It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local wal-mart out of bottled water ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't drink tab water. Although my alternative of buying 2 gallon jugs from wal-mart may not be any better. Anyways...I was out buying my weekly groceries when I went down the water/soda isle. To my astonishment there was no bottle/2 gallon/4gallon water in the isle. So I jokingly asked the employee if there was a water shortage. He responded with "yes", but he wasn't sure if it was cause they forgot to order it.

Now from what I understand Wal-mart made there millions from their automated restock service. It literally revolutionized the consumer market. Basically whenever an item is bought it automatically gets reordered.

Well why wasn't the water reordered? That is a pretty common item. If there system is broken then why wouldn't there be other items missing. As far as I could tell there wasn't anything else missing in great supplies.

Now the Wal-mart here dedicates and entire isle to water. I thought maybe they were reorganizing it. Then when I asked the employee and he said yes there was a shortage I started to wonder.

Anyone else noticing this in there area?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This might be the reason?
www.disclose.tv...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It might have something to do with this.
Essentially when the Walmart brand was tested it had all of the same components found in tap water. IN FACT IT IS TAP WATER , conveniently bottled for you Walmart Shoppers !

www.ewg.org...

No wonder Walmart has always made profits ....bottled tap water...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have noticed the bare water shelves at my local Walmart too. I fortunately have well water at my house, but when we go camping (which is quite often) I take cases of the bottled water for making coffee and such things, in my RV.

I stick with the Poland Springs brand mostly due to the fact that I personally know that water comes directly to our local Nestle (Perrier) Bottling Plant from Poland Springs, ME (My husband used to haul the water from the spring to the plant.) Some of the other brands have been brought to public attention that they are filled by local water plants and most will state on the actual label what the water supply is. Quite a few are bottled straight out of the Los Angelos Water Supply (which isn't bad water in itself BEFORE they add the chemicals; but unfortunately they bottle it after all the chemicals are added.) Most bottling companies run it through an extra carbon filter, then bottle it up.

BTW, most of Los Angelos CA water supply is piped down from the Sierra Nevada Mountain tops. (My dad worked as an engineer to refine their systems).

Just make sure you read the labels before you purchase the water, it is suppose to state what water supply the water came from.

Bottled Water Facts
CNN

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hILB3rT
I don't drink tab water.

TAB started making water? thats awesome!! it will go well with my TAB shirt!

why not use tap water? that is crazy. why pay 2 dollars for a 16oz bottle of water? i will never in my life understand that. i take 16oz coke/sprite/whatev, and fill them with tap water and pop it in your fridge. guess what? it tastes just as good and saves you money

must be nice to have money to "pour down the drain."

but wait you say; OMG they put chemicals in tap water!!! well i hate to break it to you but they have the same crap in bottled "natural spring" water as well....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
here is the SICK PART: people throw these bottles away sometimes not even correctly, and let the plastic fill the worlds landfills, where it takes longer to break down than being eaten by a Sarlacc .

Please for the love of GOD research this

[edit on 7-11-2008 by drsmooth23]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Interesting, i'll have to check there when i go to work tonight.
i have had my 2 days off.. Sadly its where i pay the bills...
But as far as jobs go around here, you cant beat the pay.

Yes, the P.O.S. system orders items as they are being sold, well rather gathers a list to order.
The last day i was working there it was on the shelf.

Could just be a factory back order, that happens from time to time with items, and it takes a while to get more in..
If one area has a rush on it, and sells a lot then it takes a while for the factory/warehouse to stock back up and supply all the stores.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Pick up an undersink Reverse Osmosis filter at Home Depot. about $150 it will save you a ton on water.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I stopped buying 2 litter bottles of anything just because they are plastic and end up in a landfill. I use my own tap water at home and soda comes in aluminum cans now so I can recycle. I never fell for the bottle water scheme, that's all it looked like to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

I could never bring myself to buy a bottle of water, especially one in particular.

Get your Evian water folks..... whats that spell backwards? Naive, cause thats what you are to buy bottled water.. oh well.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing out my misspelling. *note sarcasm*

I actually pay $0.45 for a 2-gallon jug.

Also I drink the bottled water mainly because our water has a heavy iron taste and I don't like it. I don't remember ever saying I don't drink it cause of all the chemicals they put it. I just don't like the taste of it. So thanks for jumping to conclusion but it really isn't needed.

As to the other posters thanks. I'll have to look into the labels more. Which I should be doing anyways.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

you asked why not just drink regular tap water....i don't drink tap water b/c of the fluoride they put in it. i had a water filtration system installed in my home that filters out the fluoride and other chemicals........if you are wondering what's bad about fluoride do some research to what it does to the human brain, specifically the pineal gland.

top topics

join