It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIE about Hard Work

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

We must throw off the workers education we have received and reeducate ourselves as to how to run a business instead of working for someone else. How to manage our funds to create more wealth, how to influence the world around us to cause the change we wish to see.

The highest skill which should be taught in elementary school is how to run a business. If our children knew this before they got into High School, things would be a lot different. If they were taught to be leaders instead of followers, adults instead of children, business owners instead of wage earners.

I've also been thinking about this lately. Imagine a time where free markets and business are being taught to our kids at an early age. I wonder how many more successful people there would be in this world. Heck I would have found school a hell of alot more interesting if they would have taught practical applications of our ideas and dreams to bring them in the real world and profit from it. I think you are definitely on to something.

I think it would go along way to build up childrens confidence and self worth. And heck do what your son is doing and make alot of money along the way. Who says what is the right age to start forging your stake in this world anyway.

Thank you for this thread. It could not have come at a more perfect time.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I worked my way up to vice president running a mining operation of a small mining company.

What did it get me in the long run, a autoimmune disease, a heart attack. 5 way bypass surgery, diabetes and fibromyalgia.

I now have to live on disability and am so much happier without all the stress that allmost killed me before i was 55.

And my health is improving.

So you can take your hard work and shove it.

Thank you for adding your own story regarding the Lie of Hard Work.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cool Hand Luke

Glad to be of service!

I find this to be one of the biggest real conspiracies I have ever stumbed on.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

This is great and honest advice, we must also remember to encourage this type of behavior we need government getting-out of the way of the entrepreneurs. We need less regulation and a decrease in taxes to encourage this type of risk taking and reward system in place.

Not only are you doing a great service to yourself, you are also providing jobs, and giving customers what they need. remember, though a component to your success was hard work, even though you claimed you did so for a small time frame, it still hard work, no need to sell short this great and important human trait.

You certainly can't argue that being lazy got you what you have today.

Anyway, good for you!

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Actually when I do put in effort, its motivated by my laziness. I've always been called lazy all my life. Then there was the "If you could only put the same effort into work that you do in your play"

It took a long while before I realized that the best way to get ahead was to find a way to make money off of my play. I'm still very lazy, and I only do things that I call play. It's far from "hard work", it's just doing what I love.

Personally I believe that the harder you work doing something you don't like, the further behind you put yourself on the road to success.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway

This is great and honest advice, we must also remember to encourage this type of behavior we need government getting-out of the way of the entrepreneurs. We need less regulation and a decrease in taxes to encourage this type of risk taking and reward system in place.

Not only are you doing a great service to yourself, you are also providing jobs, and giving customers what they need. remember, though a component to your success was hard work, even though you claimed you did so for a small time frame, it still hard work, no need to sell short this great and important human trait.

You certainly can't argue that being lazy got you what you have today.

Anyway, good for you!

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Gateway]

You are so right about the gov regulation in regards to my thoughts on this.

It wasnt the act of being lazy that got me what I have, but it was the desire to be lazy. I am lazy whenever I can be, and I feel that a worthwhile life would have me being lazy about 80% of the time... as it is I'm only about at 60% now.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
dont' forget that a lot of times it is who you know.

my second line.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
It is clearly evident, that the majority of wealthy people got that way by lying cheating and stealing, not from hard work.
But was the lying cheating and stealing, actually hard work?

Lying, cheating and stealing, is actually hard work.

BUt I thik the OP is trying to tell us the lie about Hard and HONEST Work.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Better is not the owner. Better is not the employor. Better is not the employee.

BETTER is the one who sells his ownership (and with employorship if it is) for royalties only (not a one-time price). Then one such has lots more to do in the leisure array.

I been coined such an individual career "a royalty collection agent".

"I am yet like a squerll which still collects from trees what becomes his supply."--Mabus

Yes, the tree (owner and employor) does all the work with the environment (employee that brings things into for the tree) while I freely collect the nuts (a produced income/produced product in one).

Smooth like butter, huh, is my style rather than being yet an employee, employor, or owner?--Why do those things cause stress and load too much responsibilities (like paper work and legal issues since laws change and the owner must go along into new further B.S. requirments) on one?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I agree completely! But this economy might not be the best time to ask banks for cash startup and reserve. If you do, make sure your business plan is air tight!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join