It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brit Hume Tells Families of Dead American Soldiers to "Just get over it"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
FOX NEWS PUNDIT BRIT HUME TELLS FAMILIES OF DEAD AMERICAN SOLDIERS TO "JUST GET OVER IT"

Brit Hume, a conservative news anchor on the right-wing Fox News Channel, continued his staunch support for the Republican Party when he told critics of President Bush--including families of American soldiers killed in his Iraq war--to "just get over it", on the 28 March 2004 edition of Fox News Sunday.

When asked on-air about the criticism Bush had received, from Democrats and families of American soldiers killed in Iraq, concerning jokes about non-existent WMD during a White House event, Mr. Hume unsurprisingly defended Bush, calling his harshly-criticized jokes a "good-natured performance".

Mr. Hume then said of those critical of Bush's WMD jokes, including families of American soldiers killed on the premise that such weapons existed, that "you have to feel like saying to people, 'Just get over it'."

This guy deserves to be bitch-slapped! Heres a link to the whole article:

The story of Brit Hume, the jackass...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
heehee...bitch slap him girl!!

he's my least favorite fox newscaster...the old stiff that he is.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yeah... but then again, there are always people ready to be offended by anything you say. There are always a ready band of "poor me" victims jumping at every opportunity to show how victimized and oppressed they have been. Its part of the national culture.

I can't see what was so offensive about Bush's joke, it didn't denegrate anyone, its was not directed to anyone. I would be inclined to agree with the guy, and even go so far as to suggest they "grow a spine".

To infer from the joke that he was offending American dead, is just an exercise in political crap.

Although I am not a Bush supporter I am more a hater of this emotive twisting of situations to take deliberate offence in any situation possible to advance political agendas more.

Its the domain of people with eggshell personalities.

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I wonder why his child didn't feel like he had anyone to talk to......
To take that step you have to feel hopeless....
Wonder what he was told when he said he had a problem...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

Man, you totally read my mind!

As a veteran that really pisses me off! I bet that candya$$ never served a day in his life! He's just as bad as the rest of these chickenshyte, pansie MOFO's in this administration. And they disrespect the families of dead soldiers..

He'll regret that statement one of these days.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
maybe that is why Fox has a new desk reporter today...some dude with a brit accent.

does anyone know if he is being reprimanded by fox for his comments?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
maybe that is why Fox has a new desk reporter today...some dude with a brit accent.

does anyone know if he is being reprimanded by fox for his comments?

Maybe he's feeling 'under the weather.' I can't imagine they'd replace him. He's one of their top draws.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You know....sometimes I think that people can't possibly be as stupid as they seem, but then things like this happen.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Yeah... but then again, there are always people ready to be offended by anything you say. There are always a ready band of "poor me" victims jumping at every opportunity to show how victimized and oppressed they have been. Its part of the national culture.

I can't see what was so offensive about Bush's joke, it didn't denegrate anyone, its was not directed to anyone. I would be inclined to agree with the guy, and even go so far as to suggest they "grow a spine".

To infer from the joke that he was offending American dead, is just an exercise in political crap.

Although I am not a Bush supporter I am more a hater of this emotive twisting of situations to take deliberate offence in any situation possible to advance political agendas more.

Its the domain of people with eggshell personalities.

I agree....almost completely. We do have toilet tissue skinned PC Police feigning offense at every turn.

Except Here.

Given the fact that he so vehemently argued that a clear & present danger existed because of Saddam's WMD's, and given the fact that he lied all the time leading to thousands of deaths.........a joke about it and him shouldn't even be in the same damn room, much less falling out of his scripted mouth.

AND, Brit Hume is what we call in this country a MediaWhore.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Don't you all love this Republican Hell that some of you voted for?

"Just get over it b/c us repugnants don't really give a damn who died. We're sick and tired of your moaning and groaning. We got us a WAR ON TERRA, DAMMIT!

This has been Faux News speaking for the President."

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

What a no good piece of shyte, sonofabiatch Brit Hume is!! Get over it? Who the F**K does he think he is? He doesn't give a shyte because his children are not the ones dying. If I had the bastid in front of me I would put my foot so far up his a$$ they would have to operate to remove it!! :

[Edited on 30-3-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
First off, Colonel, shut up. Typical Faux News, Repugnants, etc etc" Nothing new under the sun.

EastCoastKid, I too am a vet, and as you invoked the Vet's word is Gold rule, I will, too.

How much of this crap do you think Brit has to hear, huh? You know, we come here and BS politics and what-not whenever we feel like it, but he does it all the time. What, you don't get fed up with your scene at the job on occasion? I know I do. From time to time my sense of humor gets a bit warped and I say or do things a bit askew. Politics is what he does. It's his job.

