It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soy Beans and Population Reduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sperm count has decreased by 75% since the U.N. started keeping records.

One of the culprits is thought to be soy beans which have been covertly introduced into the western diet over the years.

Look at the food labels and see how often soy beans
are included in what you eat. Thirty years ago this was not the case.

I mention this as an example of the sneaky nature of the population reduction agenda.

I will anticipate all those who will bleat out that there ARE too many people by saying that most western nations have a negative birth rate and that having a child or not is no business of anyone but you and your spouse.

One of many studies here. ihealthbulletin.com...

[edit on 27-10-2008 by marsha law]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
very interesting data. however, most soy products are expensive or mostly available in affluent areas. why reduce the rich?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Soy bean intake can also impact a woman's fertility. Soy derivatives are in almost every processed food these days.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by governmentsecrets

Are you kidding? Have you even looked at an ingredients label lately? Crisco Oil= 100% Soybean oil, evaporated canned milk= soybean, processed food=soybean, potato chips= soybean, chocolate bars=soybean. Soy lecithin,soybean oil. Does that sound like rich people food?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I agree 110%.

Processed soy is in dang near everything and as I recall, was even touted as the best thing to eat because it was "healthier"

I remember working at PFChangs and a quarter of the customers would order their dishes "sub soy for meat" to be "healthier" and I just laughed.

I tried feeding some to the neighborhood cats and they wouldn't eat it, so that was my first clue.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm skeptical...

Asian Countries have had high soy consumption for eons... and they don't seem to have a problem populating themselves...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i didn't realize the how prevalent soy is.. i stand corrected. down with soy!!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Soy is really cheap, and what sucks is that like 90% of all soy harvested is genetically modified. Good 'ol Monsanto *throws up from speaking such an evil name* and their round up ready soy. Soy also is high in phytoestrogens which is thought to reduce sperm and I think I read testosterone. Obesity/lack of exercise could be another reason from lowered sperm quality, haven't really looked into it.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Asians eat tofu not soy beans per se. Here is something about tofu that may be useful. Scroll down to the bit about infants and consider that infant formula is soy based. Then ask why they give little babies such crap.

www.becomehealthynow.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by marsha law

Asians put soy sauce in a lot of stuff... and eat the raw beans as well...

soy sauce is made from fermented soy products...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Plus there are different ways to handle soy. Fermentation destroys the phytoestrogens I think. The way they eat it, I think it has less of an impact.

I used to research this a lot in the past when I decided to stop eating soy, but I forgots it all
lol

[edit on 27-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Plus there are different ways to handle soy. Fermentation destroys the phytoestrogens I think. The way they eat it, I think it has less of an impact.

hrm... I could accept that

Now I've got research to do.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Soya has so many benefits. Its benefits far outweigh this study:

www.soya.be...

Soy reduces risk for heart diseases
In countries were soy products are ingested regularly, the rates of cardiovascular diseases is low. Research suggests that soy may help to prevent heart disease by reducing total cholesterol, low density lipoprotein cholesterol and preventing plaque buildup in the arteries, which could lead to stroke or heart attack. These health benefits are also mainly attributes to the soy isoflavones. The soy isoflavone genistein may also increase the flexibility of blood vessels.

Soy helps to prevent certain cancers
Several studies have indicated that a regular intake of soy foods may help to prevent hormone related cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer and colon cancer.

Soy is very nutritive
Soy products such as tofu, tempeh and soy milk are very rich in protein. This protein is of very high quality because it contains all essential amino acids. The amino acids of soy combine very well with the amino acids of cereals. The soy protein is therefore very important for vegans.
Soy is a good source of lecithin and vitamin E. These natural antioxidants prevent oxidation of LDL cholesterol. Soy is rich in magnesium, which plays an important function for the bones, heart and arteries.

and

www.healthcastle.com...

Soy beans contain high amounts of protein, including all essential amino acids (the only such vegetable source). Soy beans are also a rich source of calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, B-vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids and fiber...

The results demonstrated that a diet with significant soy protein reduces Total Cholesterol, LDL cholesterol (the "Bad" cholesterol) and Triglycerides.

The average consumption in these studies was 47 grams per day of soy protein, which is a considerable amount. One way to include this is to try a soy protein beverage or powder that may add 20 grams preserving. Soy protein was effective even in people who were already following the American Heart Association's 30 percent-fat diet. Soy protein appears to lower triglyceride levels while preserving HDL cholesterol.

The next purchase I wish to save up for is a juicer that also makes soya milk. So nutritious and yummy! Would like to make my own varieties, like mango/apricot, or raspberry blends.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This thread started by questioning why the sperm count of american men has dropped so drastically. I fingered soybeans because it has been well established that soy contains an alarming amount of estrogen.

Also it seems peculiar to me that soy is in virtually everything we eat that is processed.

I am puzzled as to why the U.N. is so curious about the fertility of americans but doesn't seem to be bothered that it is decreasing.
(When I was vegan I made tofu once a week and thought it was great.)

If soybeans are not to blame then what is?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's even in baby formula. The estrogen for babies is just sick imo, and it's also genetically modified. Great way to start life, pumped with hormones like a cow and all the crap GMO food entails. I read soy formula can increase estrogen levels in babies to alarming amounts. It can even cause baby acne I think I read. My cousin had a kid and they had to go off soy from the acne.

new topics

top topics

join