It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's New Attack on Those Who Don't Want Higher Taxes: ‘Selfishness’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
still waiting for you to prove the 120k figure mantail.

Originally posted by Azathoth

As for Obama's taxing policies I feel they will just hurt us in the end.

But just my .2 you can take it or leave it

-Aza

what has george W and the gop tax policies done for the country?

greatest economic crisis since the great depression?

yeah change is a bad direction.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

So, on this thread alone, he's attacked Obama on two fronts, and both of them turned out to be a fallacy.

How do people like this get to continue posting?

It's obvious this guy just signed up a few weeks ago to come here and practice smear tactics.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Give some relief to the poorest and they will start spending again and fuel the Economy. It is obvious too many are struggling, if we refuse to do something then every small business is at risk. Lets not forget that its the taxpayers money that got many prosperous businesses where they are now.
If your legs are injured and you refuse to give it more treatment, eventually the whole body will collapse!

Numbers are pretty clear. 95% of americans will not see their taxes raised. In fact they may get a lot it back. Out of the 5% remaining , only a fraction are those earning just over 250K, who may feel the pinch a bit harder than those earning 500k+. It is a small price to pay for the GREATER GOOD of the economy and mankind indeed. Only if selfish minds could comprehend this

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

So, on this thread alone, he's attacked Obama on two fronts, and both of them turned out to be a fallacy.

How do people like this get to continue posting?

its a free country so let him post. dont let him annoy you, learn to be amused .

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

See, my problem is, there are too many like him. They come here, spread these lies, and in the process pick up supporters.

There are too many who don't research and will take stuff guys like this say as true. That's why campaign attacks work. Whoever is more effective at attacking, truthfully or not, will have an advantage because people listen to it and vote based off of it.

I don't want guys like that making a difference anywhere. Any time he posts and I see it, I will make sure to point out each and every mistake made.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

it has been proven over the last 8 years that trickle down economics is a joke.
i remember when clinton was president. wasnt it something like 20 million jobs created? did the middle class not grow ?
obama wants to take the super rich back to the taxes they paid during the clinton years.
sure seemed to work better then the current ideology.

i was going to vote tue but mantail has inspired me to vote today. im sick of the naive running this country.
its time for a change.

dont blame him or the others sublime. its really not their faults.
look here.....
www.deliberatedumbingdown.com...
www.google.com...

[edit on 1-11-2008 by elitegamer23]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

His words have been taken out of context, he's speaking about the upper class that will be taxed more strictly after he is nominated, thats right I said after he's nominated.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

Originally posted by Lokey13
reply to post by nyk537

His words have been taken out of context, he's speaking about the upper class that will be taxed more strictly after he is nominated, thats right I said after he's nominated.

the gop likes to take things out of context.
taxes for the super rich will simply be returned to what they were under bill clinton.
things worked 100000x better then so its the change we need.
warren buffett suports obamas tax plans. who is richer then him? very very very very very few.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

im still waiting for that 120k figure mantail. say nothing more if u cant show your proof.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
heres my idea. And it should work for both democrats and republicans. Make paying taxes on welfare programs voluntary. That way us republicans who are "selfish" can keep our money.

If this actually happened though, I bet 99% of the people who vote for obama would not volunteer their extra money to pay for this kind of stuff.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tdubz

Originally posted by tdubz
heres my idea. And it should work for both democrats and republicans. Make paying taxes on welfare programs voluntary. That way us republicans who are "selfish" can keep our money.

If this actually happened though, I bet 99% of the people who vote for obama would not volunteer their extra money to pay for this kind of stuff.

are you saying that tax money shouldnt go to help special needs kids?
mccain and palin sure support tax money for this.

what about the unjust war in iraq? are you saying its ok to pay for death and torture or innocents , but its not ok to use tax payers money to help special needs children?

let me guess , u support tax breaks for big oil, u support killing and torturing innocents in iraq , paid by usa tax payers, but u dont support healthcare for american children.

maybe you are just confused.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

actually, i dont want my money going to anyone else but me

are you saying that you would volunteer your money if you didnt have to?

