It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Portals Connect Sun And Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Magnetic Portals Connect Sun And Earth

www.sciencedaily.com

During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles may flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page.

Approximately every eight minutes, the two fields briefly merge or "reconnect," forming a portal through which particles can flow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
A very interesting story and its incredible to think that there are connections that allow particles to flow the immense distance between the Earth and Sun. Furthermore these magnetic portals can be pictured as cylinders the size of the Earth.

Why does it occur every 8 minutes ? It just shows how strange nature is and highlights that there are still many things we do not know.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What is also strange is why is 8 the number of the sun, lol

Not sure if true, but interesting.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
hmmm well it takes a photon 8 minutes to travel from the sun to the earth... maybe that has something to do with it

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Amazing, thats cool.
Yeah the amount of time it takes photons to reach us came to my mind too.
Maybe Plasma Cosmology could explain this.Of course the standard model could too.
Interseting.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
hmmm well it takes a photon 8 minutes to travel from the sun to the earth... maybe that has something to do with it

Seems plausible but why would this magnetic portal connect between the Earth and the Sun every eight minutes?

We are taking about a magnetic portal opening between the Earth's surface and the Sun every eight minutes not the travel time of photons.

Earth's magnetic field presses against the sun's magnetic field. Approximately every eight minutes, the two fields briefly merge or "reconnect," forming a portal through which particles can flow.

Travel time of a photon from the Sun and Earth is about 8.33 minutes, so maybe there is a link. It does not state the exact time between one portal opening and the next. If its the same then there must be a link.

[edit on 1/11/2008 by bloodsearch]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
perhaps its acting like a capacitor and it requires a certain amount of charged particles to open this portals... and for some reason it requires the 8 minutes worth of particles coming from the sun to open it... it would possibly have something to do with the distance...

but anyway i had another thought, tests have shown the the earths magnetic field is weakening so perhaps this weakening could be causing an increase in the rate at which these portals are opening and letting in more charged particles... possibly contributing to the'global warming' phenomenon...

anything is possible

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Seems to lend some credence, or at least indicates merit to the 'Electric Universe" theory.

Great find!

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Great find OP
S+F from me.

I need to dig a bit in my info somewhere, I read a scientific paper a few years ago that postulated, a similar relationship between the Galactic Centre and the Sun.

Maybe this is the completion of the same process ending on earth, and I dare say all the planets within the solar system in a similar way.

Also of alternative interest on these scientific findings you have provided I posted a thread here:Huge 8 Crop Circle Appears 08/08/08

Here is a picture of it, in that thread I mentioned, and researchers on other sites too, discuss the similarity to a picture of the force lines within magnetism, and maybe even representing the solar system too.

No 8 eh....

will dig out the other information when can.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
From the article "It's called a flux transfer event or 'FTE',".
It could also be called an electrical transfer event, a particle flux, a stream of charged particles is what NASA uses in place of electricity.
Of course they acknowledge electricity in space they just claim it doesn't do anything significant. What a joke!!!!

The flux tubes or or flux ropes are in actual fact Birkeland Currents, the fact that they refuse to acknowledge Birkeland is very telling of the state of space exploration. It took them over 70 years to acknowledge Birkelands auroral theory even though the science was solid way back then, over a hundred years ago.

This discovery was announced almost a year ago. Needs more attention though.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
you guys ever wondered why they call them "star gates"?? well, the sun is a star...

and as for the 8 minutes, i thought it made sense because it takes 8 - 8.5 minutes for the sun's light to reach the earth.

i would think that this thing "opens" every 8 minutes because if you'd imagine a bucket of water, and you drop a rock in it and watch the wave rings (ripples) bounce back and forth between the center and the walls, and imagine it taking 8 minutes for the wave to reach the wall of the bucket and back, then it might explain the same equilibrium found throughout the rest of nature, even in space. just an idea, though...

i've heard that if you were to make those ripples bounce back and forth harmonically between the wall and the center of the bucket at a rate in which the waves meet each other perfectly, so as they appear static and perfectly still, then you'll discover how the planets stay in orbit... basically if you create a certain wave pattern in the water in the bucket, then you'll see the waves wanting to bounce towards the walls and away from the walls at the same rate, so the waves start to appear as if they're not moving, yet the frequency is holding them in place, or in "orbit"...

hope that helps!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
They are talking about particles, but nowhere in the article does it say photons, so it could be electrons, protons and neutrons etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Based on some of the threads around here recently, I wouldn't be suprised if scientist somehow bungled their way into discovering a transport system for souls. Sounds farfetched, but I now believe that anything is possible. Could there be a more glaring example of eternal fire and brimstone than the sun?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Nah except that the sun isnt eternal. One day it will become a red giant and then ultimately a black hole....no more fire and brimstone. If we take eternal in the literal sense anyway......

Originally posted by ORIPEIA
Based on some of the threads around here recently, I wouldn't be suprised if scientist somehow bungled their way into discovering a transport system for souls. Sounds farfetched, but I now believe that anything is possible. Could there be a more glaring example of eternal fire and brimstone than the sun?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
maybe this will help us understand what is going on

can we find a way to "ride" the portals? if so then we can fling our trash into the sun, or pedophiles, or lindsay lohan.

id be just fine without all that crap.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

can we find a way to "ride" the portals? if so then we can fling our trash into the sun, or pedophiles, or lindsay lohan.

LOL! A great use for the portals... Just as nature intended!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

Haha LoL I can see how that would be useful

On a serious note though, if we were accurately able to monitor the formation of these Filaments and predict their formation then we could use the increased energy that must travel through the portals in charged particles as an energy source.

Brings a whole new meaning to the term solar energy.

For all those that are sceptical about this, it is very possible. The random nature of field dynamics is quite a field to research but simply put there are sympathetic resonances when two random systems converge.

It is the primary principle of chaos theory... Chaos into order and order into chaos...

It is the way of nature.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

Cool idea, can imagine this could be used as a potential energy source but the one major problem is devising a suitable method to do this effectively. The portals occur in different places on the Earth at different times of the year, but would it not have the same effect as placing a device outside of our magnetic field in space to harness this ?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Our sun does not have enough mass to ever become a black hole. After the red giant phase it will eject what is left of its outer layers and the core will be a white dwarf.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodsearch
reply to post by Neon Haze

Cool idea, can imagine this could be used as a potential energy source but the one major problem is devising a suitable method to do this effectively. The portals occur in different places on the Earth at different times of the year, but would it not have the same effect as placing a device outside of our magnetic field in space to harness this ?

Yes the difficulty would be interception monitoring and the logistics of such an endeavour.

Sometimes when you look a the math you might be dealing with huge numbers but if the equation balances out you still end up at zero

Actually this would be very different to simply capturing charged particles from the solar wind just out of the magnetosphere.

If I understand the physics right, it suggests that the filament would act as a gigantic particle accelerator there for the energy released at the earth side portal could be many hundreds of teravolts.

In fact this could make the LHC look like a tonker toy...

It may also put many minds at rest that believe the LHC would create some exotic matter that would destroy the world... since collations many times more energetic are occurring 180 times a day

Anyway,

Power to the People!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

top topics

<<   2 >>

join