It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is a cold blooded killer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
What is wrong with God? Why does he have to kill someone just because they dont believe in him? Let me give you a few examples...

1.God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).
"So Gad came to David, and said to him, Thus says Yahweh, Take which you will: either three years of famine; or three months to be consumed before your foes, while the sword of your enemies overtakes you; or else three days the sword of Yahweh, even pestilence in the land, and the angel of Yahweh destroying throughout all the borders of Israel. Now therefore consider what answer I shall return to him who sent me. David said to Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall, I pray, into the hand of Yahweh; for very great are his mercies: and let me not fall into the hand of man. So Yahweh sent a pestilence on Israel; and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men".

2.God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).
"Next we headed for the land of Bashan, where King Og and his army attacked us at Edrei. But the LORD told me, 'Do not be afraid of him, for I have given you victory over Og and his army, giving you his entire land. Treat him just as you treated King Sihon of the Amorites, who ruled in Heshbon.' So the LORD our God handed King Og and all his people over to us, and we killed them all. We conquered all sixty of his towns, the entire Argob region in his kingdom of Bashan. These were all fortified cities with high walls and barred gates. We also took many unwalled villages at the same time. We completely destroyed the kingdom of Bashan, just as we had destroyed King Sihon of Heshbon. We destroyed all the people in every town we conquered – men, women, and children alike. But we kept all the livestock for ourselves and took plunder from all the towns."

3.He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).
"When the people heard the sound of the horns, they shouted as loud as they could. Suddenly, the walls of Jericho collapsed, and the Israelites charged straight into the city from every side and captured it. They completely destroyed everything in it – men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep, donkeys – everything."

4. He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. (Judges 21)
"So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin."

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9.

Satan sounds like a nice guy compared to God...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
no no don't give that post a star. He's not only taking the passages out of context but also he's using some passages that are translated wrong which means he's using a new age bible.

and btw satan has no love in himand therefore hates your guts too death. He would kill you instantly if God allowed him.

And God, this is something you arrogant people always forget, teached pure love in the new testament. What you are doing is taking old testament passages you get from a copy and paste athiest website and taking them completely out of context.

So how does God, btw, the one who placed love in our soul and graces, how does he teach hatred in the OT as you say, and then teach pure love in the NT?

Is God that stupid to blatantly contradict himself? No. But it's because you are taking out of context passages that explain like 2 sentences in the whole book.

Infact God told us to love our enemies in the NT. Before I knew Jesus I hated my enemies including you, but now I don't becuase of HIM, his love, not mine.

and I never used to be Christain. Who the hell teaches to love enemies?
It's because we are not born with the grace to love enemies, but (he) implants it in our souls.

The same God of the OT, yet instead of trying to understand what I'm saying or what he's saying, you blame him and pass judgement on him just like you would condemn us for doing to you.

I'll have more later.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

What is wrong with God? Why does he have to kill someone just because they dont believe in him? Let me give you a few examples...

Your post reminds me of a scene in the last Batman movie with Morgan Freeman talking with a guy who wants to blackmail Batman.

Let me try to understand your premise:

1. God is an indiscriminate and sadistic killer who will kill anyone and everyone- often the MOSTLY INNOCENT- at any time He wishes.
2. I don't like this God at all and I hate Him and what He does.
3. I'm mostly innocent.

I apologize, but this just struck me as being a little funny.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Ancient times had barbaric practices that even the Israelites themselves did to each other at times.

People sacrificing their children, and the creation of false Gods.

God made it clear, then there is only one God, and that through him their is no other salvation. Nation rose against nation, and Israel crushed them under foot showing that God was in control.

But even too, Israel herself was given into the hands of the enemies, when she went astray.

How does one tame an ancient culture of barbarians and those that practice lawlessness? How do you deal with those that would lay in wait for your blood so that they might profit?

How does one deal with a common practice of raiding unwalled and unprotected villages?

Those were oppressive days, and there was many a horrific practice in the land.

The Bible shows, that eventually peace was had in the land during the times of Solomon. In the book of Esther, the Jews themselves were protected by the Persians by any enemy that came against her.

When you say God is a cold blooded killer, perhaps you should know more about the practices of the land which motivated God to take action.

Peace

[edit on 5-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

It is in fact from a "copy and paste atheist site".

This one to be exact.

Word for word.

Not only are your points invalid and ignorant, it also looks like you plagiarized this site without giving them credit.

Oops...

[edit on 5-11-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Not only are your points invalid and ignorant "

uh ok, I didn't make any points yet, that's why I said I'll have more later. It takes time to go over my research so I didn't respond to those passages right away.

and that website I never even looked at, no plagarism, I just know that the athiest use passages out of context or use new age bible translations which have errors.

btw Hifiguy great point.

peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Those remarks were intended towards the OP my friend.

I simply replied to your post in which you made the comment that they were "cut and paste".

The OP is the one who plagiarized that site, not you.

I fully agree with you.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You still FAIL to answer the question here... WHY does God kill innocent people?

Or are you denying that anyone died when God destroyed an entire city with fire?

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
no no don't give that post a star. He's not only taking the passages out of context but also he's using some passages that are translated wrong which means he's using a new age bible.

and btw satan has no love in himand therefore hates your guts too death. He would kill you instantly if God allowed him.

And God, this is something you arrogant people always forget, teached pure love in the new testament. What you are doing is taking old testament passages you get from a copy and paste athiest website and taking them completely out of context.

So how does God, btw, the one who placed love in our soul and graces, how does he teach hatred in the OT as you say, and then teach pure love in the NT?

