It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting off the grid,how do I succesfully complete this goal and still live a relatively normal life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
For a long time now Ihave toyed with the idea of and have actually implemented some parts of getting 'off the grid'.I now want to no what else i can do to complete this or ways of getting as far off as possible and still living a semi normal life.I believe that just around the corner the proverbial is going to hit the fan and we are all gonna get round up like sheep and enslaved into the system,we are almost there already with the nanny state in the UK and the loss of rights and empowerment of govt agencies in the US.I dont want to be part of this,monitored constantly,told how to live my life,how to think,to have to pay for what nature gives us for free and most importantly if ever a mass cull takes place i dont want to be on a database which decides who is worthy and unworthy to live.So..due to circumstances in my past i have lost most of my credit rating(cheating partner who swindled me out of 50k approx)which helped me in the fact that i wanted to avoid detection due to creditors chasin me,i have given up my credit and debit cards,store cards,bank account and any utility bills or licences i previously had,i then moved out thus takin my name off the electoral roll for that address,i cancelled my contract mobile,i bought a pay as u go which is registered to the previous owner(i no this as i get texts from the phone co and old contacts from the previous guys list),whenever anyone contacts my parents address he automatically tells them im on the isle of wight and we hav no contact and my boss tells ppl ringin my work that i am no longer employed there.i moved into a house share which was private and only paid one lot of council tax for the original occupant,I have since moved in to my new partners parents home and they no not to put me on the electoral roll when the form comes round.up to now i have not been contacted by anyone at yhe previous 2 addresses.I get my wages paid cash,but unfortunately they go threw the books and i pay tax and NI,this seems now to be my only link to the Grid,however they do not have up to date contact details.There is also my passport and birth certificate,all other correspondence,paperwork is destroyed.One other thing is that i was adopted,could i go back to my original surname,and confuse the authorities?What do u think?Have i covered everything,can i do anymore,suggestions and response appreciated.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT MOD AND PUT IN APPROPRIATE TOPIC,DONT NO HOW I ENDED UP IN RELIGIOUS COSPIRACIES,SORRY FOLKS

[edit on 3/11/2008 by dooleysleftleg]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I could give you the answer to your'e question... But one of us would be eliminated!! Not really
Difficult one to answer to somebody you dont really know. What i would do is in terms of a passport maybe seek some eastern european's there adept in this.. Also the gypsy's are ghost's more or less to the goverment, maybe try and get some work with them, get to know them. Then VANISH
These are only suggestions they may not work?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Loose the cell phone!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooleysleftleg
For a long time now Ihave toyed with the idea of and have actually implemented some parts of getting 'off the grid'.I now want to no what else i can do to complete this or ways of getting as far off as possible and still living a semi normal life.

I believe your new lifestyle may serve you well -- but -- in the short term there will be a price to pay in terms of exclusion from some activities. It sounds like you have broken most of the government links except for the bare necessities of citizenship. I would urge you to keep posting your experiences on different boards and learn to network with likeminded people.

In 1930's Germany, people who dropped off the map or stockpiled certain items (like food) were in much better position (relatively speaking) than most after TSHTF.

One other thing. It's much easier to get lost in an area with lower population density. If you can't find decent open land where you are, perhaps you might do better in Canada or another country with similiar culture?

Good luck.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thanks guys,I think you both might be on to something,I like the gypsy idea and the passport idea also.The best thing to do would be to go off to Canada as an example as its quite compact in the UK but being on the edge of the peak district is quite handy!Seems its just the work thing i need to get sorted,cash in hand would be ideal but not possible at my current job so may have to look out for some work wi the travellin community.Would also love to learn to be self sufficient without the need to work,if a large enough number of ppl had the same idea trades,foods grown and items made could be swapped within this set up.Its very liberating being in my position now but also very frightening as i dont conform to most peoples criteria for a normal person and when i tell people i dont have a bank account etc they just think im strange or a loser,it just shows how pre programmed we all are to fit into the governments little stereotypical middle class image.Any more advice on how to alter or gain a new identity on my tax and ni records would be welcomed.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Check these sites out, maybe they will give you some ideas.

