posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:41 PM
Edit: Title changed on some good advice
I am tired of the arguing, I am tired of the bickering and I am sick of the name calling. We are getting nowhere.
All the aguments relating to September 11 eventually devolve into "I'm right so F-you if you think otherwise". This is from both sides - both the
pro official theory people and the anti official theory people. This argument has gone on for 7 years so far and if it is not dealt properly with it
will go on ad-infinitum.
This has to stop.
A proper investigation needs to done and it needs to be done from here, from this website. ATS is one of the few places on the internet where both
sides of the argument meet. Where ideas can be exchanged. Where a truth (of sorts) can be established.
An investigation involving people from both sides needs to be conducted. An investigation where all sides are investigated honestly and truthfully (if
not, then we will only run headfirst into the brick wall of personal bias a la Dylan Avery's "loose change").
What I propose is the following (bear in mind that this is just a rough draft):
* 3 groups are formed - one group for the pro official theory people (group 1), one group for the anti official theory people (group 2) and one group
consisting of people who couldnt care less one way or the other (group 3). (group 3 is intended to be a neutral party and will act as a watchdog)
* Once each group is established, group 1 and group 2 will nominate 5 candidates each to lead the group. (these candidates should be announced in an
open forum and should represent the most rational and level-headed individuals each group can muster)
* When the 5 candidates for each group have been announced, the opposing group will get to pick who will lead the other (e.g. group 1 gets to pick the
leader of group 2 and vice-versa).
* Once the leaders of both group 1 and 2 have been announced these 2 individuals will decide TOGETHER who leads group 3 (the neutrals).
* Now we come to the theories themselves. Rather than try investigate the whole sorry scenario all at once, specific sections of the the theories need
to be established. e.g. Building 7, collapse of the towers, pentagon, flight 93, etc (I am sure someone here can break them all down).
* Each group will then assign 1-3 individuals each to investigate the theories. (1-3 individuals for each theory that is). These investigations need
to be conducted honestly and without personal bias - thats where group 3 comes in.
* Group 3 will be tasked with ensuring that the facts are correct and can be verified and must have at least 1 member on each investigative team.
Group 3 cannot give personal opinion. Group 3 is likely to have the hardest job of all.
* It is important that each investigative team work together (as hard as that may be) regardless of political affiliation and approach each
investigation with an open mind .
* A timeframe for the investigation must be set out (3 months, 6 months - you decide)
It will be a hard investigation to conduct but if it is successful then we will have a definitive account of the 9/11 attacks and hopefully lay some
grudges to rest.
As i said at the beginning this is just a rough draft of an idea. You can flame me if you want, thats your choice, but we have an opportunity here to
get some kind of general consensus and I think it would be a pity to waste this opportunity. Last i checked we have 148,895 members on this site. We
have the manpower to do this if even only one tenth of that membership got involved (14,000+ members).
Elaborate on this idea, discuss it, draw up a proper charter, do something.
[edit on 31-10-2008 by tetchy]
[edit on 31-10-2008 by tetchy]