It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking forward to the end of the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I remember a few years back the arrested a Christian Cult in Israel that was fermenting trouble between the Jews and Palistinians trying to break the Truce they had at that time. The reason they gave was that they were doing Gods will by helping bring on the end of the world.

I have recently heard Government officals and a General state that we were in the middle east "to do Gods will" .

I also keep hereing such as Pat Robinson, Jerry Fawell, and others say that it is our destiny to fight the final battle in the middle east.

Things like these and others have led me to believe that we might have religious fanitacs every bit as bad as the Muslim extremists high up in the american government that are delibertly working to stop ANY chance of peace in the region because there religious beliefs state that we are destined to war with the 'Devil" (Muslims) and are activily working to make sure it happens.

I was wondering if any one else had any information on the subject

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here is a link to several of the christian groups that were planing action in 1999 to bring about the war.

www.rickross.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
no kidding!!!
i would have never thought that religious fanatics would actually try to create their own armeggedon to prove whose god is right in the final battle, not when you have israel funding hamas and usa funding taliban and bin laden..(yeah yeah, i know past mistakes, but they did it) and Falwell and the rest of the kooks thrive on this stuff and encourage it.

Create your own enemies, you have a better chance of defeating them.

sorry bout the attempt at sarcasm..i have always felt that way about religions and the state of this world.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What came into my mind when I read this thread is that the US Govt under Dubya does look like a bunch of Christian fundamentalists desperate to fight the war of armageddon. They believe that God is on their side and that they will win.

But I don't think they will. Purely because no matter what they say, their actions prove to be the opposite. Love thy neighbour - then kill thousands of his children in an unjust war. Nice Christian thinking there then. They are hypocrites who give Christ lip service and use him as an excuse to do whatever they want.
All they are doing is hastening their own ends.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

What came into my mind when I read this thread is that the US Govt under Dubya does look like a bunch of Christian fundamentalists desperate to fight the war of armageddon. They believe that God is on their side and that they will win.

Exactly.

Its bad when the religious fanatics strap bombs on them selves but its the plot of a horror movie when they control nuclear weapons.

It sounds strange but I really hope that all their talk of doing Gods will is just a con to get the religious rights vote, because if its not than you have people running the country that believe that God wants a nuclear holocaust in the middle east and that THEY have been put into office to do gods will.

I dont know about the rest of you but to me this is a lot more of a real threat than most of the stuff I read on these threads, and nobody in the media seems concerened.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
They are hypocrites who give Christ lip service and use him as an excuse to do whatever they want.
I believe this to be true as well. They are not really Christians who worship Christ, they are of a different order, the order of Satan. These hypocrites only say they are Christian so that they can win the majority of people who are true Christians, all the while they are being deceived by Satans followers.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by Pisky
They are hypocrites who give Christ lip service and use him as an excuse to do whatever they want.
I believe this to be true as well. They are not really Christians who worship Christ, they are of a different order, the order of Satan. These hypocrites only say they are Christian so that they can win the majority of people who are true Christians, all the while they are being deceived by Satans followers.

But is not the Bible calling for this VERY thing?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I can't really say because I don't really study the Bible at this time. But what I can say is that this could be a true reality on Earth at this present time, because Evil and Good are the poles manifest within Jesus and the Devil. It could be, at this time, that Evil has the turn of the wheel, but soon the Good side will have it's turn with the transformation of the Human Being to something different. Kind of like the Devil works together with Good to cause the Good within the Human to challenge itself by fighting the Evil, causing Eschaton towards something better for humanity.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i think you have brought up a very important issue......how the American power people think that christianity is the end all be all and that all others are WRONG. and that those in power truly believe this...they may play the game of trying to keep religion and govt separate but that is only on the surface.......if everybody truly followed their chosen religion...the world would be at peace but religion has been bastardized (is that even a word??) be the people in power....the sheeples are so afraid of their own thoughts that they will not think about relgion for them selves..........religion, as instituted by those in power,has done more harm to the world than drugs will ever do....................

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
forgat my piont...i do look forward to the 'big bang' so to speak...the world or at least the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA has become so lost that the only way to regain the 'path' is for it to get a good 'ol fasioned ass wooping.....

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
forgat my piont...i do look forward to the 'big bang' so to speak...the world or at least the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA has become so lost that the only way to regain the 'path' is for it to get a good 'ol fasioned ass wooping.....