Sure, soldiers have dies over there, but there is a bigger picture than just finding the chemical/biological weapons there, and I'm not talking about "liberation", either. As far as I'm concerned the Iraqi people's liberation is a side benefit, one which I doubt they have the guts to keep. I'm talking about the terror connection to the Baath party and the weapons they were capable of making. You know as well as I that if we were to pay a surprise visit to a neighbor, we'd find smuggled items. So they weren't found in Iraq. How many several months did they have to move them? Was that part of the terror network, both financially as well as logistically and intel, broken. Yup. Get over it. Gosh darn, get over it. It wasn't in vain. Whether we win, lose or draw, we didn't roll over and wet on ourselves. GET OVER IT!

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Given, some people are all out for pity, but some are actually feeling pain for a loss. I dont think anything anyone can say can make a good enough excuse for what Hume said. I still think he's an ass.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
TC. You really display your ignorance when you try and defend these right-wing turds...

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thanks, Thorfin, that was an enlightening post. I will give your criticism some thought.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
what if someone he was close to died in iraq or by any other surcumstances. i'd like to see how quickly he would get over it.

dick. >;( -)

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by mutehalo]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I agree that it was distastefull what Brit Hume said, but I think it is being partially taken out of context. Do you think he was telling the people who lost loved ones to "Get over" their loss, or get over the (Bush) joke? I belive it was the latter. As much as I hate the Neo-Cons, and there media-whores, I also hate the PC police/ whinning commission.

Brit Hume, like many of the other "BushCo. news men" (Caviudo, O'Riley, Hannity etc.) on Fox News is going to say anything he can to try to deflect and belittle any argument that is Anti-Bush in any way. This should not come as a shock to anyone that actuially watches Fox News.

I'll the same thing here as I say to people that hate rap music, "If you don't like it, don't listen to/watch it.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As another Vet, Ill give my 2 cents to TC.

The search for WMD? Pointless for basis. We have been over there for a year and not a sign of anything credible or legit. And American soldiers continue to die.....for what, pray tell? Liberation and democratisation of a people best lefdt under dark age tyrant rule for thier own benefit?

So, liberation and WMD are not valid issues. American soldiers, thus, die..for what? NOTHING! They arent even given the solace of dying for thier country and its interests.

TC, have u visited the Vietnam Wall in DC? I have. And when i was there, I got past 1/1/2 slabs of names before i actually cried. Thousands of soldiers who died....FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! They didnt even die for thier country! Vietnam fell. Hell, it wouldnt have mattered to America had we let the commies have it anyway! america is no better off post Iraq than we were in Vietnam. Vietnam was 10 years of throwing away promising young soldiers who could have helped contribute th=o the armed forces, whop could have strengthened it. Instead, they were abandioned and left to die by thier own govornment for nothing. Freedom, nope. Domino effect, nope.

Anbd here we have Iraq. Americans die damn near every day. If this was a legit fight, like we actually had to fight for our own benefit and interests, and safety, then those deaths would be acceptable, because the ends brought by those dying for thier country would have brought greater benefits. Like world war 2. All those who died, thier deaths were not in vain. Hitler was destroyed, japan humbled and surrendered, and we havent had a major workd war since then.

But Iraq is another vietnam. A bunch of solkdiers who will die, for nothing, who will not return to benefit thier countries. Thier deatsh will be in vain, because theres nothing justifying thier loss in Iraq. Iraqi Liberation? Sorry, TC, but the Iraqis deserve saddam. Its thier way, thier mentality, thier culture. They do not serserve the American lives being slaughtered every day. There is nothing there that in the long term benefits us, or makes America safer and a better place.

I have no qualms about soldiers dying in the fight, hell, I once was prepared to make that very sacrifice. I do have a problem with the cause however. if the cause is not worth loss, than its another vietnam style waste, death without purpose or long term benefits.

And I shall continue to oppose this miserable operation in Iraq, because it is sensless. better soldiers die destroying saudi Arabia than Iraq.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

He'll regret that statement one of these days.

No he won't, I'm afraid... he'll still be wealthy and powerful years from now

TC, you usually put up good arguments and I usually read them but you really don't have to cover his ass even though he has similar political beliefs to you. Hell if I defended every liberal on this board everytime they said something stupid...

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by PolskieWojsko]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I have no qualms about soldiers dying in the fight, hell, I once was prepared to make that very sacrifice. I do have a problem with the cause however. if the cause is not worth loss, than its another vietnam style waste, death without purpose or long term benefits.

I totally agree with you Skadi, I will be taking the oath this year and I am prepared to die for a true cause, not for some political game played by fat cats.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join