It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious death of Sigmund Adamski.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
www.book-of-thoth.com...

On the afternoon of Wednesday, 11th June his body was found on a coal tip at Todmorden. There were no footmarks to indicate that anyone had climbed the 12 ft high heap of coal.

Two officers from the Todmorden Force, PC Alan Godfrey and a colleague, arrived at the scene at 4:10 pm. On seeing the burns, they immediately suspected a crime, and the police investigation began. His wallet, watch and shirt were missing and the rest of his clothing was intact.

His body was clean as if he has stepped from a shower. The most unusual aspect of the body's appearance were irregular marks on the back of his head, neck, and shoulders where the skin had been burnt off. The precise cause of the burns – possibly some sort of corrosive agent – was never identified.

The burns were estimated to have been inflicted 2 days before his death. There were traces of greasy substances on the burns, possibly an ointment which had been used to treat the wound. Analysis failed to identify the ointment. He had one day's growth of beard, and he had eaten well, although forensic examination showed that he had not eaten on the day the body was found.

His body had been exposed to the pouring rain for at least a day. Medical examination concluded that death occurred somewhere between 11:15 am and 1:15 pm that day, and the body had been on the coaltip beside the busy railway line for perhaps 3 or 4 hours. His widow believed that he had been kidnapped and tortured. The inquest returned a verdict of death caused by heart failure due to a shock or fright.

The incident was linked to UFOs and orange fireballs which had been seen in the area during the week that Adamski disappeared

www.bbc.co.uk...

Zigmund’s body was lying on top of a pile of coal. He was wearing a suit but his shirt, watch and wallet were missing.
On the back of his head, neck and shoulders were mysterious burns which attracted lots of attention.

James Turnbull, the coroner who dealt with Zigmund’s death, says it’s the biggest mystery of his career.
The coroner was baffled because although Zigmund had been missing for five days, he only had one day’s growth of beard.
He says, "The question of where he was before he died and what led to his death just could not be answered."
James also said a strange ointment that appeared to have been used on Zigmund’s burns could not be identified by forensic scientists.

Exhaustive checks failed to reveal any record of Zigmund having been treated at any hospital during his missing five days.
It was at this point that questions began occurring, regarding the origin of this inexplicable ointment and who applied it to Zigmund.

In the past 20 years there has been many claimed sightings in the Pennine hills around Todmorden. It’s regarded as the Britain’s UFO hotspot. But serious UFO watchers dismiss most of these Pennine sighting as just lights in the sky.

Interestingly,one of the two policeman who discovered the body witnessed a UFO five months later in Todmorden-it was also witnessed by five other (separately located) policemen and P.C. Alan Godfrey was made to re-sign the offical secrets act with an added statement telling him not to talk about the Adamski case or his own sighting ever again.

Policeman Alan Godfrey´s sighting:
www.prufospolicedatabase.co.uk...
www.ufoevidence.org...

In November and December 1980, the eastern side of Britain was experiencing a major UFO sighting wave. There were chases of UFOs by police cars near the coast, a UFO that overflew an oil rig in the North Sea, and the wave culminated in the famous events on the East Anglian coast at Rendlesham Forest. Just a month before these landings beside those NATO air bases, one of the most impressive alien abduction cases took place in the small Penninemill town of Todmorden, West Yorkshire, right in the centre of Britain's most active window area known locally as "UFO Alley".

Police Constable Alan Godfrey was on patrol on the night of 28 November 1980. Just before dawn he drove along Burnley Road on the edge of Todmorden looking for some cows that had been reported missing. They were only found after sun-up, mysteriously relocated in a rain-soaked field without hoofmarks to indicate their passage.

Giving up his nocturnal hunt, Godfrey was about to go back to base to sign off duty when he saw a large mass a few hundred yards ahead. At first, he thought it was a bus coming towards him that took workers to their jobs in town and that he knew passed about 5:00 a.m. But as he approached, he realized that it was something very strange. It was a fuzzy oval that rotated at such speed and hovered so low over the otherwise deserted highway that it was causing the bushes by the side to shake. The police officer stopped, propped onto his windscreen a pad that was in the patrol car to make sketches of any road accidents, and drew the UFO. Then there was a burst of light, and the next thing he knew he was driving his car again, further along Burnley Road, with no sign of the UFO.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm bumping this because I think it deserves more attention. I find this case very interesting and am surprised it has not generated more discussion on ATS.

