It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was That? Anyone watching Colbert on 11/3 see the nuclear war 2020 then dead air?!?!?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I saw it too. I thought that it was for a video game. I was highly disturbed. Please see in my signature the link to 11/2 SNL.....some weird stuff is going on.

Maybe its propaganda like the other poster said. It just is weird especially with the Lindsey Williams stuff on you tube.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Cairowoman]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

I saw it in Michigan. Freaked me out too. That's why I googled it.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cairowoman

It's a trailer for Tom Clancy's End Game video game.

Tom Clancy's video games are known to be fairly violent.

Relax.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
FOUND IT!

tom clancy's end war

Here is the trailer!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

It was Command and Conquer 3 new video game commercial

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The game came out yesterday and the plot is kind of interesting. It has Russia managing to turn the EU and the US against each other starting WW3, which Russia then happily steps into help the US by "liberating" eastern Europe.

Its way different than any wargame I have ever played, much more realistic: the commander can only see from his unit's lines of sight, orders are delivered via voice command, and injured units can be taken by Medevac.

What is really funny is the game was made by Ubisoft's Shanghai studio. Not sure if there is any conspiracy in it, but it is entertaining for someone like me with military experience.

[edit on 6/11/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Originally posted by Shystargazer
reply to post by robertnesta

They have used games like this to de-sensatized children and young adults for as long as there has been video games.
It brainwashes them to accept violence.

but it's so cooool though!...
don't you just wanna be a kid again.. or an adult baby pacified by your new pretend-genocide toy?

it's so nifty and awesome!
let's all buy one!

haw haw haw...THAT was great...
so true..so FUNNY!

humanity is insane for glorifying war.

....and you know it.

-

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jesspassinthru

Humanity is just insane period. There are no other species on the planet that does the things we do. Like people stomping on kittens with high heels, moms doing horrible things to their children, people getting sexual pleasure from human waste, and not to mention extreme self mutilation.

The video games are the least of my worries, when it comes to this species' insanity.

[edit on 6/11/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Holy crap!

I'm totally buying that game.....

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oh Please.

I'm sorry, but assumptions that war games are developed for the sole purpose of forwarding some secret agenda is completely absurd. While they do in fact desensitize the population, it is not done for reason of following a clandestine plot.

Game categories include: Fighting, Racing, Strategy, Adventure, Simulation, Sports Puzzle, First Person Shooters, and more. Street Fighter is to fighting as Gran Turismo is to racing. Mario is to adventure as Doom is to first person shooter. Tetris is to puzzle as Command & Conquer is to strategy.

And guess what, human nature is to fascination with Sex, Drugs, and Violence. We do this to ourselves. Pop culture reflects a mass population's liking. We as humans enjoy sex and have a curiosity for destruction (ie: if you've never experienced a hurricane before, and one is in trajectory with your very area. It's human nature to be curious, almost excited to see what it does). The powers that be just exploit the negative in order to manipulate or ruin the population. It's as much our fault just as it is theirs. 50 Cent was living in the ghettos of NYC. Katie Perry was once a normal highschool girl. And Marylin Manson was once a low-self esteem normal teenager. We make them who they are and that is convenient to the powers that be.

That said, it is to no surpirse that war games are so popular. Violence sells. It's not like these game companies set out to conspire an agenda. They develop what sells. If we didn't buy war games there wouldn't be a countless sequels of Call of Duties, Command & Conquers, Rainbow Six's, and the list goes on and on. But we consume these games; we buy them so they'll keep making more.

The pattern is also consistent to their genre. That's why you'll never see an "adventure" or "puzzle" war game. If you were a game developer fond of making strategy games, what better concept for strategy is there rather than war? Maybe building cities (Sim City)? But I can assure you war games sell more than city-building strategy sims. Just as strategy games evolved into running your own hopsitals, zoos, trains, amusement parks, they also evolved into another branch that is war-strategy, command your own armies.

The same can be said about first person shooters which started with Wolfenstein, Doom, and evolved into the countless of war first person shooters we have today. It was discovered that a well-made first person war game shooter could make millions of dollars with Medal of Honor about a decade ago and war games have never looked back. It makes absolute perfect sense that the common and oversaturated "find key, open door" simple first-person-"shooter" evolved into a war sub-genre. It's no conspiracy, no agenda. I agree, it desensitizes the youth, but boy oh boy does it make a living. And as long as they sell, they'll keep em' coming ladies & gentlemen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join