It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikki & global markets are dumping big time!!! Dow to follow suit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Just one more pleasant thing to think about before retiring to bed. The Nikki at last check was down -708 and all of the global markets are dumping big time. This bodes very bad for our own stocks on the morrow.

Global Stock Ticker

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Dow futures are only down 79 pts right now. For what it is worth.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Dow futures are only down 79 pts right now. For what it is worth.

Only...well thank you for that cheery update.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

By today's standards, -79 is a good day. I mean, the NIKKEI is down 740 so it could be (and probably will be) a lot worse.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

So what ticker tells you that? The one I linked to says -622.

But it hasn't moved for the past five minutes now. Yahoo not soo good.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Retail sales reports, earnings and such release later today. I guess they already have over in the asian markets.

Potential for a rough market day, excellent time to be sitting on some shorts though

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This could be (emphasis on 'could') an overreaction by the Asian markets to Wednesday's Dow falterings. I've noticed the last couple of times the Asian markets have bled we've actually preceeded their drops with a rough day and then immediately followed it with a ho-hum up and down day for either a minimal gain or a couple percentage points drop.

Of course the other possibillity is that we've dropped the paddle and are watching it float amongst the turds towards the rapids.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Just one more pleasant thing to think about before retiring to bed. The Nikki at last check was down -708 and all of the global markets are dumping big time. This bodes very bad for our own stocks on the morrow.

Global Stock Ticker

Everyone needs to dump from time to time to keep the system functional. But when Nikki starts dumping . . . Well, what can I say? See the chart bellow:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I don't think that's the case this time. It was more bad economic news from what I read on several financial sites. Plus I think more bad financial indicators will raise their ugly heads during todays session.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

I don't think that's the case this time. It was more bad economic news from what I read on several financial sites. Plus I think more bad financial indicators will raise their ugly heads during todays session.

I don't now what these Japanese are freaking about. In the global economy, the US President can fix the world. Take a trip on 27 from Takahoma to Kaminaka and you'll see that how the globalization works when you elect the right guy to do the job.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I watch the markets, and to say that we will follow the asian markets might not be true, it was following that trend for awhile but if you notice more recently it looks like they are following the dow, in other words they dropped because the dow dropped yesterday, the Nikkei did not cause this, so it is possible that the dow gains today, but who really knows with all of the false manipulation in the markets now, it would not surprise me if the Federal government behind the scenes is buying securities under some fake fronts or companies.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
excellent free website for all financial indicators

www.marketwatch.com...

play around with the tabs on top and it can provide alot of information...i have it in my favorites and it is a fast site.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The DOW does not always follow world markets.. in fact typically world markets follow American Markets. This Asian Reaction could, and most likely is, a reaction to the DOW's nearly 500 point loss. I wouldn't expect another massive 500 point sell off on the DOW.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
The DOW does not always follow world markets.. in fact typically world markets follow American Markets. This Asian Reaction could, and most likely is, a reaction to the DOW's nearly 500 point loss. I wouldn't expect another massive 500 point sell off on the DOW.

I realize we're still in intraday trading, but is that your final answer, Rock?
Looks like we were both a little too optimistic.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay. I go to bloomberg for futures.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
DOW down 447 at close
time to change underwear

[edit on 6-11-2008 by all2human]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I wouldn't expect another massive 500 point sell off on the DOW.

Rockpuck, stop it! Stop manipulating the market the way you do -- Greek mythology reinvented and realized.

You are not going to fool me, Rockpuck. I saw it all. When DJ lost 499 points during today's session, I glanced out of the window and there it was: The Bird of Perpetual Ascent

flapping its wings, taking off to save your prediction altogether with your foolish prestige and pride of the Prognosticator Supreme -- but by no more than 7 lucky points, for my Stinger SAM terminated your unnatural attempt to manipulate.

Rockpuck, stop it! You must not reach beyond the Basket of Knowledge prepared for Man.

Come on, Rockpuck. Let's stick with the traditional method.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Ah.. Few people expected reports to be as bad as they are.. honestly, it's quite frightening. Tomorrow employment levels are supposed to be released.. many are guessing -200,000 jobs in October .. it may be worse..

But I did NOT expect this big of a drop.

This is the biggest 2 day drop since 1987. Under any normal times, this would be huge news.. but now we are numb to the effects.

Stander. Your a weird man you know that? And that woman is frightening.. I don't like a gal with bigger arms then me.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Stander. Your a weird man you know that? And that woman is frightening.. I don't like a gal with bigger arms then me.

In that case the Hugs of Wisdom shall embrace someone else; someone with a bigger . . .
someone with . . .
What time is it? I'm sleepy.

Anyway . . . Rockpuck, what do you think the Dow would wear tomorrow? I don't think it would be heavily clad. It's getting hot again -- the mercury is dropping.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join