It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Red Georgia turn Blue?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I find your elitist tone insulting, and judging by your avatar, it fits.

There is no way in hell GA will go for Obama. No way, even with Atlanta. So many democrats here are voting against Obama, not FOR McCain.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

I find your ignorance insulting, how can you judge someone based on their avatar?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Shacks and trailers. It's unbelievable how people will latch onto wedge issues and vote against their economic interest.

I say the same things all the time about inner city voters. They pull the lever for Dems every election cycle and every time they go back to the polling booth, they're still living in economic squalor.

Neither party truly cares about the poor in this country, at least not beyond how they can manipulate them into voting for them.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Elitist!? I don't feel eltist when I go to church and clip my coupons on Sundays. That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. No, just a people watcher with politcal roots.

Sorry if you're offended. You can always log off. Peace.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Shacks and trailers. It's unbelievable how people will latch onto wedge issues and vote against their economic interest.

I say the same things all the time about inner city voters. They pull the lever for Dems every election cycle and every time they go back to the polling booth, they're still living in economic squalor.

Neither party truly cares about the poor in this country, at least not beyond how they can manipulate them into voting for them.

Very true. I don't understand it. Most people just vote based on image and sound bites.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Hum, I guess you had missed the entire point of the discussion.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but is not way in hell that blacks in Ga will vote for McCain.

And I move around circles a lot even the die hard middle age white conservative Republicans are acknowledging that Obama will be the next president, and for Ga it may still be a small chance that it will stay Republican but it will be Democrats running the state.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg, it's not the die hard middle aged white conservatives that are gonna cost Obama Georgia. It's the uneducated low income white masses that have never voted Republican but are going to this year because they will not vote for Obama. There are some people including in my own family who have either never voted or consistently voted Democrat that are voting for McCain due to well, let me be gentle, character flaws.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I don't know about this, but most of the new register voters are indeed blacks majority no white.

I know I live in Ga.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

We live in the same town (know from past posts
)....

I have not heard from many people that are voting for Obama....most of the talk I hear is negative towards him. It isn't racism; they just don't trust the man.

While we may SEE a lot of things (voter registration and certain soundbytes from certain people on TV), it's what we don't see and hear is what is going to decide this election.

A lot of people here still don't broadcast who they are going to vote for, and the majority of the people who turn out to vote are the ones who don't participate in polls and don't broadcast their party affiliations and don't participate in political talk. And, at least down here, those people are about as "Red" as one can get.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I careless of who the state goes too, but I can tell you this much, Obama will be the next president and I don't even favor any.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No arguments there Marg. However just because someone registered it does not mean they will show up to vote. I think I'm talking more about the middle-aged laid off mill-worker who grew up in a different Georgia than we have now, that has always voted Dem because that's what his parents did. I can't tell you how many mostly uneducated white normally vote democrats I know who are voting McCain. I've heard it at the bar, the store, and in church.

Georgia could go blue, it has before, relatively recently too no arguments there. With the chicanary invlolved in registering voters that appears to have gone on nationwide, I wouldn't put too much stock in any number except who actually shows.

In other Georgia related news, what ever happened to the proper ID at polls law that was the cause of so much controversy? Anecdotaly I work in a job that requires cutomers to show ID before I can access their accounts. Not trying to sound racist here but I am continually amazed at how many people won't fork out the $15 (guestimate last time I got a non-driver GA ID it was $8) for a Georgia non-driver ID. White people usually have it, even Hispanics usually have a Matricula Consular or some form of ID, black people act like you just insulted them. Kind of hilariously, I can't tell you how many people have come into me asking me to run a credit check with, get this, a state correctional ID that recently released inmates and parolees have.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Here in Albany IDs has been given free of charge for those that can not afford to pay for it.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well Obamas campaign thinks there may be a chance that Ga. turns blue...

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – In a bold move brimming with confidence, Democrat Barack Obama broadened his advertising campaign on Friday into two once reliably Republican states and further bedeviled rival John McCain by placing a commercial in the Republican presidential nominee's home state of Arizona.
Obama's campaign, capitalizing on his vast financial resources and a favorable political climate, announced that it was going back up with advertising in Georgia and North Dakota, two GOP states that it had teased with ads earlier in the general election campaign but then abandoned.
In what could be a final ignominy for McCain, Obama campaign manager David Plouffe said the campaign would also begin airing ads in Arizona, a state McCain has represented in Congress for 26 years. Plouffe said the race has tightened in Arizona, Georgia and North Dakota. A recent poll from McCain's home state showed the two candidates in a statistical dead heat.

In a slew of states, "the die is being cast as we speak," he said. "Sen. McCain on Election Day is not just going to have to carry the day, but carry it convincingly."

link

And...

Obama buying more TV ads in Georgia

Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama will hit Georgia’s airwaves for the next four days in an attempt to capture what his campaign believes is an up-for-grabs state.
“As we look at Georgia, if we win it, we’ll win it narrowly,” David Plouffe, Obama’s national campaign manager, said Friday. “When we look at Georgia, we think we see a pathway there. The organizing there has never stopped and the turnout among African-American voters has been quite high.”

In Georgia, however, he said they see an opportunity.
It’s a state, he said, “where we think we have far superior ground operations and where we’re playing alone… “

Obama’s campaign has more than 30 field offices in Georgia, more than 50 paid staff and 4,800 trained volunteers. McCain has not run any television ads in Georgia, his nearest campaign office is in Tallahassee, Fla., and he has no paid staff in the state. His campaign says he has “tens of thousands” of volunteers in Georgia.

Recent polls have shown the race to be anywhere from a dead heat to McCain holding a 5-point lead. The state has not voted for a Democrat for president since 1992.

link AJC

Swing batter batter...

[edit on 31-10-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I truly believe that here in the south is going to be a few surprises, now in the military base where my husband works, don't you dare even hint that Obama will be wining the elections.

People can not get over the fact that during the Democratic Rule of Clinton military bases and military overall got downsized.

Right now under the Republican hold the military and anything related to it, is good business.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I truly believe that here in the south is going to be a few surprises, now in the military base where my husband works, don't you dare even hint that Obama will be wining the elections.

At this base right now, we are being warned not to talk about politics period. Every other day, we get a nasty-gram from either the base commander or the division director.

It is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Did you remember back in a few months ago that it was encouraged to turn in co-workers that were pushing political believes?

Well my husband tells me that the political bickering and the negative comments against Obama is everyday topic.

And nobody is turning anybody in because the majority is the building hates Obama.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yeah that's pretty sad. It appears that on the Democratic side, they love their candidate, but on the Republican side, they just hate the Democratic candidate.

When will people learn to put energy behind what they want as opposed to what they don't want?

[edit on 31-10-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

MY ignorance, you do not even know me. Anyone that insults the housing situation someone is in because of situations, deserves ridicule beyond an image they choose as a representation of their personality. An individual that considers everyone from my region as a bunch of ignorant hicks that live in shacks is the uninformed opinion in this discussion. I do believe the first insult was fired at my geographical region.

P.S. by the way, what color did GA go?

[edit on 7-11-2008 by shai hulud]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join