It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Okay so basically I'm standing outside watching an airplane fly when another flashing light catches my eye. The blinking was faster than what the lights on an airplane might be, and it flashed different colors rapidly, and hovered in the same place in the sky for several minutes. It was faint and far away and I thought that perhaps I was seeing things when I turned around and saw something closer to me, radiating a sort of white-yellow light and a bit bigger than a star would be in the sky. Both were stationary. When I returned after running in to get my camera, the first was still there but it was so faint that I regretably couldn't catch it on my cameraphone (thankfully I had my camera for photography close at hand and tried to snap a picture with that but obviously don't know the outcome yet) but the bright one was gone by the time I turned around.

So: UFO? Meteor? Or maybe I'm jsut crazy or something. I have to admit that I feel like a total freak posting this. Someones going to call me a noob ><

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Atomic_squeegee]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
did you see any chemtrail or a tail behind the objects?
do u think that was below normal airplane flying level?

last fewdays, I saw an orangelight flashing in high sky too, size is just about the same as a star, it was flashing with one orange light and move constantly but suddenly it moves backward and keep flashing.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Did you look at your watch? Sometimes when these things happen, there is more to the story.

Always know what time it is. That way if you see something, and check your watch afterwards, you will know if you've lost time.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
No, I didn't notice any sort of tail behind the objects. The flashing light changed colors, first white, blue, red, yellow and back to white rapidly, and the lights were a lot brighter than the lights that I saw on an airplane that was flying nearby. The brighter object was... I'm not sure how to describe it. It could have had a tail, because it was oddly shaped, but it was symmetrical, so I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Unfortunately no D: I was in my pajamas so I didn't have my cell on me and I generally don't wear a watch. I didn't even think tocheck the time while I was scrambling to try and get a picture, and my mother was asleep at that point so I couldn't even ask her if I had been gone for a bit. I want to say that the clock inside was an hour off from when I had seen it last, but that probably wouldn't be accurate at all, and thethings broken anyway ><

Edit: I've checked the time on my IM logs and found that exactly ten minutes passed since I left the house. So I doubt that any significant amount time elapsed. I spent a while standing outside staring up at the thing trying to figure out what I was seeing, after all xD

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Atomic_squeegee]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic_squeegee

I can't remember where I read this, but a U.F.O. investigator who claimed to have alot of success getting unidentified objects to come closer to him, claimed that he did it by using a normal laser pointer, aimed at the object.

I'm not saying you SHOULD do this, but if you're curious, and completely fearless, it might be worth a shot.

However I claim no responsibility for what may happen to you if this does work.

And if you start some kind of intergalactic war you've never heard of me.
jk

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, we live in IL and my wife was comming in from getting groceries and told me that she thinks she is going crazy, but she saw a round object in the sky - moved fast (Redish Orange). She was sure that it was not a plane, baloon or anything else....something odd is happening in the skys tonight for sure.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Atomic_squeegee

I hope I can help you figure this light out for you info.

I have viewed very close up a Lightship that turned colors as it manuvered about the sky. Could you make out the shape as being a sphere or orb?

How close were you from this strange light?

Also could you estimate the size in reference to another object you could compare itt to?

Did you feel as if it knew you were watching it or felt some type of inner contact going on?

If it is what I am thinking about it will never harm you this I know with my life.

Do you live in a wooded area with trees around that this light traveled above?

Was this event in the Northwest of the USA?

You may contact me if you have any questions for me to try to develop a proven answer to aid your understanding.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No, I was quite far away and it was very far up, I couldn't make out any sort of discernable shape but it was about the same size/distance away from me as an airplane that was clying nearby like I said. I didn't get the feeling that it knew I was watching it, but I definately knew that something wierd was going on... I never thought about 'them' knowing I was there until the brighter light disappeared. And I am on the east coast, there are a lot of trees where I live.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by billhinesjr

Agreed. Maybe theyre making contact *ninja*

new topics

top topics

join