It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE NO on 8, seems to be winning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Im straight and really do not care, but i do feel its ridiculous for people to be casting their vote, expressing their right, on taking other pepoles rights away........Please let it be NO on 8.

LIVE FROM LA, CA

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
we have the same thing here only it's amendment 2. the way they worded it and had it out there was stating that voting yes on it protected families and children, so naturally people didn't read it, and it got voted yes on, thus killing any chance at people who are not married to make decisions for their life partners

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If the People of California vote no on 8, then the precident for Overt Facism has been set...

This will only be the begining...

If people accept Facistic manuvers because it benifits them, or makes them feel good, later, there will be nothing they can do when the facists go against them.

This is not a simple concept... And i do not expect the media to make it any clearer.

But anyone with an understanding of history can see it as it is...

If you let the nasty thing called Facism arise, it will not go away...

So here we are...
Will the people of California reject Facism, or embrace it... Sadly... it looks like California is just going to goosestep along...

This is how 'The Enemy Within' works... And has thru-out history...

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.

For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear.

--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Roman orator, statesman 42 B.C

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

So your saying, letting people decide for themselves is fascist?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
we have the same thing here only it's amendment 2. the way they worded it and had it out there was stating that voting yes on it protected families and children, so naturally people didn't read it, and it got voted yes on, thus killing any chance at people who are not married to make decisions for their life partners

You in Florida, Finn? I voted against it. Though sadly looking at the polls, it's going on the books.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by StefanO

You know, it would be helpful if you supplied a short description of what Question 8 in California is all about.

You know, for those of us who don't live there.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by StefanO

You know, it would be helpful if you supplied a short description of what Question 8 in California is all about.

You know, for those of us who don't live there.

It is called Proposition Eight, or Prop Eight, and it is a Legislative Amendment which would Declare Marriage to be the Union between a Man and a Woman.

I am glad that so far it is passing. I have no problem with Non-Straight Couples having certain Civil Rights as a Union, but I do not believe that it should be declared as "Marriage".

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I was going to vote no, I mean its not my business if gays
want to marry, but the teachers union donated $1 million to oppose it.

The teachers union does not give money to these things
unless they are expecting a huge return from it.

They are planning all kinds of new
educational programs to teach this sensitive subject
in the public schools, new specialized teachers, more dues
for the union, taxpayers being forced to pay to have their
kids taught about gay marriage even if they oppose it.

A sensitive subject like this should be
taught by parents only, not schools.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Wrong - Vote YES on Prop 8 is winning.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think the poster should have been watching the polls,Yes on prop 8 has been winning all night

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StefanO

no...

In the year 2000, for the FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY, the messaure was put the the ballot, and it was voted for with a LARGE majority.

In 2000, the people of California voted to define marrige as between a man and a woman. With over 60% voting this way.

This past May of 2008, the California Supreme Court changed the definition.

It was an open and overt act of facism.

a handful of powerful people in robes, overturning the legitimate constitutional vote of Millions.

When a single person overrides the legitimate vote of millions....

Thats what i am talking about....

I cannot expect to see the complicit media explain this, in fact, the media is complict in it. Over the past 6 months, all we saw in california is that prop 8 was going down, every media poll said this, and with early results, it looks further from the truth.

This past May, i witnessed the first overt act of Facism being carried out in my state, and not many seemed to notice.

People were more concerned with themselves, and feeling good about them selves, then to observe the means in which it happen.

More concerned about the pleasure then the practice.

How many people know this is how it happen, barely a single person. But I have been saying this since the day the vote of a single person overturned the vote of millions.

Even here, at ATS, where we try to hold ourselves to a higher standard of observation, people did not understand this. People are just more concerened about feeling good about themselves.

It is a horrible and dangerious thing that people would accept fasicm in America because it benifits.

A very good friend of mine is a gay man. And, he was thrilled with the courts decision. But my friend is a logical man, and a man of history. And after i had explained to him the MEANS in which this happen, he understood it.

I sat there and i saw the light go on in his face. I saw his face turn from happiesness to horror in the matter of seconds...

No matter how you feel on the issue of marrige, you have to oppose facism, and you have to call it what it is.

The California Facists who make this happen months ago will go back to work to undermine the people again.

I will leave you with the ruling of the minority of the supreme court on this ruling, written by a lady who IS IN FAVOR of gay marrige, but honored her job as a supreme court judge, and ruled not with her emotions and opinions, but ruled how she was supposed to, by the constitution.

Also dissenting, Justice Carol A. Corrigan wrote that her personal sympathies were with the plaintiffs challenging the bans on same-sex marriage. But Justice Corrigan said the courts should allow the political process to address the question.

“We should allow the significant achievements embodied in the domestic partnership statutes to continue to take root,” she wrote. “If there is to be a new understanding of the meaning of marriage in California, it should develop among the people of our state and find its expression at the ballot box.”

There it is.
There are still honest people in politics, they are just outnumbered and overruled.

This judge put her job and the people of California over her own beliefs. For that, she deserves respect, and i give her it.

At the birth place of Adolf Hitler, there is an inscription in stone, it reads:

"Facism, never again"

I hope i have helped make this more clear... and I will answer ALL questions.

The last thing i will add is this.

In 2000, the measure was voted 61-39 to define marrige as a man and a woman.
Now, in 2008, the measure was voted 52-48

Give it time, the young generation is more moraly bankrupt then the preceding, next time this hits the ballots, it probaly will be made legal.

I am against facsim, not against giving gays the rights that are given to married couples.

[edit on 11/5/2008 by TKainZero]

top topics

join