It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio host called for death to Joe the Plumber.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Is the best you can do just another (typical) deflection attempt? Are you pathologically unable to just say anyone saying this kind of thing is wrong instead of the pathetically weak "well, the other guy did it, too"?

Come on. Let's try to raise the levels here! Otherwise we're stuck with this kind of electioneering - or worse ...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So "Well the other guy did it first!" Only works with Republicans? And actually the Republicans usually did it first. Like McCain funded Rashid before Obama knew him. Republicans rigged elections, and got caught trying to rig one, that was called Watergate. But ACORN? You're ready to call for Civil War over that. I guess you can only spot it so easily because you can go "Hey, that's exactly what we did!"

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

This probably deserves its own thread, but:

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Man arrested for threat against Obama, but the media fails to report the same guy also threatened to kill Bush. If you look at the affidavit of the incident, it shows that the same guy threatened Bush.

i2.cdn.turner.com...
Image: i193.photobucket.com...

www.powerlineblog.com...

Cafe Press items:

shop.cafepress.com...

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You said Movies. I asked for Movies. Or do you believe Oliver Stone's film has that in it? Also, the same thing you posted said HE DENIED IT.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What are you talking about? I even said I disagree with the radio host, but the attacks against all democrats based off of one person's comments is retarded.

You are not one to criticize anyone in politics, by the way. You carry more bias than most rational men.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

What are you talking about? I even said I disagree with the radio host, but the attacks against all democrats based off of one person's comments is retarded.

You are not one to criticize anyone in politics, by the way. You carry more bias than most rational men.

Go back and read my posts then instead of posting on threads like this.

What I've called for - many times - is a level playing field and denying hypocrisy - for all sides.

I've also criticized Bush for many failures - including IMO the worst one, which is being such a lousy president that he makes an obama win even possible.

So, now who is the more biased????? Show me just one criticism of obama that you've ever posted.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Why should someone criticize something that is liberal? Is liberal bad? Were the LIBERAL women evil for wanting the right to vote? Were the LIBERAL blacks evil for wanting the right to not be dragged to death for using the wrong drinking fountain? Were the LIBERAL Founding Father's evil for wanting to progress from a Monarchy to a Democracy? Was FDR evil for pulling us out of the Great Depression by liberal programs? I know to you liberal things are the devil but hey, I hate human mages on WoW does that mean people who use those sheeping cheating punks evil? No.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
You said Movies. I asked for Movies. Or do you believe Oliver Stone's film has that in it? Also, the same thing you posted said HE DENIED IT.

How could you possibly miss the trailer posted at the very beginning of the post? Its the big screen in the middle with a play button on it....

Here, you want a link to a story from the bastion of truth themselves?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Bush assassinated? New film depicts it
British TV network defends its airing of ‘Death of a President’

LONDON - A British television network plans to broadcast a dramatic, documentary-style film about a fictional assassination of President Bush, the network’s head said Thursday.

The program uses actors and digital manipulation of real footage to show a fictional account of Bush being gunned down after delivering a speech in Chicago, Peter Dale, the head of More4, told a news conference.

As for the guy threatening Bush, that didn't stop ATS from having a huge thread about his threats to Obama. Oh, I suppose you don't beleive he didn't make threats against Obama right?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Once again, the "master" at attempted deflection, but with no substance added to the discussion.

Either respond (accurately) to previous posts, add something new (and relevent), or please don't waste our time.

Now, about people making political death threats, and how wrong that is for people on either side of an issue to do it ...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Documentary style film? You're serious? You have McCain nut jobs screaming death to Barack Obama. You link A BBC, BRITISH! NOT OBAMA, NOT DEMOCRAT, NOT LIBERALS, BUT THE BBC! DOCUMENTARY STYLE film. Wow, partisan blinders on tight.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Whoa....whoa...calm down. Deep breathing....in....out....from the stomach and not the upper chest.

CHILL OUT

Tomorrow, you guys go to the polls. Do it, cast your vote, and wait for the results.

I'm giving friendly advice here, don't get yourselves warned and/or post banned for political rhetoric on the day before the election, after which alot of these issues will fade away.

