It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Nuke Scientist: Weekend Quake was a Nuclear Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Iranian Nuke Scientist: Weekend Quake was a Nuclear Test

www.nationalterroralert.com< br />

A weekend 5.0 Richter earthquake in Iran was actually a nuclear bomb test, says an Iranian nuclear scientist claiming to be working on the project.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
"This past Saturday night, southern Iran experienced what was reported as a significant earthquake - a seismic event measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale. Its epicenter was just north of the strategic Straits of Hormuz, which separates Iran from Abu Dhabi and Oman and which is the gateway to the Persian Gulf.
The report quotes an Iranian nuclear scientist who claims to be working in uranium enrichment for the project, and who said that the “quake” was acutally an undergound nuclear bomb test."

I know this is a few days old but I'm not sure if anyone reported on this. This is bad "simply put".

www.nationalterroralert.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
man if this is true they just opened themselves up to get bombed back beyond the stone age. Isreal and the U.S. have been looking for a reason to do itand Iran may have just given them the reason

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
If that was really a nuclear test the satellites would have picked it up and they would already be blown to pieces.
Not necessarily by us but by the Israeli's.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
If that was really a nuclear test the satellites would have picked it up and they would already be blown to pieces.

Not if it was done on a very small scale deep enough under ground.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I personally think the reason why the US or Israel hasn't done anything yet is because of the election. I guarentee after the election, no matter who wins, the doo is going to hit the fan. Bush I guess doesn't want to leave anything to chance. If he'd attack when the report came out who knows what kind of impact that would have in the election. It would definitally swing voters thats for sure.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I have a very hard time believing this. We were all over the Nuke test that North Korea did. It was widely reported. Our current administration has been screaming that Iran wants to make a bomb for a few years now and this would finally be validation for them..... Yet they haven't said a word.

No way would the US turn a blind eye to this.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Hmm if this turned out to be true and I were McCain I'd be all over this story..it could be just the thing he needed to give him a last chance at the election.

I truly hope this is false information; the last thing this country and this world need is a war with Iran to add on the list. I would imagine that with all the political talk of Iran's potentiality towards nuclear weapons, we would have been aware of their ability to make one and test it out already. Iran was supposed to be months away from this capability, it would make us look even worse for not knowing they already had nuclear weapons...and then not knowing about such a test?!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by goldbomb444

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Not if it was done on a very small scale deep enough under ground.

To cause a 5.0 quake is not a very small scale.
The nuclear residue from an atomic explosion would be detected by the satellites that are constantly scanning Iran specifically.
Even if it was done underground the radiation would be detected.
Its how they detect it, its the surge they detect not necessarily the rads.
Iran does not have a nuclear weapon.
There is suspicion South Africa once tested a nuclear weapon in the ocean.
They picked up the seismic event but couldn't pin point nuclear device as a cause because they weren't scanning that area.
Iran is scanned beyond belief......

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think the big crisis for next President that's been hinted at will be Israel attacking Iran. If they did it before the election there would be backlash for looking like they were interfering with the US elections.

This story seems a little too convenient considering the election is tomorrow. Trying to plant the seed in everyones head? Get the brainwashing going early?

This just smells funny. That area is seismically active. They have earthquakes all the time.

USGS

Epicenter

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
theres another thread on this - the epicentre was 28KM`s down - and no one has ever tested that deep before.ever.

and the souce for the OP article (sourse for his news story) is a certain israelie website anyway

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Seismology is not my area of expertise.

However, I believe a nuclear detonation, especially one large enough to cause a reading of 5.0 on the reichter scale, would have demostrated chacteristics quite different from a natural earthquake on the world's siesmographs.

I think it has something to do with something called "P-Waves" ?

At any rate, IF the seismological data even hinted that Iran had successfully set off a nuke, I doubt that world-wide response would have been, and continues to be, so "laid-back".

top topics

join