It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious military site in Ontario-please identify

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Over the last few years I have driven by this location and have noticed a subtle but obvious build up and concealment program.

The entire site has double 12 foot high fencing seperated by about 12 feet and the inside fence is draped in dark green camouflage from the ground until about 2 feet from the top. There is razor wire atop both fences.

At the norrtheast section of the site there is an entrance for vehicles. It is guarded buy a 10 foot hill along Dwyer Hill Road. Immediately at the entrance off Dwyer Hill there is a light pole with a camera and again about 200 feet along the road there is another camera on a light pole. THere is no attempt to diguise the cameras. Once in the parking area there is a "guard shack" and some offices. Most recently, I noticed 3 black vans and 3 black SUV's with all windows tinted. They had civilian plates but I've seen the same type of vehicles in and around town with military plates. There are signs for a contractor entrance. There are some civlilian cars and trucks

I seldom see any activity but today I saw camo dudes through one of the entrances. The only things that you can see is the perimeter, the tops of buildings and the northwest area I mentioned earlier.

Across Franktown Rd (south of the site) there appears to be long term housing for maybe 12 people/families. It's the U shaped structure.

Does anybody have an idea what this could be ?

The most intruiging thing to me is the view from above in google maps of the rows on the interior. Could it be some sort of range?

Like I said eariler, there has been a build up recently and the concealment program with the camo fences has been recent so it has me wondering what they are trying to hide !!

google map link

edit to add image notes

[edit on 1-11-2008 by venividivici]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Can you name the town or city nearest?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

Sure.

Carp would be northwest aong Dwyer Hill Rd about 5 K
Carleton Place about 10K to the west
Richmond about 5 K down Franktown Rd to the East

Carp, you might remember is the infamous site of the Guardian UFO hoax !!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's a base for special forces, Joint Task Force 2.

Here's a link with some info.

Military News For Canadians

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This site is known as the "Dwyer Hill Training Centre, Joint Task Force 2"

run by the Canadian military.

www.jtf2.forces.gc.ca...

ahhh, ya beat me to it.

edited for being slow and going to the fridge for a beer.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by wrathchild]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Thanks wrathchild & Niall197.

That explains why I have a MIB truck on my street right now

Neighbours of the site complain about loud explosions and choppers

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Just so you know JSTF2 soldiers are the elites of canadian military.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

Yeah but YOU posted a better link

(I had to jump in the bath haha)

I've never heard of this special forces unit before. Interesting reading.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Anecdotally I have heard that they are running out of space and plan to move to a larger base. There are military police at that base as well. It is close to Ottawa. Forget where they were planning to move though.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine7

The article a few posts back mentions the site is too small but TPTB don't seem to think so.

milnewstbay.pbwiki.com...

It is several K southwest of downtown Ottawa in a rural setting. My guess is they will move it to the Petawawa base. There is a lot of space up there.

I don't live too far from the Joint Task Force 2 special forces base on Dwyer Hill Road but I have never heard any choppers or explosions. It looks like a small constricted area. Anybody have an idea what the parallel things could be. What kind of training apparatus would that be?

[edit on 1-11-2008 by venividivici]

new topics

top topics

join