 by seabisquit]

[edit on 7-11-2008 by seabisquit]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
do you guys have a link where i can see his press conference?

Even tho i have not seen the conference i would say he is now in the KNOW and might wish he did not know

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think he handled it quite well.

He just needs some sleep.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
That or he finally realized that he was put in power to be the fall guy.

He's not the fall guy, it's just if he "fails" than other people of color will also fail along with him. The burden is heavy with him. This is what's most of european descents never considered.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Really wouldn't you be extreamly tired after traveling all over the country on the schedule he had to keep.

You better believe he knows exactly what he walked into.

Make all the jokes you want to, "cause I know that not one of you would
ever attempt to become The President Of the United States of America.

'Everybody' has the Answers to what should be done to Run this Country.
Yet,,just what are they doing about it?

Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair.
—George Burns

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Sorry dear that is because he didn't have anyone writhing his speech. He sounded just like the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. "oops you caught me."

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Really wouldn't you be extreamly tired after traveling all over the country on the schedule he had to keep.

You better believe he knows exactly what he walked into.

Make all the jokes you want to, "cause I know that not one of you would
ever attempt to become The President Of the United States of America.

'Everybody' has the Answers to what should be done to Run this Country.
Yet,,just what are they doing about it?

Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair.
—George Burns

Sorry Friend I'm not convinced we the people picked him at all! I have a theory: He is the Scape goat for the # that is about to hit the fan. He is nothing with out his teleprompters.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I agree. I mean how many of you would look so hot after going through this campaign? Not only that he's coming down from the election and being forced right back up with the presidency. Give the man sometime to recover...he'll be great!reply to post by Frankidealist35

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join