External Link

External Link

External Link

Good Luck!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Easy. No sacrifice. No loss. No grid necessary.

Contact Energenx. What you want is the EnergenX Solar Kick. This is a radiant energy solar powered controller.

You can consult with them and you will utilize two, separate battery banks. With the radiant charger/controller you don't need anything near the solar panels that you would normally require. One is charging while you are using the other. The controller automatically switches banks as required.

Battery banks (and thus the batteries) will last three to five times longer with the radiant energy than with any other system. If good care of a good heavy duty battery will last 4-5 years with proper maintenance, then you should enjoy 12-25 years without battery replacement. Think about that just for a second.

The other thing you may or may not be interested in is that this is radiant energy. The identical energy that Tesla abandoned AC energy to study and experiment with, and this is the same energy that enabled many of his "bizarre" feats and results.

With radiant energy, you will get amazing results with only a 400-watt solar panel, but follow the advice of EnergenX.

From your battery banks, you use inverters to convert the DC current to AC. While at any time you can disconnect from the power grid, it my be better to "save" your new self-sustaining process until such time as an emergency occurs. Can you imagine two complete setups where the batteries are "dry" and fresh from manufacture, and only awaiting activation by filling with electrolyte?

The life of such batteries will begin on that day. Think about it. Or, to provide you with one hell of a long-term setup, just buy an extra replacement set of batteries to be set aside until after the 12 to 25 year life of your operating batteries. Now you have 24-50 years!

Any competent electrician can assist in hooking up the switching, and of course, EnergenX has more information than you could possibly ingest.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Easy. No sacrifice. No loss. No grid necessary.

Contact Energenx. What you want is the EnergenX Solar Kick. This is a radiant energy solar powered controller.

You can consult with them and you will utilize two, separate battery banks. With the radiant charger/controller you don't need anything near the solar panels that you would normally require. One is charging while you are using the other. The controller automatically switches banks as required.

Battery banks (and thus the batteries) will last three to five times longer with the radiant energy than with any other system. If good care of a good heavy duty battery will last 4-5 years with proper maintenance, then you should enjoy 12-25 years without battery replacement. Think about that just for a second.

The other thing you may or may not be interested in is that this is radiant energy. The identical energy that Tesla abandoned AC energy to study and experiment with, and this is the same energy that enabled many of his "bizarre" feats and results.

With radiant energy, you will get amazing results with only a 400-watt solar panel, but follow the advice of EnergenX.

From your battery banks, you use inverters to convert the DC current to AC. While at any time you can disconnect from the power grid, it my be better to "save" your new self-sustaining process until such time as an emergency occurs. Can you imagine two complete setups where the batteries are "dry" and fresh from manufacture, and only awaiting activation by filling with electrolyte?

The life of such batteries will begin on that day. Think about it. Or, to provide you with one hell of a long-term setup, just buy an extra replacement set of batteries to be set aside until after the 12 to 25 year life of your operating batteries. Now you have 24-50 years!

Any competent electrician can assist in hooking up the switching, and of course, EnergenX has more information than you could possibly ingest.

I think the poster was thinking more along the lines of pulling a disappearing act (like no trace of him for the gov't, etc to be able to find him), not going off grid like Art Bell and not paying for electricity.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well that opens up a totally different can of worms entirely,ahh he made a real effort as well,all that info,if only he had taken the time out to read my original post! sounds very interesting though and could be quite useful in terms of self suffientcy

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sorry guys. Even after reading, I was still thinking of that "special place" where you have power, but without any power lines showing the way.

With all the conveniences you now enjoy.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
being of the grid is not even close to normal. Not sure why you would want to lead a normal life if you were of the grid... ?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
OP

If you have ever and I mean ever been arrested, wont happen, that is become invisible.

In addition as you have Passport wont happen, same reason as above.

Photographs!

Look into the Face Recognition Software that most of London and soon rest of UK CCTV cameras use.

50-100 uniquely identifiable points, based on angles, length of nose etc are scanned into a database.

Then when you go onto CCTV in areas where this is currently, and soon every council or police operated CCTV in the UK the computer pulls your details.