The only problem with this is the only way to take the USA is with nukes and as I pointed out that is what these people have not just been waiting for hoping and PRAYING for a total nuclear war destroying life as we know it so that the world can be replaced with the "NEW earth"

What they really believe is some scary # if you read it

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hi Amuk!
Pat Robertson is a 32nd degree mason, just for the record
Watch out for that guy.

Jerry Falwell is no count, either. I don't think America will be in the final war of Armageddon - I had written an article about this lately, called "gone in 1 hour" at my own little 'conspiracy' site - it explains why and how we will not be... 'around' so to speak, to defend Israel during the final battle. Im sleepy, I need to go to bed and quit reading all these good posts and topics!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is an interesting topic, because I just came across an editorial about Bush maybe thinking he is doing God's will and such. I thought about posting it in its own thread, but I'll just link to it here because it fits in with the discussion.

www.boston.com...
From www.boston.com

(In a kind of related note; I greatly enjoy the Left Behind series. It's a good read for anyone interested in the end times.)

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
A thread on rebuilding the Temple got me to thinking about this subject again, and it seems to be more evidence pointing to just this problem.

It seems that we are caught between two groups of madmen who think they are doing gods will by destroying the world. Wouldnt it be ironic for the world to go up in a radioactive ball of fire because our (and their) leaders thought thats the way it had to be?

There are groups of people on both sides activily working to bring this about.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

A thread on rebuilding the Temple got me to thinking about this subject again, and it seems to be more evidence pointing to just this problem.

It seems that we are caught between two groups of madmen who think they are doing gods will by destroying the world. Wouldnt it be ironic for the world to go up in a radioactive ball of fire because our (and their) leaders thought thats the way it had to be?

There are groups of people on both sides activily working to bring this about.

Hmmm...yes but what to do about it?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The end of the world is not literally the end of the world, but the end as it now is with all the sin and destruction. The world will never end but it will go through bad things. One thing to keep an eye on though, Matthew 24:44. It says Jesus will return at a time when we aren't expecting Him. I am a christian and this verse has been on my mind. I look for Christ to return when things are really bad, but that's not what this verse says. It says He will return at a time when I don't think He should. Are we headed for a time of peace on the earth before all "hell" breaks out, and He will return for the church during this peaceful time then the "end" will come. The horrible time before His 2nd coming.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The only problem with that is there are a BUNCH of fanatics on both sides that believe that it is Gods will for this to happen.

I live in Arkansas and the hills are full of groups like that. How long can it be before one group or the other gets nukes or just stirs the pot a little too much and it does come to pass.

As I have stated before I am as scared of the religious right in the USA pushing the button as I am of the Mosilms or the Jews starting it.

Between the three do we stand a prayer, if you will parden the pun?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

No, the bible talks about certain things happening before the second coming of Christ. I am not sure if it is the Bible or some Christian prophecies, but I believe one of these things is that Israel will be returned to the Jews. What these people are looking for is the second coming for the better world that will exist afterwards. There are some extreme Christian groups even funding Jews from around the world to move over there (10's of thousands per person I believe).

(From a bibical perspective for those who believe, there seem to be a few problems here.) Unfortunately they seem to be ignoring some extremely pertinent information. First in my view is the fact that God gave Israel to the Jews and told them it was theirs forever if they followed Him. Obviously something went astray there or it would still be in their hands, and when God deems to give it back he will. Christians believe that when that happens the second coming will follow, but what they are missing is the part of the bible where it says you cannot know the date & time (ergo, for Christians, anyone believing that dates are set for Revelation events, well, they are ignoring at least this).

By the same token, I cannot understand any of these people who believe they are fulfilling the Lord's will, not understanding that they are actually attempting to force his hand. If you believe in the Bible how can you believe that anyone other than God will handle the time & place, and man is not capable of fulfilling the prophecies, the prophecies are acts of God.

I hope this has helped explain my interpretation of what is going on. I am only making an attempt here from what I have heard. It would probably be better to actually hear from someone who believes in restoring Israel to the Jews to know more about the why & what not.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The Bible is not calling for a war of unheard of porportions in the middle east?

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sadly there are references in the Bible about nuclear weapons being used. There are seals and and trumpets and vials spoken of in the Book Of Revelation. Only the last one, vials, does it say these are the wrath of God. I believe the seals and trumpets are man made things that are going to happen. We have told God we want a world without Him. In the Book of Revelation God in essence is saying, OK, you want a world without me, go ahead. He will let people see that left to ourselves we would destroy all life.

God is going to PREVENT the complete destruction of this planet. So no matter what you "feel" is going to happen, complete destruction will be prevented.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join