It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban's New Super-Bombs Threaten U.S. Troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Taliban's New Super-Bombs Threaten U.S. Troops

www.usnews.com

GHAZNI, Afghanistan—Throughout Afghanistan, roadside bombs are increasing not only in number but also in size, with devastating consequences for U.S. troops and beleaguered Afghan truck drivers alike.

Culverts that run under the road to help drain and irrigate surrounding fields in the rural country now regularly conceal these powerful improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, with increasingly large charges. Roadside bombs that once weighed 10 to 20 pounds have morphed into multigallon drums...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
More armor doesnt save you from growing hate.

This situation with IEDS reminds me from situation in Atlantic in WW2, when German torpedos was in US ways... It was continuing battle against acts, with new counter acts... And thousands pay the scientific game with their lifes.

How you can win this situation, without winning hearts and minds?

All those billions what has putted to develope new tanks, think if putted right away to help those poor people... I just hate this mess what is created by US, by the lie of 911.

www.usnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

How you can win this situation, without winning hearts and minds?

That goes both ways you know? One of the mains reasons we are winning in Iraq is because AQ/umbrella groups were becoming so violent, that the local people turned on them. My brother (Marine Infantry) has been working with Sunnis in Ramadi for the last 6 months. Some of these are people that were fighting them a year before. They eventually realize who the real bad guys were and decided that we were the right side to take.

The same goes for the Taliban. They aren't winning any fans by blowing people up, decapitating them and just being all around assholes. At least te Afghans can see that we are trying to protect them and doing our best not to harm them. Its hard to avoid when the enemy uses them as shields.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

This problem will never be true, if you didnt attack and invade those county at first place! There would be no IEDS, "suicide" bombs, or killing squads. Afghanistan has increase their drug production over 200% after US invasion.

Attacking Iraq and Afghanistan are both international war crimes. Without US presented there, do you think world would be somehow more unsecure than is it today? You have to understand that Al Qaida is made by US Media, CIA and War Industrial Complex. Its a hoax.

And dont think that its because of some revenge after 911... Those from who we all should demand answers are sitting in White House today!

They know what they have done.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

"no killing in Iraq or Afghanistan before US got there".

That says it all about you and how well informed you are. lol...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius

"no killing in Iraq or Afghanistan before US got there".

That says it all about you and how well informed you are. lol...

ROFL

why did you make up a quote to reply to? he didn`t say that

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Ok, I was paraphrasing:

There would be no IEDS, "suicide" bombs, or killing squads.

All of these things existed in the regions before we got there. Except maybe for IEDs in Iraq.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Marcus. you have not got a clue, the ME has been interfered with by the west for centuries and now we have 2 illegal wars in countries that dont want us or our verion of freedom and liberty. Whilst trillions are spent on these wars families in the US are losing their homes and their jobs and the people of the ME are loosing their lives.

So just who do you see as the winner, I'll tell you, its the corrupt politicians and the arms dealers thats who, wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
we can destroy the taliban but are not allowed and willing because the ban on Napalm.
If we napalm the hell out of the mountain area were they are hidding in caves we can smoke and burn them out of hidding and then shoot them to pieces with .. snipers and overhead cover by apaches..
and if that doesn't help a couple of nerve gas bombs will. then they will stop bombing our troops..
but if you are against violence then treathen them with the death of every soldier in afghanistan ect by muslim terrorism will lead too the closure of a mosque in Europe and USA. One dead one mosque .. then they will stop.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Mark, you have not learn from Vietnam have you. The US dropped evrything it could bar nuke weapons but it still did not win. When will people such as you understand that people do not want to live under the heel of a occupying enemy.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
we can destroy the taliban but are not allowed and willing because the ban on Napalm.
If we napalm the hell out of the mountain area were they are hidding in caves we can smoke and burn them out of hidding and then shoot them to pieces with .. snipers and overhead cover by apaches..
and if that doesn't help a couple of nerve gas bombs will. then they will stop bombing our troops..
but if you are against violence then treathen them with the death of every soldier in afghanistan ect by muslim terrorism will lead too the closure of a mosque in Europe and USA. One dead one mosque .. then they will stop.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by MarkLuitzen]

Aha! So the solution is napalm and nerve gas? So I suppose you know with whom would we aim these weapons? Having noted the Dutch attitude towards Muslims, differentiating between civilians from combatants is not an issue for the likes of you. Any non-compliant Muslim has got to be eliminated as far as you are concerned.

We do remember the Dutch troops entrusted to protect the Bosnians in Srebrenitsa willingly hand over their charge to General Ratko Mladic and the subsequent massacre. I surmise that their actions were motivated by a combination of cowardice and bigotry.

You must understand that if you live by the sword, you will die by the sword. So if you do delight in the use of nerve agents against others, you better start expecting payback.

I honestly believe bigots like you can be taught to be rational and realise that violence is not the answer. You can hate as much as you want, that is your freedoms of expression, but to act on it perpetuates the cycle of violence we are witnessing.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by masonwatcher]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

IEDs has been used since the Soveit-Afghan war. As well as the civil war in the 90s. Suicide bombing is nothing new. Remember the Taliban's main enemy Rashood who was killed by suicide bombers posing as journalists on September 9th, 2001, two days before 9/11. Don't kid yourself.

new topics

top topics

join