This is a genuine mystery, and the few explanations which seem to fit the known circumstances have extremely disturbing implications; if his death was indeed connected to the UFOs and lights reported in the area we again have to consider that at least some of their occupants have a very dark agenda.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

In the past 20 years there has been many claimed sightings in the Pennine hills around Todmorden. It’s regarded as the Britain’s UFO hotspot. But serious UFO watchers dismiss most of these Pennine sighting as just lights in the sky.

Anyone else find this paragraph mind boggling bizarre from the BBC writer? So serious UFO watchers (notice they dont mention names, which is like saying 'oh every one knows its, this that and the other' or its 'common knowledge') dismiss most of them as just lights in the sky... isnt that just what UFO's are, lights in the sky? why didnt they say misidentified lights.

Sounds like the BBC article writer just threw in a 'oh heres an interesting story but hey we all know its a load of bunk right!?' disclaimer at the end to discredit the entire story even though the final comment has nothing to do with the actual Zigmund case since the case (besides the officers sighting) never mentions UFO's at all.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
yeah man this is pretty significant the second guy alan whats his name was a bobby. thats a pretty good witness

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Well, this is certainly worthy of a bump. I have never heard of this case before, thanks for sharing Karl.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz
yeah man this is pretty significant the second guy alan whats his name was a bobby. thats a pretty good witness

What is even more significant is that this event occured a mere 5 months before he had his own UFO sighting and possible abduction whilst patrolling in the early hours of the morning searching for missing cows.

Godfrey's UFO encounter has been widely reported and is well known in UFO circles however I can't help but feel that this sinister event is somehow connected to his later abduction; what if during the course of his investigation into Adamski's death he uncovered something he was not supposed to? Perhaps his later abduction was to somehow remove this from his memory (he did report memory loss) to protect a dark secret which someone or something wished to remain covered up.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Man, this takes me back. I had one of those illustrated mystery books as a kid and this was in it. I can remember a b&w image of the coal heap. Reading the summary with older eyes, I'm not as quick to suspect a weird agency at play. There's no image of the burns or Coroner's report online...a shame. I'd like an illustration of the location of the coal pile in relation to train tracks. It seems a clear case of murder with unknown cause of death. That he's missing the only valuables a man would carry then, watch and wallet, indicates motive.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The compound that was found on his body around the area of the marks was never identified. It was described as ointment like..

To the best of knowledge, the coal heap summit was clearly visible from the railway line.

It does beg the question of just why a murderer would risk being clearly seen dumping the body and why on top of a coal pile?

if he died of natural causes, why would you struggle to the top of a pile of coal in your dying seconds?

it is one of those cases where you can't help wondering why more wasn't done in an attempt to offer up a prosaic explanation.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

ITs like 20-30 minutes away from where i live. Next time i drive up ill have to take a look lol

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

ITs like 20-30 minutes away from where i live. Next time i drive up ill have to take a look lol

That'd be great! Not to be too cheeky, but maybe a snapshot as well? It'd look good on the thread

I've been to Toddy in the past year... A59 (?) to Skipton thru Ilkley Moor to Toddy. An ex from Uni was living there.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A book I can recommend is "The Pennine UFO Mystery" by Jenny Randles, it goes into this case and includes some other eye-witness testimony from various other locations across the UK who also saw a similar craft prior to Adamski's abduction and body being found some 3 or 4 days later.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

That'd be great! Not to be too cheeky, but maybe a snapshot as well? It'd look good on the thread

I've been to Toddy in the past year... A59 (?) to Skipton thru Ilkley Moor to Toddy. An ex from Uni was living there.

haha sure its next to the train station right?
[edit on 15-8-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

Dunno! The story describes the pile of coal being next to the tracks. I was thinking of the body being thrown from a train onto the coalpile. If it's one of the few train stations that have living people working there...maybe someone can help? Size of Todmorden...I'm surprised it isn't a local legend

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
For those of you who are interested, this case was covered on the Britain's Closest Encounters TV series. It also features an interview with Alan Godfrey and looks at his later UFO encounter in detail:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Jeez I don't like the way this death is connected to orange lights. Sort of puts me off going trying to communicate with the ufo orbs in the Pennines ever again.

top topics

join