It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Season All But Over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well things will be drawing to an end fairly quickly tommorrow and early wednesday.

Just curious...

How many of you are year round political fans as compared to election season ones?

I am finding it sad the end is near, I do not know what I will do with my time, but as always ill cope.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
possibly once the election is over a fair bit of interest will be lost and only the diehards will stick around to see what barrack does and discuss the aftermath etc ...

you'll probably get a better quality of discussion too.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

AndrewTB, to tell you the truth this is the first time I've taken an interest in a US election. Is it always this hairy? Threats, fear mongering. Is this typical of a US election?
Or is this the worst there has ever been?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat

AndrewTB, to tell you the truth this is the first time I've taken an interest in a US election. Is it always this hairy? Threats, fear mongering. Is this typical of a US election?
Or is this the worst there has ever been?

This is my 2nd election. I somewhat followed 2000 but was too young to really grasp it.

I will say compared to 2004 I think this election has been clean. Fear mongering and threats are a mixed bag.

What I know in terms of history there have been campaigns that are far cleaner and much much dirtier. I do know Andrew Jackson's campaign was supposedly very nasty even in today's terms. So that's some food for thought.

What most people seem to forget though is that shortly after the election its back to square one in congress and in the white house.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I still remember when Bush was running. I never followed it I just "knew" he would win and he did. This time I have taken an interest. I must admit it is quite an eye opening experience. I just pray that no mayhem explodes tomorrow and that tempers will subside.

I should also add that after the election I will continue to keep an eye on news coming from Russia, China, North and South Korea, the Middle East and UK. I am curious to see what transpires. It's been crazy times.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by BindareDundat]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
i dont expect things to calm down anytime soon, i have a feeling there is going to be challenge after challenge, state by state with the loosing side unable to accept defeat in both the community and the political landscapes, i suspect even on here things are about to get get really nasty

dont expect this election to be finalised quickly or painlessly, i hope im wrong but from what ive seen this is one of the most emotionally charged elections ive ever seen come out of the US probably even more so than Bush V's Gore

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
with all the hype by the media I am sure there will be many more topics of debate to come.

To all who i have debated against, I've enjoyed it... Thanks

Look forward to future debates.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I follow politics between the elections as well. After the election i usually take a few weeks off to recover then start back up before the Inauguration in Jan.

One thing i will be glad to see go after tomorrow is those damn ads on t.v. and the constant robo calls on the phone.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I guess I will go back to the GFL threads, hoping for more alien invasions.

I do wonder though if things will go back to normalish. I haven't heard anything about the stock market in the last week or so. I guess this like all things, becomes yesterdays news. In this day and age, even catastrophy has a limit in the short attention spans of the world.

I want it
I want it now
and tomorrow, eh this is boring I want something different

top topics

join