It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On-site fingerprints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

On-site fingerprints

www.news.com.au

CRIME suspects and hoons could be fingerprinted at major sporting events under a police plan.

And this would include the Grand Prix, Australian Open and football matches.

Portable fingerprint scanning devices would be used at major events, concerts, disaster scenes and in booze buses to enable on-the-spot identification of people from a national database.

The machines use state-of-the-art technology to transmit fingerprints to the National Automated Fingerprint Identification System for identification - a process that takes less than 10 minutes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Does this system or type of system, already exist in any other country other than Australia, that some of you members are from?

I guess its one step closer to a Big Brother type scenario.

So, a good thing or a bad thing? Catching REAL criminals is always a good thing of coarse. But for some reason as they say in the article "It makes the lengthy ink-printing method almost redundant." so does that mean if your our and about and for whatever reason the police believe you need to be printed, say your protesting against some Govt injustice, then WHAM! your now on some National Database for life? Without charge, without interview process?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Next up:

Retinal Eye scanners developed to identify Thought Crimes?

A U.S. Department of Truth

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well at least we won't have to "present our papers" at checkpoints

Looks like fascism is moving up in the world.
I don't feel like a slave enough yet, wheres my RFID chip?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
So I take it nj2day your in the U.S ?

They dont have this type of system set up? I'm wondering if this is a trial for other countries after its been successful here is Aus.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Yes, I am in the U.S.

They do not have anything like this set up for the general public yet...

When I was stationed in Korea, we did get a new system in that worked kind of similarly. The military has a system that can identify a service member by a thumb print on a machine, and pull up their picture, and information and everything on a computer screen...

Sometimes we had to use them randomly at the gate as an added "Random anti-terrorisim measure". The idea being if you checked, say every 8 person that came in against this system, you might catch someone entering the base illegally...

It was a pretty high tech system when I was using it (back in 2000).

Other than that, they don't have anything of the sorts here.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Awesome thread dude.
Here
is a thread you'll want to check out.
Let me know what you think.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
... what will constitute being a 'suspect' at a sporting event or concert in order for the police to fingerprint someone? and if used at these events, would certain teams/matches be targeted? this could also apply to concerts too, certain genres bieng flagged as having potential troublemakers..
...will football players also be fingerprinted at football matches..?

..some of those players aren't exactly law abiding citizens...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Actually, this kind of thing has been going on in the United States for a few years now. Not with fingerprints, but with face scanners.

www.wired.com...

"Call It Super Bowl Face Scan I
Declan McCullagh Email 02.02.01

WASHINGTON -- When tens of thousands of football fans packed into a Florida stadium for Super Bowl XXXV, they weren't merely watching the game: They were also being watched.

Face-recognition software surreptitiously scanned everyone passing through turnstiles and flashed probable matches with the mugs of known criminals on the screens of a police control room."

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What's the go with so many so-called "free" countries implementing all these draconian plans? First there was the whole nation id card debarcle, then the attempt to implement a national id database, the decision to tell us what we can and can't see on the net, and now fingerprinting "hoons" (nice loose definition there. Plenty of room for interpretation) when we go to enjoy a sports game, concert etc?

As if it isn't bad enough that I get recorded by 20 seperate cc cameras in my 500m walk to the nearest train station. Most of these "in the name of public safety" plans thankfully have been nipped in the bud, but is this the future of humanity? It seems the US, UK & Aust have decided to go back to the good ole Feudal days. An elite group controlling the peons, what we can see, who we can speak to, what we're allowed to think...

top topics

join