It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! I'm An ATS Addict!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Are any of you other members finding yourself spending WAY too much time on ATS? I used to have a life and things to do on the weekend but since joining ATS I just HAVE to check in and see what breaking conspiracy news is happening at the time. Is anyone else experiencing this? Maybe we could start a new catagory topic on ATS for ATS addicts to go on to discuss our addictions. I for one would be on it all the time.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes. I posted this very exact same thing about 2 weeks ago and convinced myself I needed to leave the site. Here I still am 2 weeks later. My advice is to do what other ATS members told me to do. Step away from it for awhile. Otherwise, you'll end up like me. Nearly on the verge of insanity, about to be put in the asylum.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You could always just step away but it might also be a good idea to ask yourself why you feel the need to even come here in the first place.

Wipe on, wipe off

Bigmoose

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
wow, I've been logged on sence 11:00 PM yesterday (east coast)
I have a very open mind, and like to read EVERY thing and take in the knowledge and see other peoples point of views. Maby I'm just waiting for something big to happen? aren't we all?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
There's too much information, there's always something to read on ATS.
Yeah, I'm hooked too.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The way of solving the problem, is admitting you have a problem.
I to am an addic and am seeking help........lol.

Let us find ATS Anonymous.........We need help...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I was looking at the ATS quantcast page recently and the image below made me chuckle.

It looks like your in the 1%....The "Elite" lol

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
My name is Dizzie and I am an ATS addict.

Since becoming an addict I am more informed and more aware of all things that have been, are now and will be in the future.

I have come to understand myself and my fellow man in a way I had never thought possible.

The only downside I can find in being an ATS addict is the worry that it could one day disappear. I would be a lost puppy.

Long live ATS/BTS. I love you ATS. You make my heart sing and my head ring.

Rock on.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
LOL dude i been here 4 and a half years and i have to check in at least a few times a day unless im away with work. ATS is seriously addictive however it is also my chosen news source on global events.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think the best way to overcome one addiction is to feed another, go get a bunch of alcohol and drugs, you'll stop going to work, caring about yourself, friends and family. You'll lose your job, the DSL will be turned off and you'll get kicked out of your home. By the time you're done you won't give two $hits about ATS and you'll be looking forward to your FEMA coffin.

And of course this is all tongue in cheek, there really are no FEMA coffins.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

it's too late for me...

I would tell you to run - save yourselves :-)

but - I figure- we're here for a reason

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

From my viewpoint, one of the funniest things is how someone will get into trouble with the rules, then scream about how bad ATS is, call us all names and generally become a sore point. Eventually they get banned.

Then they sign up the next day under a new name. No matter how bad they claim ATS is, they come back for more.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
time to make a sick aviator and sig with images from that fall out 3 game via Photo Shop.

any one know exact pixel size for them boxes , ?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
Maybe we could start a new catagory topic on ATS for ATS addicts to go on to discuss our addictions. I for one would be on it all the time.

Hahahaha I kind of find the above synonmous to holding AA meetings in the liquor store

I have a serious suggestion for you though, go read all of the 300+ pages of the Blossom Goodchild thread, and I guarantee you without question this will not only cure you for life, but may well cure some other ailments you might be afflicted with, if any

AB1

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

I was going to start the same thread!! I'm addicted!! I find myself unable to pull myself away, even though I feel depressed, paranoid, worried, scared all the time. I get headaches all the time. To much reading and thinking, I guess. However, I also get a sense of excitement and thrill from reading all the threads. Some are just comical, others are facinating and informative. I really just want to be completely oblivious to the world and go on with my life again, but I'm like a drug addict! I need my daily fix! I thought that after the Oct 14th thing, I was done, no more ATS, but I can't help myself! SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!! Please!!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I know all about this addiction crap... I am trying to quit my tobaco usage now. On my first 24 hours without it atm. ( using somekind of "quit-pills" )

But regarding the ATS addiction....hmm.
Maybe there is a patch/band-aid to put on your arm or something.
Anti-ATS. =)

Well seriously, I have thought about this too, cause I am checking this site everyday. But I came to the conclusion that if I check this site for an hour or two I will be safe and have time for otherthings.

Perhaps you don't need to quit ATS totally but just visit it once or twice a day for 1 or 2 hours.

Good luck, now you have to excuse me cause I have to go and do something about my abstinence, prolly takin' something to eat.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Iam new in ATS, and i don't hope i get addicted

Now i will see on that.. I really like this site, because of this hole UFO, Conspiracy things!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I been stuck here reading since 2004, you have no hope.

however i spend more time here when stuff is bothering me. it helps me feel better. i suppose you could say its escapism.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by kode]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If the truth be told what I really am is an information junkie and ATS is a greater jumping board to many different informational links.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
If the truth be told what I really am is an information junkie and ATS is a greater jumping board to many different informational links.

yes, me too,information junkie,

Is that a bad thing?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join