It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did the devil create insects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
if god made everything in this world then why are some things so annoying/nasty...?

some examples include the parasitic wasp www.chrisraper.org.uk...
, as well as mosquitos, houseflies, wood-lice, etc.....

Could it be that the devil created these things to make things worse for us, spread disease, ruin our crops, and otherwise fudge up the perfect creation of god......?

Nice quote from CJ Woodworth

C.J. Woodworth, "Forms of Insect Life," The Golden Age, Dec. 19, 1923, pp. 163, 164, 167, 168.

Some people regard the common house-fly as comparatively harmless; but in point of fact it is one of the greatest disease carriers known.... One thing that tends to prove that the fly was originally created by the devil is that it loves every evil thing and hates every good thing. The odors that are most unpleasant to man,... are all pleasing to the fly....

THE mosquito has a bad record. He it is that carries the germs of malaria, yellow fever, [and other diseases].... If you have a disease of any of the above varieties, the mosquito loves to come and bite you and poison you,.... Then he goes off and bites some luckless chap and injects the germs of your disease into him. And if that does not show the disposition of the devil, will you please point out something that does?...

The Japanese beetle is said to be, at this time, our country's worst pest.... Perhaps the devil made this one, too; it looks like his work...

Probably the Lord made some of the useful insects. No doubt the devil made some of the others. The Lord is the better architect...

Source :
www.seanet.com...

[edit on 24-10-2008 by adamclement]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
eh, you nuts?

Man is the worst being on the planet and according to your believes God made man, so why wouldnt he/she/it create some mindless ugly insects that might look nasty but serve their purpose in nature?

Maybe god just created life and it evolved into all the branches we see as lifeforms, insects included.

Evolution is the "indirect" answer to your question.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I agree with the poster above.

If you have problems with parasites and the ruining of the environment, you need only look as far as mankind. I can't think of anything more destructive, wasteful and 'using' than man.

The logical destination of your particular logic steam train is that 'the devil' not only made man, but he actually came up trumps when he did so. Or does that taint your Christian argument?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
the fact the man has caused so much damage is down to his free will.....

this too is down to the devil (i believe)...

I think that man was created perfect, but as a slave, with no free will.....the devil taunted god saying, well of course were well behaved god worshippers, we can do no different, so to proove a point, God gave us free will.

We, as humans, only do wrong/evil when we choose, we are not pre-programmed to do it......

a mosquito is pre-programmed to spread disease, that is what it does....it doesn't have any choice in the matter, that it what it was created to do.......

we are the most damaging thing on the planet but we were not designed to be, it is the temptations of the material world which has led us down this path...

do you see the distinction here between humans with free will who choose to do evil, and creatures that will act in ways we can percieve as damaging to us or evil, with no free will.....i.e. they HAVE to do it.......they HAVE to destroy god's good work.......

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamclement

a mosquito is pre-programmed to spread disease, that is what it does....it doesn't have any choice in the matter, that it what it was created to do.......

no, occasionaly disease is passed due to the cross infection between hosts. The mosquito is like us, it needs to feed. Occasionally with it, it carries disease and viruses.

This would be like saying humans are pre-programmed to spread HIV and Aids during intercourse. Simply not true, it just happens sometimes.

As for the Devil creating insects, excuse me for saying it, but i'd put the bible down and take a look at your garden.

Your garden depends on insects, it's ecological structure is dependant on various grubs, flies, bees, worms etc...

The devil is a figment of your imagination.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If Satan created insects, then Satan has God's power, therefor, Satan is God.

Honestly, you just sound like a Christian that thinks God is only capable of creating cute cuddly bunnies.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Man would not be able to exist without insects, or any other living creature on the planet for that matter.

The do far more for us then we would ever give them credit for.

While we may not understand their roles sometimes, it is for nature to know and understand.
And yes, some insects are quite unpleasante, to us.
To the rest of the animal kingdom, they have their role, adn some animals find them quite tasty.

Insects keep the planet clean from decaying matter. Without insects, the world would be covered with decaying bodies.
Without insects, fungicides and molds that would eat at every crop and plant.
one out of every four bites of food we have, are the benefit of bees.
While termites eat our homes, they break down the trees in the forest and keep it from piling up, becoming impassible, and reducing forest fires.
While flies are gross, they breakdown garbage and waste.
They are a part of every food chain on the planet.

