It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermuda Triangle (underwater area 51?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I apologize if this is not int he right area, I didn't know where this might fit. Anyway, I was watching this show on the Bermuda Triangle and the show talked about something I found very interesting.

On the show, a photographer said that when he went to take pictures on the Puerto Rico mountain called El Yunque, an unmarked vehicle approached him and security personnel asked him to stop taking pictures and leave the area immediately. The photographer did some research and found out the security that asked him to leave is from the same security company that patrols Area 51!

When you think about it, what is the same security company that looks after Area 51 doing patrolling the El Yunque mountina in Puerto Rico? I hear that Puerto Rico is a hot spot for UFO activity and that locals have seen craft come out of the water into the sky.

Perhaps there is a secret base beneath the water in the Bermuda Triangle.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
If there is an underwater base at the Bermuda Triangle then there would be ways to find out. One way is to see if the land near the underwater base is owned by the governmnet. If it is public land then you can take all the pictures you want. Another way is to look at shipment records and the budget of the government. If there is money being spent on something at the Bermuda Triangle then there is more of a chance there is an underwater base. If you had the shipment records you could contact the people who shiped the stuff to the Bermuda Triangle and ask them if they knew any thing about an underwater base.

Another idea that could work if the right things were avaliable, which I am pretty sure they are not. Attach a small waterproof camera to a toy submarine. Have the camera be able to send live video to your computer. You would have to have remote control submarine be able to be controled from how ever far away you needed to. You would also need the camera to send back a wireless signal for how ever far you needed as well. This is impossible as of right now, but it would work if it was possible. If the submarine gets destroyed there is a base. If you see a base there is a base. If none of those two things happen there probably isnt a base.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I was watching this show about the Triangle basically what this ones guys theory was that thier is this gas relasead from all the underwater activity and the planes engines cuases a combustion causing the engine to explode. I dunno just a theory.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That is very interesting indeed. I have always been facinated with the Bermuda Triangle, especially when I was a kid.

It's funny how the whole thing just kind of disappeared from TV and media lately, you know? I remember when everyone was always talking about it, and sharing their own theories. Lately, it is like it has been "forgotten".

So, the chances of a base being there underwater are definitely good, considering all of the weird things that have happened there. But is it a U.S. base? Or something else...

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I was watching this show about the Triangle basically what this ones guys theory was that thier is this gas relasead from all the underwater activity and the planes engines cuases a combustion causing the engine to explode. I dunno just a theory.

I've heard a similar theory to this. This one involved two scientists that believed that methane gas build up could sink ships and disrupt airplane mechanics. It was somewhat big news a few months ago. But they proved this theory on a smaller scale, and supposedly it was no longer a theory, but a reality in context.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt there are bases in puerto rico, however, i doubt that the entire triangle in an under ground base. Why? Because for all the lost ships and plane in the triangle, there are many more that went through it just fine. If it was a government base, NO ONE would pass through the area. Area 51 is basicly inpenitrable. The triangle is not, you stand a good chance of making through perfectly fine.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
I wouldn't doubt there are bases in puerto rico, however, i doubt that the entire triangle in an under ground base. Why? Because for all the lost ships and plane in the triangle, there are many more that went through it just fine. If it was a government base, NO ONE would pass through the area. Area 51 is basicly inpenitrable. The triangle is not, you stand a good chance of making through perfectly fine.

The only problem with your theory is that in order to maintain secrecy, sometimes you have to make it seem "not secret", you know? There are plenty of bases in the States and across the globe that "appear" to be normal, but inside they whole a vast amount of secrets. It would only seem logical to assume that if a base was in Puerto Rico, underwater (which would be a HUGE project), then they would not restrict access ON TOP of the water, in order to conceal their activities.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wasn't there a base in PR where military bombings were taking place. I know it started with a V, but I don't think it's this place mentioned above. However I find it interesting that the "same security" works both this area and A51. I've read that the same disaster cleanup crew was used for both OK City and WTC.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing

I've heard a similar theory to this. This one involved two scientists that believed that methane gas build up could sink ships and disrupt airplane mechanics. It was somewhat big news a few months ago. But they proved this theory on a smaller scale, and supposedly it was no longer a theory, but a reality in context.

Basically what happens is the the bubbling methane gas changes how the ship displaces water. It was done to scale models in a tank. It proved that with enough bubbles of any kind of gas, it would change the water displacement and the ship would sink.

As for the planes, they would certainly blow up if enough methane was "inhaled" by the engines and it ignited.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I wish I had known about the Bermuda Triangle when I was a teenager. I visited my relatives in Bermuda when I was 15 yrs. old. My cousin was a ship's pilot. He used to take the big ships like the Queen Elizabeth (One) in and out of Hamilton Harbour. If there were any truth to the Triangle mystery, he would have known. At that time, I had never heard of the Bermuda Triangle.
Since my relatives were much older than me, I guess they are deceased now. (I am in my 60's.)

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
s

[edit on 2004-7-1 by Teknik]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hell, you could just get a bunch of people together with some scuba gear and go looking around. Obtain some underwater sonar equipment and video devices, you know, the works. I'm sure you could find something down there which would reveal clues as to what really goes on over there. Or, maybe you'd find something else...

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
my pesonal theory is that it was the site of the comet crash that killed the dinosaurs, it is right were the is a big circular cut out in the land, if you check out a physical map i think there is a big deep spot there.
the stange thing that sinks ships or downs planes could be explained by whatever material the comet was, perhaps element 115 or somehting

and just resently the government has decide to start taking it all because it is very very very hard to get a hold of

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The main theory is that the Bermuda Triangle is the most dangerous waters in the world and has the most unpredictable freak waves. There isn't no base due to investigation under the water, also there is a theory about the ground opening up and releasing Gas which can pull boats down.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
hey, i think that he may be right about the base, if you think about it, the best way to hide something is in perfectly plain view. if people have access to the place without seeing the base thats actually there, they wont think anything about it at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't agree that there could be a (MAN MADE) secret base under the ocean in the BT. Mysterious events and strange goings on were reported in that area years before any nation on earth had the technology to build anything like that.

Christopher Columbus saw strange lights following him on his passage through, and that was centuries ago.

So if theres a base down there....it's definitely not one of ours

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I really have no clue to the strange happenings of the Bermuda Triangle, although I find it very interesting and who knows, maybe there is something to the thought of an underwater area 51. Check out this link which points out AUTEC as possibly involved in some type of undersea research, maybe even involving UFOs. News of the Triangle has been quiet over the years and sometimes I wonder why that is?

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Good find tracer! Gonna have a read of that when get home. I agree though - the popularity of the BT seems to have died down over the last decade or so.

Maybe cos there have been no reported disappearances?

Maybe people just found something else to be interested/intrigued in?

Kinda like the lochness monster. Old nessie's 15 minutes are surely over.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I guess that I should have also included this link in my post, but had not really read to much of it, but anyway here is the link to AUTEC, looks like a pretty good read if you are researching the triangle and ufos.

www.npt.nuwc.navy.mil...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I doubt that if it's a base it's a human base... just because planes and ships have been disappearing from the area for a lot longer than Earth's governments have had anything worth hiding that well.

Interesting theory though... makes you think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join