It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that Obama will be President any predictions as to when we will pull out of Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
How long do you think for him to pull us out of Iraq? I'm rooting for the guy and hope he can make some real changes in this country.
namely turn the economy around, and better our relations at home and abroad. the political divisions in this country are just terrible. idealogies are almost always polar opposites and i think he needs to help bring us together.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Oh....I thought I read Kuccinich in the thread title.

Obama's foreign policy plan seems to include a strong presence in the Middle East. As did McCains. So my prediction is at least 8 years for the Middle East. And I guess sooner rather then later for Iraq specifically.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
CNN this morning (in Europe) were interviewing someone who said Obama planned to withdraw troops from Iraq within 16 months. They went on to say they thought it possible to be somewhere near that time frame.

I've also heard, on various interviews, that he plans to step up the military efforts in Afganistan but no idea of timescales or anything regarding that.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
unless the new President fires Z. Brezezinski... one of the main architects of middle east/Eurasia intervention by western forces.

the coalition will remain in all the nations we are presently in ...
and expect to have more troops in more countries as the USA continues to 'spread democracy' and constructing the missile-shield in places like Georgia

[edit on 5-11-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
We'll never completely pull out, Obama himself has said that.

Probably start pulling out by the end of his term tho.

Tough to say what could happen, we just started attacking syria soooo....we might be over there for a very long time.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The simple answer, never.

US troops are going to be in Iraq forever.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I see Iraq like Korea and Germany, stations for the USM. Soliders will pull out but there will allways be a fair amount of USM in Iraq. I could be wrong, but thats the way i see it.

It all comes down to what the NWO want not Obama!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
We've been shifting troops from Iraq to Afghanistan for months now. Other than shifting them from place to place they'll never pull out. We still have troops in Germany and Japan after all this time. They arent ever going to leave.

I imagine about the time Obama decides to go after Pakistan people will stop worrying about Iraq.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I will repeat what St Udio has said. Unless Obama fires Zbigniew Brzezinski he will never pull all troops out of Iraq.

new topics

top topics

join