It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RATS, no longer in use?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I tried to access the RATS board but seen this message:

On July 28th, 2007, we underwent a significant upgrade to our servers and technology infrastructure. Part of that upgrade included some modifications to the information architecture across several sites. Perhaps you followed an old link, or used a bookmark to an old page, or, it may even be possible that you (or someone else) mistyped a link to our sites.

Now I know it is still in use because the stats tell me so.

I understand the RATS section is free from search engines. This interests me. Is this for an exclusive crowd only? Do I need a certain amount of points to enter or do I need to pay to enter?
Or am I unwanted there?
~sniff sniff~

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I got the same message.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You guys are extemporal.
It works for me, but I am here now.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Rats...I just tried to join and I guess I crashed the forum. Maybe the computer is becoming self aware.

By the wsay...is it just me or is the background also changing?

The SO has been busy.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'll switch computers and see if the same happens. I am using a laptop right now. Maybe it will work with the desktop. LOL I dunno!

~feeling left out~

Nope. No change. Still the same message.

[edit on 10/26/2008 by BindareDundat]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

I think you have to pay to enter. Points, though, not dollars.

I'm pretty sure you buy RATS access at the ATS Store in your MemCenter – the first month is pretty steep but the continuing subscription is much lower.

But I've never done it myself, so I could very well be wrong.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Ok. Thank you. I will go over there now to see if I have enough points.

BTW I really like your avatar. I wuv cats.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
please be AWARE..............that RATS membership is counted month to month...starting at the 1st of the month and ends on the last day....

If you pay your points to join RATS on the 25th of the month you will ONLY GET ACCESS for the next 5 days or so till the month ends....and then you must PAY again........its just not calibrated to work for 30 days from the day you join....

When your planning to join RATS.......make it easier on yourself by doing so at THE BEGINNING of the month........ that way you can peruse it for a full month and not just the couple of days you will get, if you join late in the month.

Im just trying to be informative here.......
as I learned this the hard way by first joining on the 29th day of a month long past.....

RATS is most CERTAINLY UP AND RUNNING............I was reading threads inside there not an hour ago.....

[edit on 26-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Or you can not join RATS and save wasting 5000 points like I just did, haha

yeah...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Aww, thanks

beware, self-promotion coming:

I'm actually pretty proud of the avatar – it's the first image I've drawn completely on the computer. I made it for the Halloween Avatar Contest at BTS.

I love your avatar too – it's really beautiful

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

You should be very proud. That is a fantastic job! If only I could be as creative on computer. LOL I cannot take the credit for my avatar. I just manipulated and mixed different images to create the scene behind the girl and then softened the girl up to match.

BTW everyone. I was able to access RATS. I had to go to the ATS Store and buy with points. I never knew that. I am still learning the ropes here. So everything is fine with the link folks.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat
BTW everyone. I was able to access RATS. I had to go to the ATS Store and buy with points. I never knew that.

Hence why we were explaining it to you..............bummer that you purchased access so late in the month though, as it will end for you on the 31st of this month.........if your not understanding me please see my above post....

WELCOME to RATS

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Or you can not join RATS and save wasting 5000 points like I just did, haha

Or you can join since there isn't much to spend points on anyways. Also, RATS is begging for some good threads.. I will support your thread especially if it's to do with aeronautics or UFOs.

Also.....it's always nice to go somewhere newbies can't go...

Actually...err... by joining twitter ANYONE can have RATS access. I say we raise the price to 7500! Who's with me?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Oh that's ok if I only have several days and then have to pay up again. I don't mind.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

There are some good threads in rats, the rest is just threads that end up there, because they mention drug use, and the mods hide them away.

Its like a stoner community in there.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by schism85]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

I've still seen stoner threads shut down in RATS. Don't spread fabrications.

Scram: I like the idea. Not like these points are doing much of anything anyway, right?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by schism85

I've still seen stoner threads shut down in RATS. Don't spread fabrications.

Scram: I like the idea. Not like these points are doing much of anything anyway, right?

Right.

I don't spend much time on there, so I haven't seen any taken down. Didn't know I was "fabricating".

BTW, I love your avatar, if it wasn't for this tool avatar, it would be Serling.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by schism85]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I was hoping to trade mine in for an ATS keychain.

Seriously, anyone who spends an extra two minutes to make a twitter account can get 5000 points. Do we really want just anyone off the street (errr... information super-highway) getting into RATS?? I say 7500 is a small price to pay.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
From what I have read in RATS it's really not worth the points most of the threads in there are about drugs and I have no real use for em.

Frankly RATS needs and exterminator. It's supposed to be about those REALLY ABOVE TOP SECRET threads that members want free from trolls or off search engines. But it's just a waste. most of the threads can be boiled down to one thread.

I haven't seen anything in there that really deserves to be in that forum.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

you sure are generalizing lol

i found out about the murders that happened during the clinton administration (to ppl working IN the administration) from RATS

wait, no

that never happened

top topics

<<   2 >>

join