It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio host called for death to Joe the Plumber.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Seeing crazy backers like this crawl out from the Obama media machine is just great and another tribute to the power of Joe the Plumber. This will only add to the tally of McCain votes. Huffington Post contributor....*SNIP* how typical.

Mod note: Civility and Decorum

[edit on 3-11-2008 by NGC2736]

Where do you come to your faceless conclusions? This is between this man and Joe the Plumber, not a Obama. Obama has NOTHING to do with it. Learn to read, and learn how to comprehend.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Cheers to the two party system (again)
It appears there will be no "unifying force" this year.
No kumbaya, no holding hands.

Stop the infighting, or we're all going to become "Sam the Squeegee guy", working for tips from people who can barely afford to drive their windshields around.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Cheers to the two party system (again)
It appears there will be no "unifying force" this year.
No kumbaya, no holding hands.

Stop the infighting, or we're all going to become "Sam the Squeegee guy", working for tips from people who can barely afford to drive their windshields around.

You are soooo right. Sam the squeegie guy....... That's too funny

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
reply to post by grover

People like Keith Olberman, Chris Mathews, Wolf Blitzer, Rachel Meadow are the ones that spread this kind of hatred. They call themselves journalist.

One time, just one. Any one quote from any of these listed people calling for the death of Joe the Plumber.

I will be more than happy if you can find just one example. Not one from each, just one altogether. Or would it be just as fair for me to say the same of Hannity, O'Reilly, Dennis Miller, Glen Beck, Bill Nojay, Rush Limbagh.....

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The last two pages of this thread prove what I have been saying for some time now, namely that the two party system is just a parlor game, a diversion, from what is really going on behind the scenes.

Is it so tough to just say that it is WRONG to call for ANYONE to be killed, regardless of party, race, creed, gender or national origin?

Instead , people waste their time and ours with senseless bantering about whether political PROXIES have threatened anyone. Even after a MODERATOR tactfully warms them to stop, they continue. Posts like those just bring down the quality of ATS for all of us.

Please stop feeding into this senseless food fight. It is childish.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Aw, what the hell. Wasn't it Michael Reagan who called for the death of somebody sometime last spring? Didn't hurt his career, however much of one he has, I think. No charges were filed in that case I think. But were either of these jocks right to do what they did? I don't think so, but I ain't losing any sleep over it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Private citizen my ass. McCain and Palin have him at their speeches. He's a politician as much as they are. And McCain supporters have been calling for Obama's death for months now.

He is on there because he asked a question and Obama gave an answer that is widely unpoplular. Obama has since then proceded to trash the guy and make fun of him at each little town he has visited since the last debate. The guy asked a simple question and the media jumped all over him and dug up private matters that we should not know about. Why is Obama digging on him at his stump speeches? He is a regular citizen that made him look bad. What will happen if he becomes president and regular citizens critize him? He will have alot more power then.

Also since when has being at a politicians speech on their behalf constitutes them as being a politician? Is Oprah now a politician? She was at a few speeches for Obama. How about Hank Williams Jr? He was at alot of McCains speeches.

As far as the people who said kill Obama at McCains speeches. McCain quickly handled that situation. Also they didn't say it on a radio show that was broadcasted to thousands, maybe millions of people. There are nuts out there on both sides.

The assassination attempt that you brought up was a half ass plan made by half brained idiots. To even fathom the thought that it was plausible that it could have happened like they planned shows me that you just read the headlines and didn't bother with what the plan actually was. If you had read it you would have realized that they had to be border line retarded to even try to attempt it. Hell, they even said that it wouldn't have worked.

Try and move to the center a little and stop spewing out far left liberal half truths. You strike me as one of the people who wouldn't vote Republican just because Bush is a Republican. You don't care who is running on the Democrat side, you will vote for them not matter what.

Try and vote for the man, not the party.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I always knew that the Huffington Post was full of kooks. First they had one of their "Journalists" flip out and stab her "Gay Lover" 222 Times with a Screwdriver, then blow her own head off; and now we have this Fruit cake wishing death upon an Average American who never did ANYTHING but ask a Question of an Official. I heard the tape played on the air, and I knew he sounded like he was "Other Than Straight". He really sounded heated too, like "Joe the Plumber" had personally done something to him.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yes, Joe the plumber is just an innocent pawn. I know because I hear him say he does not want all of this media attention. I heard him tell this to Bill Nojay, Sean Hannity, Mike Huckabee, Dennis Miller, and some no-name morning show in the last 4 days.

Why wont people please stop forcing this man to have his publicist book him for public engagements and media events. He just wants to be left alone and if people would stop forcing him at gunpoint to be in front of a camera and a mic ever hour of his day, this poor man can get on with his life.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Oh my god, so you think KGO is not fair and balanced? Oh for the love of god, the world is ending!!!! Or did someone perhaps miss something?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

oh my god. Give me a break girl. Hey I know...why not apply for a job at the CIA? They might be happy to have you and deploy somewhere in the world where they love to bit dirty two sided liers...hey, America needs you!

Mods: I hate to post this, but my got if you post her rediculous post, how can you refuse mine?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
The assassination attempt that you brought up was a half ass plan made by half brained idiots. To even fathom the thought that it was plausible that it could have happened like they planned shows me that you just read the headlines and ......

But this radio host was presented a well thought out viable plan for his assasination? Or did you just blow your point?

It is ok to plan to kill Obama, if you are stupid, but it is not ok to call for Joe's death if you are on the radio?

I thought they were both wrong but thanks for letting us all know it is ok to plan to kill Obama, as long as your IQ is around 80?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
What is eating you about joe the plumber. Does he really need to die or is this just you I.D. desire to masticate on humanity. I do understand that "Joe the Plumber" is not the compleate citizenship of America. I do no agree that contractors should be the main focus of the earmark spenders.
Its just the nature of the mavericks. I love the fact that every other citizens natrual rights even those who go back to the founding of America
must be dependnt on joe the plumber. Well anyway civic engineering should not be at the hand of Joe. Personally I find that our the US industrial
machine use meth and will ultimatly emmulate the notzie mechine. The main focus of the industrial machine will be to supply for the addiction.
Cheers Joe thanks for being the base model of America!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
journalists have always been bias but ever since the cable news networks took hold it's just gotten out of hand.

I just want news. I don't want someones opinion.

I guess most people don't though. People need to be told what to think. Its evident in the high ratings.

Who cares what the ex-host of A Current Affair or the ex-host of Sportscenter thinks. They act like they are going through the same problems the rest of American is, but they are sleeping fine in thier mansions.

I just don't get it.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thread temporarily closed down till y'all CALM DOWN.

There's a mudslinging forum, but this isn't it. This is "Breaking Political News." Thread will reopen tomorrow morning.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Byrd]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join