It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The L.A. Times Suppresses Obama’s Khalidi Bash Tape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The LA Times newspaper is in posession of a videotape that could potentially be very damaging to the Obama campaign, yet they refuse to release it.

Let’s try a thought experiment. Say John McCain attended a party at which known racists and terror mongers were in attendance. Say testimonials were given, including a glowing one by McCain for the benefit of the guest of honor ... who happened to be a top apologist for terrorists. Say McCain not only gave a speech but stood by, in tacit approval and solidarity, while other racists and terror mongers gave speeches that reeked of hatred for an American ally and rationalizations of terror attacks.

Now let’s say the Los Angeles Times obtained a videotape of the party.

Question: Is there any chance — any chance — the Times would not release the tape and publish front-page story after story about the gory details, with the usual accompanying chorus of sanctimony from the oped commentariat? Is there any chance, if the Times was the least bit reluctant about publishing (remember, we’re pretending here), that the rest of the mainstream media (y’know, the guys who drove Trent Lott out of his leadership position over a birthday-party toast) would not be screaming for the release of the tape?

Do we really have to ask?

article.nationalreview.com...

The guests of honor at this party included William Ayers, Obama, and Khalidi. Obama openly lavished praise on Khalidi, who happens to be Yasser Arafat's former mouthpiece.

Yet another example of Obama's questionable relationships.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Thanks for the post. I saw this story this morning on Fox. I doubt the big 3 will air the story. I would hope that a story like this would clearly wipe the glazed look off of the faces of Barry's die hard followers. Barry really needs to worry about the Democrats who ride the center line. This information could be enough to push them to a McCain vote.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They won't air the story because it's just another lie. McCain can't elected on the truth so his folks have to lie just like his buddy Bush did to us.

Obama Fact Check on Khalidi

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Yes, because anything Obama says on his official site must be the truth.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Nowhere does Obama deny his relationship with Khalidi.

Obama lavished praise on this guy at that party.

Khalidi has babysat for Obama's kids. I wouldn't let anybody I didn't trust babysit my kids.

Obama just says "He's not one of my advisors".

Yeah, right.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You Obama supporters need to realize that just because these people aren't his advisers doesn't eliminate the problem.

Every radical association Obama has been called on, his only response is that they are not his "official advisers". Notice though that he never denies the relationships or friendships.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The only thing refuting Obama's association with people of questionable affiliation is Obama's words. "He's not one of my advisors."

The information in the "Obama fact check on Khalidi" link has no new information, or anything that refutes the accusation, except Obama's words. Which seem to be the same words he uses for every questionable association he has. But his supporters just take him at his word.

Obama wouldn't pass top secret government clearance with such associations. And yet, he can be POTUS?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Don't worry. The LA times like many other media outlets who favor Obama will rid themselves of that friendship if he becomes President.

It is amazing that the same group that help to prop him up will be the ones leading the charge to drop him down.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Obama has walked a careful and delicate line for most of his adult life. Amazingly, he has left no apparent paper trail and has ruffled no feathers. He has affiliated with and befriended scoundrels and hatemongers and yet he can do no wrong in the eyes of the FAR left. He merely shrugs it off. Absoultely amazing to me.

There must be one huge closet of people locked up with tape over their mouths. If he ends up in office, the flood gates of truth will open and it will be to late.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Is there any other doubt why the LA Times is going broke?,supposed to be a no biased newspaper but exactly the opposite,as far as I'm concerned the LA Times is fit for lining of a bird cage,wrapping of fish,and an oil catcher for an old Ford

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
They won't air the story because it's just another lie. McCain can't elected on the truth so his folks have to lie just like his buddy Bush did to us.

I can't believe people are still using FactCheck.Annenberg as a legitimate source!

too funny.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. I didn't see this post here and I posted this article from Gateway pundit on the Breaking News forum and it was deleted by a mod.

Here's that link:

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

[edit on 28-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Figures. This plus his relationship with Odinga of Kenya who signed off on implementing Shariah Law once in power and openly called for riots in the country once he lost the election. This guy happens to be his cousin. Obama's a shady guy. Makes you wonder just what kind of people he associates with to rise to the top of the democratic party in 4 years. Just 8 years ago Obama couldn't even be elected by the people of Illinois and now more than half of the USA is behind him.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Check out the emails that Little Green Footballs sent LA Times concerning this tape!

littlegreenfootballs.com...

Date: Monday, October 27, 2008 16:14
Subject: RE: Not read: The L.A. Times Suppressing Obama’s Khalidi Bash Tape?
To:

[...]

The Times did write about the tape, so I’m not sure what you mean aboutsuppressing the video or information from the video. Here is a copy of the report about the video.

Thanks again for writing,
Jamie Gold
Readers’ Representative

If that is the case, then release the video that you have of the event and don’t merely report it. Why is the Los Angeles Times sitting on a videotape of the 2003 farewell bash in Chicago at which Barack Obama lavished praise on the guest of honor, Rashid Khalidi - former mouthpiece for master terrorist Yasser Arafat?

Thanks for your note back. It sounds as if you don’t find “mere reporting” to be enough, but The Times is not suppressing anything.

Just the opposite — the L.A. Times brought the matter to light.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Jamie Gold
Readers’ Representative

Can you imagine if this was a McCain tape that Fox was suppressing? It would be the number 1 topic on ATS, filled with hand wringing the likes of which has never been seen!

Originally posted by sos37
Thanks for posting. I didn't see this post here and I posted this article from Gateway pundit on the Breaking News forum and it was deleted by a mod.

Here's that link:

Yeah and he said it was because "it was based on a blog". Do the mods here consider the La Times a blog???

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Heliodromus]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliodromus
Can you imagine if this was a McCain tape that Fox was suppressing? It would be the number 1 topic on ATS, filled with hand wringing the likes of which has never been seen!

S# would hit the fan and hands every where would ache.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Try again:

This is what Obama had to say about his ties with Khalidi and what he failed to mention.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Any respectable news organization should release the tape and let the
American public decide.

Failure to do so adds to the growing disrespect for the news community
that many Americans have developed as they struggle for facts to determine
our Country's future direction.

All Senators and Representatives should encourage full disclosure.

Jim

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

not trying to call obama a liar but, you need to find better sources for your 'facts'

that's like quoting obama himself for proof on this issue, we need evidence. i mean real evidence, we've already heard obamas side of the story, which is all this site will give you.

[edit on 063131p://upTuesday by indigothefish]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So what if Obama was at some party and praised Ayers and Khalidi? Let's even assume that such a video really exists. This pales infinitely in comparison to McCain's close alliance (which he is constantly trying to deny) with George Bush, who associates with the most successful terrormongers in the world: Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney. And what's scariest of all is that the latter are *real* associations, not questionable.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
At this point I am going to go way out on a limb here and say this. Obama will not win the election. Race is going to play a bigger part in this election than people want to believe. I think that on Nov 5th the news story is going to be polling, and what the hell happened. I think it will not be a big Obama loss, but big enough that we are going to see just how America really thinks. I think the polling in OH, PA, FL and even CA are wrong. Way off. I think it is going to be McCain over Obama by fewer than 10 electoral votes, but 8-13 percent of the popular vote as well. Anybody remember how off the polls were last time?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join