It is being sold to the people on the Basis that it will allow the Police to spot known criminals and terrorists automatically alerting the CCTV operator who then tells the police etc.

Now innocent or "un interesting" targets are not flashed to the Operator, but the system still knows your there. All they have to do is put your name on the "list" and can follow you all around the UK.

Due the ability and lengths that some criminals go to, such as Burning of their fingerprints with Acid etc, and plastic surgery, they are now updating this system with information once first spotted to computer record your Gait and style of walk, the way you move.

So soon even with a full mask on the system will still know who and whwre you are.

Im sure in any such Orwellian state you and I fear that people with little or no info, or the disapeared ones will cause just as much interest as known criminals, then you will find yourself stopped and searched, and DNA sampled.

Then even if you do not go within CCTV areas...(thinking... where?all is cctv now lol, say highlands of Scotland) they can tell where you have been if not where you are and then see your patterns till they are ready for you to go to a place again.

In the old Germany where there was East and West hundreds of thousands if not millions of people would say get of a train or bus, and a agent would dab, or swab where they had been against their photograph, name as they captured everyone's "SMELL", honestly look it up Stasi and smell. they had hundreds of thousands of Jars with peoples smells in there!

Based on the premise of using it for bloundhound type dogs if they needed to find you!

You definately need more than the Lynx effect to stop that.

In all honesty you have given away too much personally identifiable information in your opening Post, and risked your boss due to tax/national insurance reasons and Health and Safety insurance.

The very fact you posted this question on here leads me to believe that you wont be very successful as you didnt think of that anyway, but you will probably be sophisticated enough to keep the Bailif's at bay.

Even if your approach and knowledge was higher its difficult in the UK if a type of martial law was called, you need to be somewhere else a different country or very very remote on this Island, without getting the local tongues wagging in small communities to.

You might find this thread interesting: Here

Good Luck, learn the ministry of Funny walks, change your smell & gait, get some plastic surgery, wear high heals, burn off your fingerprints and stay away from CCTV :-)

Elf.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
being of the grid is not even close to normal. Not sure why you would want to lead a normal life if you were of the grid... ?

The reason is to be honest that ive still got ties in my life that i dont wish to give up ,ie my girlfriend,my job,my family etc and so to stay socially acceptable, some sort of normality has to be followed, as much as id prefer it otherwise in a different situation.If you took the time out to read the op then you would perhaps better have an understanding of where im comin from instead of basing your post purely on the thread title.Im quite certain that some event or legislation will come to pass soon and the government having our details to the extent that they do today is not a good thing and could be harmful,hence wantin them to no as little as possible and bein as invisible as is humanly possible in this day and age.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dooleysleftleg

you can say goodbye to having the same job and living off the grid. Im guessing that you aren't working under the table for cash.. therefore you are already on the grid so-to-speak for life. There really is no way to get off the grid, unless you fake your death, change your fingerprints and probably much more. Even then, I doubt you could truly escape.

I took the time to read your post, and it still didn't make any sense. Perhaps it was due to your absolute lack (perhaps disdain) for punctuation of any kind, that some of your message got lost in the mess.

Bottom line: once you are in the grid, theres no leaving, unless you fake your death or something else drastic along those lines.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
don't forget that using less energy overall will help you get the most out of a new solar or wind unit
First get yourself a waterless toilet they make really good ones ,Envirolet,is one but there are others
a tankless water heater will save up to 70% of your electric usage
install a grey water system
doing these things will save you big time you can install a piggyback energy system and get grid credits
waterless toilet 2500 Us dollars
tankless waterheater 900 US dollars
grey water system1500 US dollars

piggyback solar or wind 5000 Us dollars

I suggest beginning with the toilet and adding the other features one by one
after you do this you will be saving huge on utilities ,possibly enough to offset as much as half a mortgage payment a month
I'll dig up products and post them as soon as I get more time

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Once your on the grid the only way out would be fake your death, burn off your fingerprints, get plastic surgery etc. Then you would have to go far away from were anyone might somehow reconize you. In theory you could lead a semi normal life but only in some far off remote country. Pick one, live normal in the grid of just live off the grid.

new topics

top topics

join