It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! I'm An ATS Addict!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i cry everyday about ATS i just need it it's like family to me :O help

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

of course not ... unless its part of a conspiracy to monopolize our (some of the most intelligent and most informed peope on the planer) time and keep us immobilized from action.. Huh?.....did you ever think of that? Maybe we are just unwitting pawns..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yes, I am a closet ATS junkie too
The close minded think I am a freak and that is great too. I work hard at being freaky and so not want to be "normal". What the hell is normal anyway??

When I first discovered ATS, I was a bit gung-ho with my posts and and I suppose I peed a few people off with my opinions. I have learned to curb that inclination.

I come here everyday to read, soaking it all up like a sponge, hopefully expanding my mind and learning even more.

My family knows I am an ATS addict but I am guarded as far as disclosing
my interest in this site due to people's ignorance and reluctance to accept that things are really not as they appear. I like to think that I am a little better informed (I do not know everything!!). Since joining ATS I have purchased a telescope and my family enjoys stargazing with me.

At the end of the day, anything that gets you thinking is a great thing.
Please keep enjoying this harmless addiction.

take care all
res

[edit on 26-10-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

well no telescope so far but I do admit to keeping a pair of binoculars under the front seat of my car and a digital camera "just in case"..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes, it's possible to become addicted to ATS. There is a very rare day when I don't log in.

One thing that I do when I get burned out on the ATS side is that I'll head on over to the BTS side for while. Sorta a decompression session. If you find yourself getting burned out then feel free to come over.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Im an ATS addict. I admit. Im on everyday that Im near a computer. The only time Im not on is when Im not near a computer. I try to get away to no avail. Sad yes I know.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Houston, we have a problem...LOL! Only kidding. I too have to log on daily to ATS and other websites, or I feel I haven't got my information fix. It feels almost as if you are walking out in the morning, and forgot to put clothes on. (Had a dream when I was younger that I'd rock up at school, only to notice after wards that I was naked!)

But yah, I feel as if I'm disconnected from the information source otherwise. Honestly, I prefer to have more knowledge, than less. The only advise I can give, is to scour the boards you are most interested in, and trying weed out which posts seem most important to you.

Good Luck

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I am here to deny ignorance...yet I deny my addiction to ATS.

Wow, I am really messed up!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I check it all the time. I work online, and so I'm always on the internet and it's always just a click away. Kind of hard to stay away from interesting discussion.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You're so not alone!
In fact, it's a good job this thread is in the conspiracy forum, because it's a conspiracy in itself.
I think the powers that be here like to reel us in. They do a good job!

The trouble is, (and this is from personal experience), you find that there are so many interesting topics on here, and so many like minded souls. Ergo, you sit at your computer screen with time slipping away far too quickly (another conspiracy imho), nodding in agreement, popping out to work, coming back to the computer screen and nodding in agreement again, not having really connected with the 'real world' at all, aside from your unfortunate place in the corporate machine. On those rare occasions I have dared to tear myself away, and actually have decided that I am turning into a conspiracy theory nutcase who doesn't get out into the aforementioned real world enough, I have, well, gone out and tried it again. I believe the sheeple call this 'socializing'. Unfortunately, it's only ever lasted a couple of days with me as it generally bores me senseless, and the need to deny ignorance and talk about things that matter overcome my temporary desire to engage in usual sheeple activities. I come home, all humble, and yep - you've guessed it, log on here again.

There is no escape hon. I tell you, those three amigos have a lot to answer for.

edit for typo. Stressful stuff this ATS addiction.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by starmist]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just wanted to say I am part of the ats elite 1%. Addicted? Yes, most certainly so.

Love the world news and the experts we get on here when things in the world are just not right.

I can trust that if I am gulible to a subject, there will others here that will help me understand the reality of the situation without a judgement like on other forums.

We really do care about one another and laugh, cry and celebrate together.

At first it is intense, but after a while the paranoia subsides and it really takes alot to get you going where as before ats, the paranoia was like something you just could not put your finger on and there was noone to understand or help you throught it.

I sometimes feel something is really really wrong, and those are the times when ats works best for me personally, if its not in the breaking news it will be soon.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
you can say i am addict
joined this site 5 years ago, and i always kept browsing it
esp. ufos&aliens, cryptozoology and gen. conspiracies

i never contributed much, but im starting to post/respond more to threads instead of just reading them.

love ATS

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
addictated....hmmmm.....if you like I can send the link for the ATS "patch" it' works good...much better then the ATS "gum"
and only 500 points....sorry not cover by o.h.i.p.

Your Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There is a definite reason this site has become increasingly successful over the past years. The developers found a niche in the marketplace that had yet to be properly addressed.

ATS is a well thought out, developed and organized forum for people of many types. However, most website forums of this genre can be generalized by one word: Kooks! (or anything similar ☺)

That said, ATS has found a way to remove that generalization through great moderation and incorporation of actual alternative news sources while also supplying us with a good share of “kook” material.

I love it! I don’t consider myself an addict, but I definitely frequent the site to get my up to date info on the world. Where else can you get the latest news, UFO sightings, conspiracy theories, science news, cryptozoology, etc, etc all at one organized and popular source? NO WHERE.

Keep it up Team ATS!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I was gonna start this thread too. But decided not to admit it.

but since we are all coming clean.

I am always doing spot checks. Scanning down the list to see if anything pops up or there is any recent news.

I do it far too often.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Yesss I have been a lurker for a few weeks and I'm addicted! After never seeing any footage of UFO's. I've now seen about every peice of footage on you tube. However, the only one I think holds any weight is that BBC news one.
I still dont know how to navigate around the site or find threads Ive commented on but Ill learn to crawl before I can walk hey?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Treacherous

Welcome to ATS Treacherous

Glad to see the amigos are addicting anonymous members and previous lurkers too. I think it's all part of the subterfuge hidden and disguised subtely as 'denying ignorance'.
Yep, this site is totally addictive!!!!!! Completely, and, the worst thing is, once you start to realise things, you'll wake up to more things and spend yet more time on here.

*off topic moment* (ps, it might be worth searching the topic you want to discuss in the handily placed search bit at the top right hand corner) before you post it and put it as a new thread. What BBC stuff on UFOs? I'm guessing you mean the recently released UFO stuff from the MOD?

*back on topic* This site isn't that hard to navigate once you get used to it. Thought I'm still confused by things too!: Lots of it. Welcome to ATS addiction. By the time you've figured it all out, your addiction will be complete, therefore there will be no escape.
Your car will have a little sticker on it saying 'deny ignorance', and you will live it.
You'll have figured out how to have an avatar (I don't yet), and do all those weird quote things people do, but you'll already be hooked. It's subtle, but effective.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes, I'm addicted. It all started with a google search... I was led here. Curiosity got the better of me and I began to read... I then read some more... then more... then more.

I guess what hooked me is the level of intelligence of the posters here, and the variety of topics. This place is a wealth of good info.

I've gone from a once and a while reader/lurker, to an extreme addict. There's no place I'd rather spend my time on the web.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by starmist

Hey Starmist, thanks for the welcome, wish I could do links but I've no clue right now. (I'm a newbie so excues me if this is off topic!) But yes I mean the BBC world news strange object thread. Its from 14th oct but I have been looking into the archives! I was just interested cos it was such a long thread and no one had debunked it yet and it looks so real!

Its a nice addiction though, cos I feel like Im learning something whereas one of my other fave websites is just pure gossip for mums! lol. Keep up the great work threaders, I love the intelligence here. (And all the nutters!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join