It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran busts CIA terror network

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by seejanerun
I'm pretty sure our gov't saw no other way to do this at this time. They don't want an open war, we have 2 of those now. They are also probably figuring Israel can do it for us. So this would be the easiest way to try to stir things up in Iran.

Could this be disinfo? Sure. They have people in Iran also who aren't sheeple. A few brave souls may have decided they need to take radical action. We have far less insanity going on out in the open in the USA (as far as our govt., they pretend they have our interests at heart anyway) and people on this site are calling for revolt and revolution. So I would have to believe the oppressive atmosphere in Iran would have people doing the same things just in whispers in the dark. As we all know the USA will take advantage of a situation like that in a NY second. So yes, I believe this is very possible.

Greetings.......Any time you think this government can protect us ...just take a look at the landscape in lower manhattan...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Its funny - there are Drug commercials, where teens say "I was just having fun, it didnt hurt anyone," and then they show pictures of the murders and so on with drug money. They should make one that says "I was only paying my taxes," and then show the arming of terrorist groups.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It isn't a surprise that the CIA would do something like this, but it isn't a surprise that Iran would blame them not knowingly. The CIA have done some pretty messed up things before so don't go all patriot defending them. Need I say The CIA Family Jewels?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Its hard to know.

On the one hand, I tend to take news such as this from Iran with a grain of salt.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time the CIA took the stance of, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
While I agree, the source of the iran news article has to be taken in account, there is plenty of speculation to go around that lends credence to it.

In 2003, the Defense Department began working with terrorist and dissident groups in an effort to destabilize Iran, bypassing traditional intelligence channels. One of the assets the Pentagon used was a terrorist organization known as Mujahedeen-e Khalq (MEK), which was being “run” in two southern regional areas of Iran, including a Shia region where a series of attacks in 2006 left many dead and hundreds injured.

rawstory.com...

...Congress agreed to a request from President Bush to fund a major escalation of covert operations against Iran, ... The covert activities involve support of the minority Ahwazi Arab and Baluchi groups and other dissident organizations.

www.newyorker.com...

"While our Democratic-led Congress claims to oppose the Bush Administration's reliance on military action and war in the Middle East, it appears they are actually partners in inciting a new war with Iran. For just as Congress is approving potentially disastrous resolutions calling for a blockade of Iran (H. Con. Res. 362 and S.Res.580), we now find out in the Washington Post that Congressional leaders have known about – and last year tacitly approved – the Bush Administration's secret plan to destabilize the Iranian government with $400 million for covert operations.

www.politickermd.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

CIA Busts Iran Terror Network

I live in America, and I speak the American language as good as anyone, I can tell you that that's the only correct way to put those words together. It makes no sense otherwise, it's not even gramatically correct.

:-) Ah ..... you must be talking about Washington-speak; the only language where the syntax changes minute by minute.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomagoo
Its funny - there are Drug commercials, where teens say "I was just having fun, it didnt hurt anyone," and then they show pictures of the murders and so on with drug money. They should make one that says "I was only paying my taxes," and then show the arming of terrorist groups.

The "paying taxes" theme is good -- but it should be connected with depictions of murdered non-combatent men, women and children. Maybe something like this:

www.mninter.net...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Lol...

I have to say this is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time...
USA vs Iran, both calling each other evil...

... It's like watching a Murderer and a Rapist argue over which one's a saint.

... Then there's the rest of the world, laughing at you both from outside the bars.

I'll save you the trouble US and Iran... you're both screwed up... equally.

Do us a favor and collapse already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join