That would be silly, wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

What is the "documentary style" movie about GamerGal? You're so transparently, purposely obtuse.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Is a DOCUMENTARY on if Bush was shot at. Not plans for shooting him, not SKinheads stealing guns with the plan to assassinate Obama. IT IS THE BBC, BRITISH DOCUMENTARY! Or do you not know that England is not America? "America and England are two countries seperated by a language barrier" Someone important enough to be quoted.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Its not a documentary for the love of..... I don't even know why I bother. You are either deliberately obtuse, or you're really just not good at reading comprehension. The MSNBC article says its a "documentary style" movie. Its not a documentary! Its a movie that pretends to be a documentary that depicts the assassination of Bush.

Now can we get back to the actual topic. The thing you are sooo good at derailing?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It is a Documentary style film by THE BBC! Are you saying England wants Bush assassinated? You are claiming that England's government wants Bush assassinated. I want proof that they want him assassinated. Not a documentary on what could happen if Bush was shot, actual proof. If you don't have real proof that the Prime Minister of England has ordered Bush's assassination then you are just lying and being partisan.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A bonehead comment, but was he really seriously calling for harm to come to this guy, or was it an expression of "OMG I AM SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT JOE THE PLUMBER!"?

Did he even know he was on the air? It didn't sound like it...

Personally I'm kinda sick of hearing about Joe the Plumber myself, and might say something similar, but I don't actually have anything against the guy. I go off the same way when I hear anything on the news about Britney Spearrs, buty I don't hate her either

He's just a guy who asked a question (and got a much more detailed answer than he expected I think)... there's nothing wrong with asking a candidate a question

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I can't believe how viscious you Americans can be toward each other!!! OMG!!!! I have been listening to both the liberal and conservative talk radio shows and from what I have heard it seems the LIBERAL talk radio programs have been the nastiest!! mean, name calling and just plain nasty. Is it beacause the Dems lost the last two elections?? Or are all Liberal voting Americans just like that??? We had an election up here in Canada and there was some name calling but nothing like this. We voted and the Conservative party won again, a minority government yes but you didn't see the response that is being predicted to happen after tuesday. the day after our election, our lawn signs came down and we went about our merry ways with the attitude oh well, we'll try again next time. Please read what I am about to write here- If you cannot learn to get along and get over your political differences you are heading toward a civil war!! Again!! It is almost like your country is completely polarized between the two parties and there is no room for middle ground. I hope and pray that the poop doesn't hit the fan after tomorrow!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
I hope and pray that the poop doesn't hit the fan after tomorrow!!!!

Oh, I'm sorry, you must not have heard about our fine country. This is America, as in the United States of America. Here, we allow murderers to go to prisons that offer three meals a day, full health and dental care and many times those convicted felons can be released even if they were sentenced to life terms.

Here we have corrupt business leaders who are not held accountable for their greed and evil ways. Instead we pass laws that hold the middle class accountable for bailing out these corrupt men and women who then turn around and use the funds to go on lavish vacations while their own employees get pink-slipped.

In America education of our children is the lowest possible priority as teachers are constantly judged by the grades their students receive and the scores their students make on TAKS tests, not whether the students are actually learning anything. Here, we pass laws saying that if students don't turn in their homework, the teacher is not allowed to give the student a zero, and must give the student more time to turn in the work and cannot count off points for it being late (true story, this recently happened in Dallas County ISD).

In America, we have an unnatural love relationship with our motor vehicles - such that many opt to drive huge SUVs that get 10 or 11 miles per gallon and belch out tons of environmentally poisonous toxins. Our motto on cars has, for a long time been, "F**K the Earth, Get Yours!"

In this country we encourage smart men and women to become soulless defense attorneys who will twist facts and sentences to get people they know whom are guilty off the hook so they can make an extra buck and gain reputation. The more scumbags we can get off, the higher our reputation becomes and more we are revered by our fellow Americans.

Here, we judge each other not by how we treat our families and friends, but by how much crap we own. The finest people in America obviously have the biggest, best and newer things that our markets have to offer.

In America we encourage people to eat badly from the time they are children, and then tell them not to worry, as there are the wonders of plastic surgery and gastric bypass to help them lose that weight almost overnight. Go ahead and super-size those fries! You can drop the weight later!

We also encourage our citizens to always, always borrow much more than they can pay back so people live beyond their means. It's okay, because we have prominent lawyers who will help you declare bankruptcy to get out of paying off those debts! Go ahead and run up those credit cards!

Dude ...

You wonder why this country is so screwed up? We've been that way for a long, long time.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The same crap goes on in my Country too. It is no excuse for the kind of treatment I have been hearing towards each other. Yes you live in America and It is a fine country. There are alot worse places to live, so you should be thankful for what you got. It is alittle screwed up but it's alot better than you think........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join