It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Build a Rocketship.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Apologies if this is in the wrong section. The reason I didn't put it in the 'dreams' section is because I want to address the possibility that it may have been something more.

I've only ever sleepwalked once in my life. I was about 6. It was 3:30 in the morning and I had, for lack of a better word, a "dream". This was no ordinary dream though. I've never experienced anything like it, before or since.

What I experienced, or at least thought I did, was a "feed" of all the data necessary to build... Some kind of rocketship! I remember NOTHING except some fleeting glimpses of blueprint-looking imagery, and an overall 'feel' of what it might look like when it was built.

AND I HAD TO GET STARTED - NOW!!!

So, think back to when you were a kid and you saw a commercial for some toy that you just HAD TO HAVE - maybe it clicked in your head that XMAS or your birthday was coming up SO YOU JUST HAD TO GO SCREAM AT YOUR MOM AND DAD to please please get it for you... Imagine that excitement, X 1000. Plus I was still asleep.

That didn't matter. All I remember was waking up in the middle of emphatically shaking my dad asking him over and over again for some nails.

They checked me for fever and shaken (them more than I) tucked me back into my bed. Never happened again.

You've all seen the Matrix. You know when Neo learns Kung Fu, or Trinity gets helicopter flying lessons instantly beamed into her head? It was EXACTLY like that. Only they retained the info, whereas I instantly forgot it. Gimme a break, I was 6. By the way, this was 1977, I hadn't even seen STAR WARS yet. Much less THE MATRIX.

Still, I wonder if one of my neighbors was some kind of rocket scientist. Perhaps he was "projecting" and I just "tuned in". Or maybe aliens got the wrong house. Or the right one, and I just completely dropped the ball.

Damn. If my dad had just given me those nails.

I wonder if hypnotic regression would be worth the trouble? It's not something I put that much thought into but I've always been curious as to what I saw. Even if it was 'just a dream', I'd like to know what compelled me so.

[edit on 10/28/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Interesting, you know many inventors and musicians etc, got their ideas in a relaxed almost asleep state of mind and in their dreams too. Sometimes they would hear music or have a sudden idea, or solution.

I think there is an inventor in Japan who got a lot of his ideas like this too.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yeah I had an idea for a rocket ship when I was 6 too. It involved a 50 gallon oil drum, the drivers seat from an old cadillac deville, and a whole s***load of firecrackers.... lol of course I joke.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

...Or Stan Romanek's formulas? I do believe in an 'Akashic Record', a collective consciousness and possibly other phenomena that could explain this. I'm certainly no rocket scientist but I like to think I'm a creative person. Still, all I've gleaned from what may have been glimpses into such a thing is inspiration. Nothing just pops into my head from nowhere - not like that anyway.

One of my current goals is reaching that meditative state more 'at will', and with less concentration. What I'm learning though, is that the concentration is the meditation. And it's driving me freakin' crazy!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Can you remember anything of the design? It's general shape? Sometimes if I'm trying to remember something I'll kick back and go and relax. Just sorta let the mind wander but gently nudge it in the proper direction. If you don't come up with anything then don't worry. Sometimes when we try to hard whatever it is escapes from our grasp. When you can, grab a sheet of paper and jot down what you remember. Even a single word might jostle things and restore it.

An example is the ship that you see in my avatar. It's the ESS (Earth Science Services) Raven. The general shape was something that I came up with years ago in a series of dreams involving me exploring worlds. Then I started sketching the design. Over the years, the design changed. Often awake, sometimes asleep. A couple of years ago I got my hands on a 3d computer drafting program (Bryce). I decided to make it a reality. Took me a while (about a year and a half) and several revisions but now I have it. Sure it's a aerodynamic horror but I'm happy with it.

Hope that my suggestion is of help.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

It was a plain old Apollo style rocket. No, what was remarkable about it was that it was rapid imagery of schematics, blueprints and diagrams. I had a thriving imagination and a sharp eye as a kid, but this was (at least in my perception, what I can remember of it) a whole lot of info that I didn't have before, and if it was being generated by my subconscious, it never worked the same way before or since.

I would compare it to the AHDH-post-MTV-Generation X-quick edits of high-tech sci-fi movies that would come out years later. Heh, or maybe something like this:

...without the techno music. And a rocket. Not a ufo "drone".

I like your ship, I had a similar experience recently when trying to map out a place I visited in a series of dreams. In the dreams, the layout of the place was something of importance, but I was having trouble drawing it. Until I discovered isometric graphics. Then the whole experience of creating the image became a sort of therapeutic means of helping me relax and concentrate before sleep at night. Take a look:

[edit on 10/28/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Very nice on the artwork. Judging from the style of the buildings I would say a Greek influence. Although from the look of the figures that you have on one of the buildings I would guess Babylonian? The general impression that I get is that the buildings are part of a temple complex.

Hmm, as far as your feelings that the placement of the buildings was of importance I'm wondering if you were experience some sorta connection to a past life?

By the way, when I do my artwork (either on a computer or in a sketchbook) I almost always use a isometric view as well. I find my artwork rather therapeutic as well. Except when I'm mentally beating myself up saying "wrong! Wrong! Wrong! That doesn't look right!"

Back to what happened. Was the Apollo program running at that time? If so then perhaps you saw some diagrams of the Apollo rocket and while you were asleep your brain was processing it. Just a guess I would say.

Edited to add:
I realize that this is OT but I decided to add a link to my artwork here. There you will find some links and a link to my Renderosity website artwork.
Linky

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Deson]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Thanks, glad you like it. I'm a poster artist by trade, and usually use pen and ink, so this is a bit of a departure for me. Something about having to adhere to the isometric perspective brought about a sense of inner peace and accomplishment that's hard to describe.

I posted about the dreams in the Akashic Hall of Records thread. The place was supposed to be a sanctuary of information, and the architecture there was a blend of ancient cultures.

Similar to my childhood rocket plans dream, I cannot recall any of the info I came across there. There was a feeling of trespass in the dream, like if I was supposed to be there at all, I had gone into the wrong area.

Thanks for sharing your stuff; I particularly like the Stargate and the Tunnel-Boring-Machine. There is sychronicity here. Right around 6 or 7 years old, I started drawing these scenes of epic battles above (and below) the Giza Pyramid Complex. Giant mothership spacecraft releasing armadas of saucers, with jet fighters and tanks attacking them. There was always a network of tunnels being drilled by tank-treaded TBMs underneath the pyramids.

I remember my mom trying to get me to draw other things. I think they disturbed her a little. My dad thought they were great. I don't think there's anything too weird about this - I was obsessed with sci-fi even back then. The thing I've always wondered about though was my fascination with Ancient Egypt. Kind of strange for a little white boy growing up in the southwestern US.

Anyway, a few days ago I started working on an isometric, modernized version of those old drawings. Now I suppose I'll have to finish it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson

Back to what happened. Was the Apollo program running at that time? If so then perhaps you saw some diagrams of the Apollo rocket and while you were asleep your brain was processing it. Just a guess I would say.

It was 1977, and like most American 6-year-olds, I had books, toys and probably even a lunch-box having something to do with rockets. I was also a huge Six-Million Dollar Man fan, the intro of which shows a launch.

A six-year-old having a dream about wanting to build a rocket is probably not unique at all.

It's the way I sprang into action in my sleep that makes this stand out as something more than just from within my own subconscious. Considering I never sleepwalked before or after that. And compared to the broad range of dreams and sleep-paralysis related weirdness I've experienced, nothing has ever been remotely similar.

top topics

join