Is God that stupid to blatantly contradict himself? No. But it's because you are taking out of context passages that explain like 2 sentences in the whole book.

Infact God told us to love our enemies in the NT. Before I knew Jesus I hated my enemies including you, but now I don't becuase of HIM, his love, not mine.

and I never used to be Christain. Who the hell teaches to love enemies?
It's because we are not born with the grace to love enemies, but (he) implants it in our souls.

The same God of the OT, yet instead of trying to understand what I'm saying or what he's saying, you blame him and pass judgement on him just like you would condemn us for doing to you.

I'll have more later.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
You still FAIL to answer the question here... WHY does God kill innocent people?

Understand the practices of the age. Know the wrongs of a people. Understand the long term outcome of an action take by a people.

Make a just move.

Then you will understand:

Your understanding of innocence under God and his understanding are at odds.

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
you still didnt answer the question
what your saying now is that by killing people god is making a "just move"

try and change the subject all you want... the facts remain the same.
the fact of the matter is that God has killed alot of people.

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Understand the practices of the age. Know the wrongs of a people. Understand the long term outcome of an action take by a people.

Make a just move.

Then you will understand:

Your understanding of innocence under God and his understanding are at odds.

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Not super man or whatever that image is, You don't read hearts and God does.

God reads hearts and knows whos evil, who will grow up evil and who hates him.

so you to say they're innocent is a false statement since you don't know.

How do you know those people who were killed wouldn't become mass murderes?

Infact the other tribes that were against Israel back then, their own woman tempted the Israelites to commit sin and tried to lure them in.

so God wiped out their village because they were cesspools of lust and tempted his people because of evil intentions.

God reads hearts and you don't/

peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

you still didnt answer the question
what your saying now is that by killing people god is making a "just move"

try and change the subject all you want... the facts remain the same.
the fact of the matter is that God has killed alot of people.

I am not one to question why God did something, but perhaps I can speculate on the circumstances.

Perhaps to keep mankind from creating a much greater wrong amongst themselves.

It is no different then our military of today. Lethal force is used to stop those that would use lethal force against the innocents.

Today it appears to be common practice to preemptively strike and prevent bad people from doing bad things that could do considerably more damage in the future. Its been seen in the book of Esther in the Bible to protect the Jews from any that would come against her, and it is done today by the United States and Israel.

But who other then God can read the hearts of men to know their plots and ways?

The ways of God are not the ways of man, nor does God seek the approval of mankind.

Peace

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Or are you denying that anyone died when God destroyed an entire city with fire?

who says they were innocent?

if innocents deserve to live, then why are we all destined to die?

its a strawman argument. god doesnt kill innocent people, because noone is innocent. "all have fallen short of the glory of god"

the slavery bit is also strawman since slavery ment something completely different for the isrealites

[edit on 6-11-2008 by miriam0566]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
God doesn't kill people, because there is no such thing silly pants!

there is no such thing as people. There is only God. This is why there is so much confusion, because we think we are something we are not.

Bear with me here, first there is GOD before anything is created right? Before space before concepts before time existence and before things etc etc. So, therefor, everything that is, is really GOD's imagination. Nothing can exist outside of God because God is all there really is. Gods creation being something outside of it self is impossible. If there is nothing to make anything with, everything is obviously made of GOD. God is so ineffable and awesome, that the figures in its daydream (so to speak) are granted free will to believe we are real and free will to make labels and languages do divide and conquer our sense of individuality or ego. Granted the will to humble ourselves to let go of all we think we are or know, and sit in silence until all the mud settles in our feeble little minds, so that unadulterated purity can be experienced and indisputable singular truths may be fathomed.

I think the concept and existence of Jesus and Satan are the same. Teachers of god. One does it with life, one does it with death. The duality of reality. Its your free will to decide if you want to die or if you want to live, using common sense accordingly, one does unto others, and lo and behold, its what jesus would do.

Im not knocking any religion or faith, just pointing out some truisms. Praise GOD!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

After first reading your post, I had written something that I am glad I deleted.

Coming back and reading your post yet again, As a believer in Jesus Christ, what you say has a parallel truth.

Consider we being the body of God. Does the toe tell the hand it cannot live with it? Or the eye to the brain, or the heart to the blood?>

We as one body, need to work as one body. And just as a cancer can be found in any person, so that cancer must be removed.

The surgical hand of God in a manner infinitely more wise then the understanding of man, does that which achieves his will so that as many, we act as one.

Jesus Christ

The words I say are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. 11Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.

Peace

[edit on 7-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

You are absolutely right. I meant no offense my friend, Im down with Christ Jesus too, I just have my own interpretation of what the nature of reality is. In the end, honestly I cant say Im right any more than I can say any other man was right who wrote things down, Im afraid I have to leave it in gods hands and act in love and kindness which was not the nature of my last post. Please forgive me. Sorry for being a butthead.

Now if I may reply in a more sane frame of mind: I think the reason why he kills people to prove points or for any reason, is related to my first post, because God knows its all just him, and I imagine its just like a video game to him and we are the only ones who take offense to it.

Now, this is what I thought before I found that there could possibly be different God's being talked about in the bible. You know the whole alien connection theories. If thats true, Im only down with Jesus's Father who I believe is the ONE and only SOURCE of all.

A reason why I believe the alien connection is due to the nature of Yahweh, killing and not forgiving.
Anyways, im rambling now, sorry again for not being more intelligent with my initial post.

new topics

top topics

join