It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about WE conduct the definitive investigation! We have the manpower!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Edit: Title changed on some good advice

I am tired of the arguing, I am tired of the bickering and I am sick of the name calling. We are getting nowhere.
All the aguments relating to September 11 eventually devolve into "I'm right so F-you if you think otherwise". This is from both sides - both the pro official theory people and the anti official theory people. This argument has gone on for 7 years so far and if it is not dealt properly with it will go on ad-infinitum.
This has to stop.
A proper investigation needs to done and it needs to be done from here, from this website. ATS is one of the few places on the internet where both sides of the argument meet. Where ideas can be exchanged. Where a truth (of sorts) can be established.
An investigation involving people from both sides needs to be conducted. An investigation where all sides are investigated honestly and truthfully (if not, then we will only run headfirst into the brick wall of personal bias a la Dylan Avery's "loose change").

What I propose is the following (bear in mind that this is just a rough draft):

* 3 groups are formed - one group for the pro official theory people (group 1), one group for the anti official theory people (group 2) and one group consisting of people who couldnt care less one way or the other (group 3). (group 3 is intended to be a neutral party and will act as a watchdog)

* Once each group is established, group 1 and group 2 will nominate 5 candidates each to lead the group. (these candidates should be announced in an open forum and should represent the most rational and level-headed individuals each group can muster)

* When the 5 candidates for each group have been announced, the opposing group will get to pick who will lead the other (e.g. group 1 gets to pick the leader of group 2 and vice-versa).

* Once the leaders of both group 1 and 2 have been announced these 2 individuals will decide TOGETHER who leads group 3 (the neutrals).

* Now we come to the theories themselves. Rather than try investigate the whole sorry scenario all at once, specific sections of the the theories need to be established. e.g. Building 7, collapse of the towers, pentagon, flight 93, etc (I am sure someone here can break them all down).

* Each group will then assign 1-3 individuals each to investigate the theories. (1-3 individuals for each theory that is). These investigations need to be conducted honestly and without personal bias - thats where group 3 comes in.

* Group 3 will be tasked with ensuring that the facts are correct and can be verified and must have at least 1 member on each investigative team. Group 3 cannot give personal opinion. Group 3 is likely to have the hardest job of all.

* It is important that each investigative team work together (as hard as that may be) regardless of political affiliation and approach each investigation with an open mind .

* A timeframe for the investigation must be set out (3 months, 6 months - you decide)

It will be a hard investigation to conduct but if it is successful then we will have a definitive account of the 9/11 attacks and hopefully lay some grudges to rest.

As i said at the beginning this is just a rough draft of an idea. You can flame me if you want, thats your choice, but we have an opportunity here to get some kind of general consensus and I think it would be a pity to waste this opportunity. Last i checked we have 148,895 members on this site. We have the manpower to do this if even only one tenth of that membership got involved (14,000+ members).
Elaborate on this idea, discuss it, draw up a proper charter, do something.

cheers,
Tetch.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by tetchy]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tetchy

Not a bad idea, tetchy. If you can get it off the ground, I'll be happy to volunteer for group 3. I would suggest trying to get at least 1 mod in each group, though. That's the only thing I could add to your rough draft. Cheers and good luck.

Actually, there is something else you might want to consider. Perhaps you should change the name of the thread title. Instead of "I'm sick of this now", why not something a little more positive. Something like, "Once and for all, lets get to the bottom of this", might bring a little more interst. Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 10/31/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I also will join under group three this sound like a very good idea

I do believe with all the evidence out there we can come to a decision

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
this sounds like a tough job, but somebody's got to do it!

i'm going to volunteer for group 2!

this isn't going to be pretty..

EDIT: i guess it's up to the ATS staff to see this one through, though - it's a huge responsibility!

[edit on 31-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
ok. good. so we have 3 members so far. not many but its early days yet.
spread the word.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
are there any mods considering or pursuing this idea? is this whole thread possible?

has a mod been U2U'd yet about this?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
dont use the account much i'm afraid. I usually just read but not post. just got annoyed at all the mudslinging going on without anything being established.
How do i check U2U?

Edit: if they are not too hot on the idea then i will remove the post.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tetchy

you can't remove the post, all you can do is "edit" it temporarily. unless you're going to bash out a whole new thread, don't give up the fight!

search for one of the mods, listed at the bottom of the thread, on the "members" page, and find a post of theirs, then click the U2U button towards the bottom of the post (see mine?) to check your U2U's, there should be a U2U button on the bar towards the top of the webpage. it should "light up" red when you have an unread U2U...

This thread is in a forum moderated by: WyrdeOne, spacedoubt, Spiderj, benevolent tyrant, yeahright, Sauron, semperfortis, Hal9000

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
An investigator should be nonbiased on the matter they're investigating, and hadn't already come to a definitive conclusion on the matter they're investigating beforehand. An impossibility here at ATS.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Got it. cheers.
nothing yet, but it appears nobody is very interested in the subject anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
we need a Public Building - A retired Federal Judge ... a citizen to present charges ... and ask the judge for warrants - orders to refer to a Grand Jury ... nothing that could not be over come after all the Constitution gives the Citizens Great Leyway in this department.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

well let's start small first - let's just figure out what really happened, then we'll play their game in the courts!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
OK - how many of you are skilled in fire investigation,metallurgy, structural
engineering, aircraft crash investigation?

Or are going to hang out in mommy's basement watching online videos
produced by conspiracy kooks .....

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
One point that I would like to make about getting together with others to investigate 9/11 now is that much of the physical evidence is long gone. And even with the eyewitness testimony that we would get from the witnesses would be tainted or have changed over time because the perceptions of the witnesses over time would have changed as well. And you cannot base an investigation on photographs or video's alone, because they can be used to show several different things all at once. Plus, very few of us here at ATS have been trained as investigators, able to sift through all the contradictory evidence to come up with what happened that terrible day. So I think that, although a great idea personally, it would be counterproductive to go through with this idea.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think It is a GREAT idea .

1 I really do not believe a 6 m time limit is realistic I don't think 6 m is long enough since the facts are so tucked away with secrecy .

2 With the new administration about to take office in in 3 m 1/2 of time limit would have expired .

3 with the new administration at work some answers may be more likely to surface the current administration who may or may not be involved will not be blocking information any longer.

4 we need to work longer into the new administration than 3 m worth before a real opening of info could occur

I would love to help in the anti official story group but my time is sporadic that i could spend on it due to work and family life . I go from lots of time online to almost nill for a week of so .

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So by my count, nobody has volunteered for group 1 'pro-official story', yet. But there are 2 volunteers for Group 2 'anti-official story' and 2 volunteers for group 3 'neutral/watchdogs' (myself included).

I am sort of hoping this thing catches on. 9/11 has been done to death around here, but I'm not sure it's been done in a truly open and subjective way. Typically, the author of these types of threads already has very strong opinions on the matter and is lacking in tolerance and any semblance of acceptance regarding the other side. I think this fact has a ton to do with why these types of threads always seem to devolve into mindless mud-slinging parties. This thread has a chance to be different in that sense. That's why I'm on board. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

The funny thing edman probably watched all those kooky
conspiracey videos.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Its one thing to watch a few of them (and laught at them) then to actually
believe the crap they are pushing...

new topics

top topics

join