As for the mosquito, do you really think it is born and goes: I am going to spread malaria today!

C'mon now. Do you really think it is conscious of what it is doing, and therefore evil?

While the mosquito has its sinister role in spreading disease, it also has a very important role in the food chain by providing lots and lots of offspring for lots and lots of animals to eat.
There are a lot of fish that live on mosquito larvae.
It isn't a coincidence there are so many tropical fish in places with lots of mosquitos.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If god created us as slaves, then please explain this.

"28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes."

Why does Jesus talk about gaining knowlege, and seeing the truth, and that the truth will set us free. If we are not free today, then are we not already slaves and the point of learning the truth to overcome that slavery? As such, how is we are slaves for god?

Also, why would god need slaves? He can create the entire universe, but he needs slaves on earth to do what? And if that answer is - to worship him, and that is what we were programmed to do, then are you suggesting god is too dumb to realize he would just be making the equivalent of a tape recording that says "You are great" over and over?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamclement
the fact the man has caused so much damage is down to his free will.....

this too is down to the devil (i believe)...

I think that man was created perfect, but as a slave, with no free will.....the devil taunted god saying, well of course were well behaved god worshippers, we can do no different, so to proove a point, God gave us free will.

We, as humans, only do wrong/evil when we choose, we are not pre-programmed to do it......

Which starts to make your argument quite strange. Apparently, we have a choice, whereas insects and the like don't - they can't help/avoid it as it's, according you to, their 'programming'. Well, to me, a creature that has the choice not to do evil but does it anyway, is far more evil than a creature that doesn't have that choice.

I really think you are misunderstanding or misrepresenting insects. Did you watch the documentary about parasitic wasps the other night or something? You are aware that not all insects are like that and insects have a vital part to play in overall ecology. I mean you do understand the role that bees and others have to play regarding pollination &c and how that benefits humans don't you?

Going back to your initial post, the term 'our crops' struck me. They're not really ours as such. You know that land where crops are grown? Generally, we ruined whatever was there before in order to plant those crops. Doing that, had a knock-on effect on the ecology of that environment. 'Ruin' seems a pretty one-sided way of looking at it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It has been my experience that God(however you choose to refer to Him/Her) created everyting for a purpose. It's just that mankind doesn't understand the purpose of each creation.
If you don't beleive in God, then creatures evolved for the same reason. Every creature, every living organism is part of the effort of nature to maintain homeostasis.

"Bigger fleas have little fleas
Upon their backs to bite'em.
Little fleas have littler fleas
And ad infinitim."

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I kind of laughed when I saw this post. Not to be a jerk.

I guess it is as valid a question as any.

Honestly though.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by adamclement

The devil probably did NOT create insects... he doesnt create life he crates life

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that he's responsible for mosquito's and flies.

Other insects....perhaps.

Poisonous spiders...most likely

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I cant recall ever getting an illness from an insect.

Children however.....every time I am around one of them I contract something. A cold, flu, etc. They truly are disease bearing critters.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Those "devil created" insects are probably very valuable if not essential to the survival of all species... including you. Maggots from flies do everything from devour the dead carcasses that pile up on planet weasel to eating the infected flesh out of our wounds. Mosquitoes do spread disease... they also inoculate all of us and strengthen our immune systems. It's a dog eat dog world... without predator spiders etymologists say we would be knee deep in creepy crawly bugs. I really enjoy the little critters.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I cant recall ever getting an illness from an insect.
Children however.....every time I am around one of them I contract something. A cold, flu, etc. They truly are disease bearing critters.

OH.....! Don't get me started! Little kids as WMD's should be a separate thread. You want to solve the Social Security problem?? Send the grandkids over to visit gma & gpa...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Funny stuff

Probably the Lord made some of the useful insects. No doubt the devil made some of the others. The Lord is the better architect...

As already mentioned above. Mosquitoes are imperative to the survival of many species including our own. They are an integral part of the aquatic food chain, leading up to fish.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The devil cannot create anything, he isn't God.

He'd like to be, but sorry, that position had already been filled when he dropped off his resume.

Now, stop and think of the ramifications if there suddenly were no insects on Earth...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

You are wrong in your hypothesis, you are saying God created a perfect 'robot' then why did this perfect 'robot' decide to disobey God by eating the apple. Free will was always there. . . t h i n k. . .

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Nicely said.. Star for you!

new topics

top topics

join