It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran busts CIA terror network

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Iran busts CIA terror network

www.tehrantimes.com

In a coordinated operation on May 7, Iranian intelligence agents arrested the terrorist network’s members, who were identified in Fars, Khuzestan, Gilan, West Azerbaijan, and Tehran provinces, the Intelligence Ministry announcement said.
The United States Central Intelligence Agency comprehensively supported the terrorist group by arming it, training its members, and sponsoring its inhumane activities in Iran, the Intelligence Ministry stated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Is it the War against Terror or is it a "War of Terror" ? The CIA has been arming and financing many terrorist groups operating in Iran, among them the Mojahideen-E-Khalq (People's Mujahideen), known for their extreme fanaticism, or Jundollah (Army of God). This examples clearly exhibits the forked tongue of the US military leadership.

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ahh, the CIA and their infinite wisdom.

When will they learn that the people we arm today will use those arms against us in the future? Even I can figure that out.

These guys are opposed to the regime in place today. Tomorrow? Who knows.

I know this much. The one that was killed was the lucky one. The others will be tortured and when they are no longer valuable they will die.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This coming from the same government who photoshopped missile launches and has been claiming and backtracking on things ever since a war with them hasn't been "eminent"....ooook

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
This coming from the same government who photoshopped missile launches and has been claiming and backtracking on things ever since a war with them hasn't been "eminent"....ooook

I agree.
Since when has Iran's news agency told the truth about anything?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

And the US gov't doesn't engage in any sort of hypocritical, unethical or terroristic behavior, does it? Oh wait. That was some other worldline. This is the one where the US gov't has NO right to comment on anyone else's naughtiness. America is the world's bully currently. I would reserve comment for when my government isn't standing in quicksand, were I you.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Who do you trust when the whole world is full of liars out to kill, dominate, and pillage everyone else?

Believe neither Iran nor the USA, if you're looking for a dose of reality. The people who were captured probably don't even know the truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure our gov't saw no other way to do this at this time. They don't want an open war, we have 2 of those now. They are also probably figuring Israel can do it for us. So this would be the easiest way to try to stir things up in Iran.

Could this be disinfo? Sure. They have people in Iran also who aren't sheeple. A few brave souls may have decided they need to take radical action. We have far less insanity going on out in the open in the USA (as far as our govt., they pretend they have our interests at heart anyway) and people on this site are calling for revolt and revolution. So I would have to believe the oppressive atmosphere in Iran would have people doing the same things just in whispers in the dark. As we all know the USA will take advantage of a situation like that in a NY second. So yes, I believe this is very possible.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I am sorry this headline makes no sense, the words are in the wrong order. Shouldn't it be:

CIA Busts Iran Terror Network

I live in America, and I speak the American language as good as anyone, I can tell you that that's the only correct way to put those words together. It makes no sense otherwise, it's not even gramatically correct.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by yellowcard

And the US gov't doesn't engage in any sort of hypocritical, unethical or terroristic behavior, does it? Oh wait. That was some other worldline. This is the one where the US gov't has NO right to comment on anyone else's naughtiness. America is the world's bully currently. I would reserve comment for when my government isn't standing in quicksand, were I you.

Except when the U.S. government lies it leaks through the press. Ever wonder how we bust so much stuff? You can say what you want, but the U.S. Government is monitored a lot by the press...the Iranian government...not so much, since they don't really have freedom of press.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Sounds like the spy pigeons gave up thier handlers under duress.

Where is PETA on the abuse of these pigeons?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
How can anyone believe this, unless they provide proof?
Although the article is pretty specific,
I wouldnt put it past the CIA, and the militia's operating in Iran.
Unfortunately, no one can believe this until evidence is provided.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hello? Are you people for real? Surely you see your government for what it really is. You can't genuinely believe they are working for the good of all world citizens. This is a fine example of Stockholm Syndrome but it's still thoroughly inexplicable. Maybe someone will file a class action suit against the government for heinous crimes against her citizenry. You all could jump onboard with psychological damage.

I'm honestly not trying to be unkind or overly critical here, but seriously....are you for real? There's no justification for your government's actions either inside or outside of your borders.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Of course the CIA will be funding/arming terrorist groups in Iran, they need to destabilize the country, and that's a standard tactic. Iran may call them terrorists, I'm sure the USA would prefer to describe these groups as freedom fighters, or just not mention them at all.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

and the USA calls the hezbollah terrorists because they are fighting israel - and they are called freedom fighters by most countreis - yet the US funds teh weapons to kill them;

oh the hypocrasy

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Does this really come as any surprise to Americans? Yeah, even though it's pretty well documented that the CIA has been doing this sort of thing all the way through the Cold War Era...In short, it's not really "news," but just "business as usual for the CIA.

The real trick is to get news like this broadcast/published all over America so that the uninformed/unknowing masses can see what the US Government really cares about (& it's not obedience to their Oaths of Office)!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Seymore Hersh blew this story wide open a couple years ago. Bush even said he was doing covert ops in Iran. This story further confirms it, but it appears even on ATS, the propaganda against Iran has worked. The funny thing is, when Iran gets invaded by terrorists, it seek to find the root cause while treating everyone wtih respect. When USA gets hit by supposed terrorists as was done on 911, countries that didn't have anything to do with it (Iraq and Afghanistan) get destroyed.

Oh the ignorance and hypocrisy. No wonder the country's getting looted, and the sheeple are cluelessly engaged in their two minute's hate while preying for their zionazi masters to save them by giving more money to the people who are looting them. Sheeple indeed.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'd take Tehran Times with a grain of salt. However, it wouldn't surprise me. Standard covert ops. Iran is openly on the U.S's hit list, and wrecking a country from within is nearly always the strategy. Unless of course you believe that war involves lining up two armies on an open plain somewhere and charging headfirst into each other.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanobyte

Originally posted by yellowcard

I agree.
Since when has Iran's news agency told the truth about anything?

You could say the exact same thing about your media and news agencies.

You're both caught is a propaganda web of lies.

TBH, i believe what i hear from the Iranians and Russians more that the US and UK

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Inference being that the US is going to do the same thing. Hmm... let me just do the math here....

Maybe it would be nice to shed the old Blind Belief in the Absolute Good of the Fatherland schtick for now. It's worn a bit thin already. Deny ignorance - great. Deny mindless patriotism - so much the better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join