It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking forward to the end of the world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
The Bible is not calling for a war of unheard of porportions in the middle east?

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Amuk]

No, the Bible is not calling for it, the Bible may, depending on some people's interpretation, talk about it, but it is used as a warning to turn from sin. The revelations are talking about what God will do, in the end of time, not what man is suppossed to bring about for it to happen.

And yes, I totally agree with you, it is a frightening situation that many have misinterpreted this to such a degree that they believe it is their duty to help it along. It is in fact quite similar thinking to Muslim extremists misinterpreting the Koran to believe that they are called to war, violence and outrages against other of God's creatures.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes, it seems as if certain ' men/women ' are fixed on destroying the middle east. I find it pathetic, so much so, that I wont write any further on it, if I did, I would take up 10 pages.

Disgusting pigs rule this world.

Deep

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It is worrying to see these people so rigidly atatched to some pre-designed vision. I'm not sure what to do about it. The only thing I can think of is to provide a vision of the future that is so grand, compelling and awesome that people set aside their predispositions. Capture their imaginations, and then set each one free to dream.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
quote: "No, the Bible is not calling for it, the Bible may, depending on some people's interpretation, talk about it, but it is used as a warning to turn from sin. The revelations are talking about what God will do, in the end of time, not what man is suppossed to bring about for it to happen.

And yes, I totally agree with you, it is a frightening situation that many have misinterpreted this to such a degree that they believe it is their duty to help it along. It is in fact quite similar thinking to Muslim extremists misinterpreting the Koran to believe that they are called to war, violence and outrages against other of God's creatures."

I also agree and could rant for ten pages as well. The only prophesies we have to fear are the self-fulfilling variety. Fundies on both sides want to try to fulfill their narrow little interpretations. It's happened many times before and will happen again, that is if their machinations don't work this time!

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Aeon10101110]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Did christ say something like dont hate those who follow other religons they will be forgivin ect ect. He forgives all even those who follow other religons and make mistakes like that. So why would the be considerd so bad of jesus will forgive them after you kill them.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeon10101110
quote: "No, the Bible is not calling for it, the Bible may, depending on some people's interpretation, talk about it, but it is used as a warning to turn from sin. The revelations are talking about what God will do, in the end of time, not what man is suppossed to bring about for it to happen.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Aeon10101110]

But that is my point that there are those on both sides that do not see it that way, but that it is their ordained destiny to help bring this about.

A lot of the fundies take the stars falling and a third of the people dying and the water turning to blood and people suffering, like a scorpion sting? and not being able to die as a discription of a nuke/bio war, I dont have the exect passages but could google them if you wish.

You must admit the book of revilations reads like a horror story and there are those out there that will stop at nothing to see it pass.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join