[edit on 1-11-2008 by tdubz]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tdubz

whats the point of discussing hypotheticals?

we will pay taxes no matter what. now answer me this....
would u rather give all the kids in america healthcare or would u rather kill and torture innocents in iraq.

its all about what the tax money is spent on.
taxes and death is all we are guaranteed in this world.

lets spend it where it should be spent.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i would do neither. is it my responsibility to support someone elses kids?

lets for example look at child support. child support orders the mother or father to pay the other parent support to help take care of the kids. Instead of making the other parent pay support for the kid, should we make all of america pay for it?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
reply to post by tdubz

whats the point of discussing hypotheticals?

isnt everything we are discussing hypothetical? i mean none of us really know if either candidates tax plan will work or will even get passed? why discuss anything if we dont discuss the hypothetical stuff?

and thats a good attempt to get out of answering my question. I answered all of your questions. would you volunteer paying more taxes for welfare and redistributing wealth if you werent forced to. i know i wouldnt.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I can understand that we need to help people out generally in need, but what about the freeloaders? Why should they get rewarded because they want to be lazy or found a loophole to get a check. Why should they benefit? I'm not saying their aren't people that need help and would work to get off it, but there is also an ample supply of free loaders that don't care and love the fact they get a check for doing nothing. And the system that would give the money to the people that need it and would contribute doesn't work because the people that won't work still receive from the system.

Are you talking about welfare or unemployment? I think the welfare system needs to be made stricter and the freeloaders dumped in the garbage so the people that are sick/injured get what they deserve.

It is true that certain minority groups predominately in large cities abuse the system to death. This needs to be dealt with! As with unemployment I can tell you it works fine. You need to show that you are actively looking for a job otherwise you get nothing.

As for Obama's taxing policies I feel they will just hurt us in the end.

But just my .2 you can take it or leave it
-Aza

I don't quite agree with the liberal mentality of a progressive taxation system but at the same time I can't stand conservatives giving tax breaks to people who least deserve them.

I think the solution is much simpler in reality. An equal rate taxation system that eliminates all or most of the loopholes.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Let the rich be selfish and horde all the money they want.

Sooner or later, because of them, all the money will become worthless.

Too many people have been ripped off by corporations. Too many have been exploited by corporations and are currently unable to build their own wealth.

Why shouldn't the rich share their wealth? My grandfather was a millionaire and he donates half of what he earns every year to the people who he thinks needs money and that eventually they will thank him. And in fact they did.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

you might be considered rich to someone who has less then you. In reality you could be barely making it. Do you want to give your money to them?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Give me a break. Taxes are a fact of life. If you don't want to pay any taxes at all, go live on the moon or on mars.

Go live somewhere with no centralized government, no formal currency, no infrastructure - no roads, no police, no post office, no telephone networks, no electric grid, no waterworks, no sanitation. No public schools, no military, no framework for society at all. Good luck and good riddance.

So, I say, to all you who whine about Obama's tax plan - Grow up!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAINTAL

i

[edit on 1-11-2008 by MAINTAL]

you dont seriously expect to be taken seriously here do you?
where is your 120k figure?

thank god u arent old enough to vote.

My 120k ?? That was your figure not mine I told you what was said and quoted you verbatim . This is the third time ill tell you again. Obama's original figure was $250,000 then he changed to $200,000 and later Biden used an even lower figure. C'MON OBAMA PICK A NUMBER ALREADY!

So far in the list you been proven wrong on every challenge including the last one where you challenged me to prove you said neither party controlled the congress and senate and again you were proven wrong.

So rather than stand corrected you do the only thing a person with such toxic shame attached to being wrong can do when he doesn't have the maturity and class to just admit it. You insult me with innuendos in an ad-hom about my being too young to vote in the same breath your post conveys an age and maturity your presumptuous attempts to malign me as

Nothing I haven't seen before at ATS

[edit on 1-11-2008 by MAINTAL]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

im still waiting for that 120k figure mantail. say nothing more if u cant show your proof.

Hey guy I'm still waiting for YOU to show me the quote where I ever said 120k pal. Put up or shut up.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join