It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud American Movie by Corporate America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So i was browsing the internet and came across this

i found it to be incredibly disgusting, its pure brainwashing propaganda
if this movie is really coming out i am sad to be an American, because these are this types of mind numbing things they spray our country with, I'm sure if it comes out millions would go see it and it would make money.

I cant believe it.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

i tried to imbed it but couldnt, maybe someone else can get it????

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
come on, a movie presented by Coca Cola, Mastercard, American Airlines, and Wal-mart and no one seems to find this as incredibly disturbing esp. at this period in time when so many more important things should be discussed???

is it possible for someone to get the video on here instead of having to go to the link i cant make it work. please and thank you.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by robertnesta]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If it really is a movie being released, it looks god-awful. Bad acting, bad writing, shallow plots... just a big dumb propaganda clown for the inebriates' circus.

But, whatever. It certainly isn't going to make me "sad to be American." We have the right to release dumb movies, if we so desire, and the right to be dumb enough to watch them. It's depressing in some ways but also absolutely necessary for a democracy.

After all, you don't see me complaining about Ben Stein's dumb movie about why he's smarter than the entire established scientific community. The fact that it flopped at the box office has proven that maybe most Americans aren't as short-sighted as he is, after all... and with any luck, the same will be true for this "Proud to Be An American" crap.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by Magnus47]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

yeah but the fact is this movie is being put out by corporation that have taken part in the downfall of america. its pure propaganda and its gross.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

00:47 - 00:55 ...

They should call it 'Proud Corn'.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

There you go

Originally posted by robertnesta
come on, a movie presented by Coca Cola, Mastercard, American Airlines, and Wal-mart and no one seems to find this as incredibly disturbing esp. at this period in time when so many more important things should be discussed???

I don't think there is anything wrong with a movie showing america's landscape and the unique opportunities given to people in America. Sure it looks really cheesy but if it inspires only 1 person to fight for success then I think it has done its job.

The great thing about America is if you don't like something you have the freedom to not watch.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
185 voters on imdb.com gave it a telling 1.6 out of 10. One user of the site referred to 'Proud American' as "the world's most expensive after-school special."

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
185 voters on imdb.com gave it a telling 1.6 out of 10. One user of the site referred to 'Proud American' as "the world's most expensive after-school special."

Does that mean that this is actually real?

This is the cheesiest looking thing I've seen in my life!
I can't believe these evil corporations actually got together and did this crap!

edit - I see now that it's already been released, and it bombed.

[edit on 10/23/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
they (corporate america) want us to be drolling incompetant slaves so they put this out in hopes to grab onto peoples emotions and make them feel " with hard work and determination you can accomplish your dreams in America"

when the reality is America is crumbling and this is one pathetic attempt to pull it back together, problem is we are waking up and this movie looks as apealing as a pile of rotting flesh

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Wow what a wonderful country we are: hope, Coca-Cola, unfettered dreams, American Airlines, idealism, MasterCard, freedom.

From IMDB, we learn this film had the "Worst Wide Release Opening Box Office Ever". Aim high! User comments, in a nutshell?

World's Most Expensive After-School Special

...very ham-handed.
...product placement for Coca-Cola and American Airlines throughout the film

Hooray America!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
from the official website

www.proudamericanfilm.com...
Nationwide Release without Advertising
At the last moment, the funding source and the backup funding source who committed to the money needed for advertising failed to come through on their commitments. It was too late to stop the release, so proud American went into 750 theaters with virtually no advertising support. The theaters sat mostly empty, with most people simply not knowing we were in theaters. The theaters pulled the film after the opening due to the very low numbers. They are in business to put people in theater seats and we failed to support the film as planned with advertising. As our TV, radio and print ads sat on the shelf, Hurricane Ike and politics dominated the news. The Midwest had severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings. It was a tough weekend to start with and the lack of advertising killed us.

A Silver Lining
The good news is, the problem is not the film. Any film without advertising is doomed at the box office. That is especially true for a specialty film like ours without major stars or national PR, it’s even harder. The best news, those who did see the film were unanimous in their praise for Proud American. We received hundreds of unsolicited e-mails praising the film and asking when we are bringing it back. Many people heard from others about Proud American and planned to go the second week, but it was pulled by all the theaters after the first week.

Re-Release
Proud American will be back after the first of the year with a well coordinated planned and well advertised release. Details are being planned now.

Timing
From the beginning this project has been ...

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 26/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I think I just died a little inside, but then I remembered things like the tv show Full House and the Dr Dolittle movies. People love cheese.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
from the official website

www.proudamericanfilm.com...
Re-Release
Proud American will be back after the first of the year with a well coordinated planned and well advertised release. Details are being planned now.

That's devastating news.
I would like to say that people are too smart to see this crap, but Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer got people to see their mindless movies, at least until "Disaster Movie". I guess people finally caught on to the fact that their movies are lame. Hopefully people will have an easier time spotting propaganda than they had spotting terrible comedy.

I can't find much about this Fred Ashman guy from google, other than he works for Multi Image Productions, Inc., a company that does films for corporations. I couldn't even find what college this guy went to. All the biographies that I've come across of him are pretty much empty.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well the acting looks like absolutely crap... but it's not as bad as I was expecting, I thought I would see some sort of over-the-top-tow-the-Bush-line propaganda, like some of the movies and TV shows that came out shortly after 9/11.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Instant cult classic!

Iam sure most people will see this movie for what it truly is, pretty lame.

Its about time Wal-Mart put out a movie.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
America has a lot to be proud of and has done a lot of good in the world. I think it is going through an awkward period now and is doing some bad in the world. It has the resources to be again the shining hope it once was.

Thankyou America for the many ways you have enriched my life and please remember, sometimes friends have to tell one another unpleasant truths.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by ipsedixit]

top topics

join