It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio host called for death to Joe the Plumber.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
radioequalizer.blogspot.com...

“F__G__D__Joe the G__D__M__F__plumber! I want M__F Joe the plumber dead.”

Karel, also known as Charles Karel Bouley, is an evening and weekend host at KGO radio in San Francisco. This incident occurred during Saturday evening's show.

Based in Los Angeles, Karel is a gay activist who also writes for the Huffington Post website.

Video: www.eyeblast.tv...

So, here we have a person in "the media", who is actually calling for violence upon someone who doesn't agree with Obama. I suppose there is some rationalized reasons why this isn't bad, representative of Obama supporters and not worth of the news cycle.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I thought American's, Brits and white Christians generally were allowed to call for people's death, isn't that what the US is about? What is your problem....it's what your ancestors genocided so many poeple's for, isn't it what puts you above Mulsims and black people? I don't get this post?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Seeing crazy backers like this crawl out from the Obama media machine is just great and another tribute to the power of Joe the Plumber. This will only add to the tally of McCain votes. Huffington Post contributor....*SNIP* how typical.

Mod note: Civility and Decorum

[edit on 3-11-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This guy has just flushed his career down the toilet!

Yes, pun intended.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
*Mod Edit: Ahhh no.

How about keep the attacks on country, and race, out of it huh.

Cheers.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by alien]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Somehow you missed the ones that crawled out from under the McCain "machine"?

Did you drink too much McCain Kool-Aide to notice it? Does your Mcssiah have impunity from scrutiny to you?

You're upset that someone asked for Joe the Plumber to die, but I don't believe I ever saw you post on the threads talking about the people yelling "Death to Obama".

(OMG, did you see the awesome use of buzzwords? I was just like you guys, I wrote like two paragraphs with buzzwords so it looked like I said something with a real opinion, but really I just crapped out of my mouth and didn't say anything at all)

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Surely nobody is defending a remark like this from either side. These kinds of things transcend political lines.

When you have someone making comments like this, it shouldn't matter whether it's from Obama's side or McCain's.

This is out of line and the guy should be fired immediately.

End of story.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
That is so american, violence all the time. Your people are just breed to be violent.

:shk:

List of terrorist attacks this year

Try again.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Absolutely not. The host is obviously an idiot.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

We don't agree often but I fully agree with you on this.

Just because some blowhard who happens to support one candidate or another spouts some vile crap that does not mean he speaks for the candidate or any of his supporters... he speaks for himself.

If you don't understand that then I can't help you... you are beyond help.

Me personally am so throughly sick of the whole Joe the Plumber crap that I could hurl.

And that is my personal opinion and it is not endorsed by Barack Obama or any of his other supporters.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This type of behavior from a "journalist" is truly pathetic. Unfortunately, this behavior is merely a reflection of what we as Americans have deemed acceptable in the media. We are constantly barraged with this type of BS everyday in practically every media outlet. They don't call them "Shock Jocks" for nothing. I am growing tired of this constant "In your face" MTV approach to media entertainment. Enough is enough.

This guy makes Don Imus look like an altar boy and the nation was ready to string poor old Imus up on a tree. This guy should certainly receive his due.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There is only one place for a person like that,and that is behind bars,not the one that serves liquor either,that is the most ignorant thing I've heard,and I hope he is fired

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
These people are not in any way shape or form journalists... Neither Ann Coulter or mush loosebowels or ant of these other blowhards could do real journalism if you held a shotgun to their head...

Hell mush loosebowels got fired on his first day as a football commentator for being a racist moron.

They are nothing more than two bit bloggers with a microphone and some idiot whose agreed to pay them.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

People like Keith Olberman, Chris Mathews, Wolf Blitzer, Rachel Meadow are the ones that spread this kind of hatred. They call themselves journalist.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by SectionEight

Somehow you missed the ones that crawled out from under the McCain "machine"?

Did you drink too much McCain Kool-Aide to notice it? Does your Mcssiah have impunity from scrutiny to you?

You're upset that someone asked for Joe the Plumber to die, but I don't believe I ever saw you post on the threads talking about the people yelling "Death to Obama".

(OMG, did you see the awesome use of buzzwords? I was just like you guys, I wrote like two paragraphs with buzzwords so it looked like I said something with a real opinion, but really I just crapped out of my mouth and didn't say anything at all)

Uh, you're missing the point, Sublime. When those threads went up about the "Death to Obama" comment, how many lefties on here made the comment that you "never heard stuff like this from Democrats"? More than a few people!

Of course, those of us with a brain knew this was bunk, but this story is proof that those ignorant people were wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
reply to post by grover

People like Keith Olberman, Chris Mathews, Wolf Blitzer, Rachel Meadow are the ones that spread this kind of hatred. They call themselves journalist.

When have they called for any one's deaths? Give me one example from each one or this is an outright lie and you know it.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

I said they instill fear and hatred of McCain and Palin. Just like you all accused McCain and Palin of fear mongering, I'm accusing the media and Obama of doing to them. Hence you get radio hosts who think the climate is such that its ok to threaten death on a private citizen, because they disagree with Obama.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Private citizen my ass. McCain and Palin have him at their speeches. He's a politician as much as they are. And McCain supporters have been calling for Obama's death for months now.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal

Private citizen my ass. McCain and Palin have him at their speeches. He's a politician as much as they are. And McCain supporters have been calling for Obama's death for months now.

So, whats your point? That this is acceptable? People have made movies and T-shirts promoting the death of Bush for years now.

I'm just tired of this idea that the democrats and Obama followers are as clean and pure as the wind driven snow.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Movies supporting the death of Bush? prove it. Also, you're saying its horrible because he's a private citizen. But he's not. He's a politician as much as Obama and McCain. And for some reason it's ok to scream "Lynch Obama!" but this is a crime against humanity? Yeah, no partisanship here...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join