It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman buried to neck and stoned to death for adultery

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

True.

Its not really voluntary if the choice is "Attend Sharia court or we will kill you for being an infidel and going to the non-islamic court".

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think it would be great if they did that here. Stone anyone that has an affair, woman OR man.

No I don't think the "lover" should be stoned too. Often they don't even know the person is married, as the person that is married usually takes off their ring and lies about being single.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation
I think it would be great if they did that here. Stone anyone that has an affair, woman OR man.

'If' you're serious, then I think you are demonstrating the lack of compassion and tolerance that keeps this world locked in a tit for tat continual nightmare.

If someone strays, then they have either made a personal mistake, or there is something missing from their current relationship. A bit of understanding and self evaluation would go alot further than violence.

I'm not saying that these things are not painful, I'm simply suggesting that it is how we handle that pain that makes the difference in our world. It requires stepping outside ourselves for a minute and looking at the big picture.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation

'If' you're serious, then I think you are demonstrating the lack of compassion and tolerance that keeps this world locked in a tit for tat continual nightmare.

If someone strays, then they have either made a personal mistake, or there is something missing from their current relationship. A bit of understanding and self evaluation would go alot further than violence.

I'm not saying that these things are not painful, I'm simply suggesting that it is how we handle that pain that makes the difference in our world. It requires stepping outside ourselves for a minute and looking at the big picture.

Nope.

Humans learn from observation.

If they see someone getting stoned to death for doing something wrong, they are going to be much less likely to do it themselves.

This is why any psychology teacher will tell you that if you have kids that are siblings and you discipline one for something, and the other one sees that kid get disciplined, he/she probably won't do it herself.

The reason why more than 60% of Americans have an affair on their spouse (and more than 80% cheat on a bf/gf) is because there's no punishment at all for it. Nothing happens when they do it. Nothing stops them from doing it, and nothing is there to make them not want to do it.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by LogicalExplanation]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LogicalExplanation

Are you suggesting that people, male or female, should be "punished" for having an affair? Surely that is between the parties involved? If person embarks on an affair surely that is a matter between their conscience, their "official" partner and the 3rd party?

People embark on affairs for a number of reasons, but never because they are completely happy in the relationship they are already in.

Besides which, I am not sure which psychologists you are quoting, however, Albert Pierrepoint, the most famous of England's hangmen with over 600 executions to his name indicated:

"I have come to the conclusion that executions solved nothing, and are only an antiquated relic of a primitive desire for revenge which takes the easy way and hands over the responsibility for revenge to other people..."

Now if a hangman believes that execution didn't stop people murdering, then we have to consider how other "punishment" affects people in general. I would suggest that most people consider that they "won't get caught the same way" rather than "they don't want to be punished aswell".

The prisons are full of people that didn't get affected by others being punished. Punishment has not shown that it stops people behaving in a certain manner - only that they make extra efforts not to be caught. True, if those efforts seem arduous then people are less likely to behave "badly", but this is in effect for all actions that attract risk.

Some people are more risk averse than others, however, the prize of failure and the negative effect it has does not necessarily put people off - it is the calculation of risk in a person's mind that matters. Some people are willing to risk death by taking a parachute jump - others wouldn't do it. The effect is the same but some people can overcome the risk factor.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by SugarCube]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalExplanation

I'll go with what Jesus said to the group trying to stone a Harlot. 'Which ever one of you is without Sin, cast the first stone.' Of course they all left without casting a single stone.

Deny Hypocrisy and stop calling down Judgement on others!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join